QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Most moving scene in a Ghibli Film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Most moving scene in a Ghibli Film Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
And that, supertrf, is the magic of Ghibli, IMO

Thanks.
BTW,what's your favourite animation movie of Miyazaki?

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

04.16.2011, 11:13 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
The scene of setsukos spirit walking around the shelter.

Which movie are you referring to? (sorry if I'm dense, I just can't remember who Setsuko was)

04.22.2011, 06:03 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Takuto
quote:

Which movie are you referring to? (sorry if I'm dense, I just can't remember who Setsuko was)

Probably from "Grave of the Fireflies"... I think that was the girls name...

@supertrf:
My favorite Ghibli is "Whisper of the Heart"

04.23.2011, 01:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Takuto
quote:

Probably from "Grave of the Fireflies"... I think that was the girls name...

@supertrf:
My favorite Ghibli is "Whisper of the Heart"

Yeah that scene is from Grave of the fireflies. The whole movie is really sad, but that scene is just...

04.23.2011, 10:57 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have two moving scenes!!!

The first is the whole of The Grave of the Fireflies!!!
It is one of the most moving films i have watched!!!

The second is the end scene of Howls Moving Castle!!!

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 11.01.2011, 12:25 PM.

10.31.2011, 04:46 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Wiki...

Please let people know if you sre going to post a spoiler. Mzny members haven't seen all of the movies and it may ruin the ensing for them if they know beforehand what happens, even in a general sense. To refer obliquely to something is ok, just not speklled out as you did.

This is NOT a chastisement, merely a cautioning to a new member who may not have realized fully what he was inadvertantly doing.

10.31.2011, 08:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry I didn't realise!!!!

I have edited the post now so it doesn't spoil plot line for anyone anymore, and I apoligise to anyone who I have spoilt the plots for!!!

again I APOLIGISE!!!!

11.01.2011, 12:27 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hey, don't worry about it. We've all done it at one time or another...

11.02.2011, 12:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
JaPitt
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.05.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JaPitt Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite scene is where Marco is telling Fio a bedtime story - the tale of how he may have been cursed when he rejected humanity.

I also love the flashback scene from 'Porco Rosso' where Marco flies by Gina's home

11.05.2011, 07:33 PM JaPitt is offline   Profile for JaPitt Add JaPitt to your buddy list
Jxudo
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.12.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jxudo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyDan
I think in Tales from Earthsea, the whole idea of the fact that Shadowhawk is trying to fix the world because the balance is.. off (well in another wording, it's the same) I think the whole concept is moving, the idea that the world is changing like that.

It's Sparrowhawk lol sorry just couldn't help it.

11.06.2011, 03:02 PM Jxudo is offline   Profile for Jxudo Add Jxudo to your buddy list Homepage of Jxudo
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really enjoy reading this thread....

11.21.2011, 06:28 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The ending to grave of the fireflies in an obvious one. i love in howls moving castle when Sophie goes to howls childhood and cave of mind starts playing, perfectly complimenting the scene.... The re-birth of the forest in mononoke... and Shizuku and Seiji walking after country roads.... im too tired to structure this properly so sorry about the chunk of writing....

11.21.2011, 08:18 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks