QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club - Full Moon eps 4-6
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Anime Club - Full Moon eps 4-6 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Anime Club - Full Moon eps 4-6Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

open discussion on eps 4 - 6

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.05.2007, 04:16 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished fixing my pc from a bad trojan attack, right after a 3-day leadership course (not me who took it), so I'll comment on them eps later.

@Saddle: The boss or something. Eh, with reapers like that, they'd need one.

That's Tanaka, and yes, she's a helper, a maid, whatever you wanna call her. She's the comic humour, mainly. She doesn't do anything anyway, barely essential to the story.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.06.2007, 11:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
So..
the 4-6. I liked em. the feelin of the show is retained well.
Its happy. Cheers you up.
There were two htings I did find strange.

a) the 12 year old Mitsuki has never used a mobile (that might be possible)... but she doesnt know what mails are? I mean.. come on.

b) That nanami is suddenly best friends with her parents after mitsuki's speech. If theyve been like that for a long time, they wont just suddenly completely change their minds. Didnt seem very credible to me.

Oh. I liked the name Guitar Boys. Very orginal name for a band.
Anyway.
Ill continue watching. Its fun. I like it. I do also think the 16 year old Mitsuki is very pretty. かわい ですよね!
i swear Ive heard Meroko's voice before. MAybe AzuDai.. im not sure.
Anyone know about it?

06.06.2007, 02:43 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, darn it! I can only remember from 23 up!
And I can't watch anime anymore on youtube. Ugh...But I'm not sure about Veoh. Gah, yes, my sis got it so I can't go to youtube anymore. Darn her...
I need the manga. And a new memory.

06.06.2007, 08:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She's only twelve. And I doubt her grandma ever gave her the chance to even know these stuff.

On that Nanami thingy, meh, it's a feel-good anime. But yeah, would be more realistic if the parents felt ashamed and walked up to her, instead of running up and in tears.

But that's for ep6.

Anyway, ep4 is about her debut single, which still isn't technically known right now. But I can assure you it's a pretty good song.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.07.2007, 12:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed ep.4 a lot, I thought there was some real emotion beginning to come through there.

Takuto stopped being a jerk and started being helpful and considerate and using his brain. I thought his putting the blanket over Mitsuki when she fell asleep after writing her song all night was quite touching. PLus of course it was his idea to get Mitsuki to write her song using the feelings in her heart, which was a sweet little touch to the story.

Dr. Wakaouji seems to be swinging round to the 'helpful/supportive' minor character I hoped he would be.

So, all seems to be going well.

Apart from the throat problems.

@ JRR, yes the VA for Mitsuki is good isn't she? A very cute appealing voice and the actings very good.

@ FFF, yes the whole series is on Veoh.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.08.2007, 05:52 PM.

06.07.2007, 02:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, JRR, the person voice acting for Meroko didn't do any for AzuDai. Yet, she does seem quite familiar sounding.(seiyuu-Chieko Honda.)
Myco(Changin' My Life) fits Mitsuki quite well with voice. I love her music. Except I want Smile so badly...Can't find it! Darn it!
And what's with the mangaka having female protagonists that have brown hair and when they transform, turn into blond haired girls? But, Mitsuki does look good with blond hair when 16.
Um, what is mails anyway? He he he....*is scared of phones, not allowed to have one*
I wonder what you'll all think of Izumi though, later on...Um, I'm not gonna spoil it because I had to skip ep. 45 for reasons.(not saying what's gonna happen in later episodes since I knew before I watched it. I still ended up crying though in the end. Well, only when that guy....Izumi, you're making your self look like a bastard when you are a sadist.)
I liked Oshige better than Dr. Wakaouji, but I guess I like both. I understand the grandmother, but I like her past in the manga better...
I wonder if I'm allowed to use Veoh.

06.07.2007, 06:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, out of the 3 eps, 6 is by far the best, but i dont like that little girl Nanami.

she has a unhuman sense about her, yeah shes young, but she forces Mitsuki to tear open the wounds about her family, and i have experience knowing that it isnt the easiest thing to do. I do however like what Meroko does as she replaces Mitsuki and gets a taste of her shelterd life. it was a good character building epsiode and keeps me into the series.

and i check out this Veoh thingy, and i like it, much better than Youtube.

Side note: Yay! posdt #2000!, id like to apologize for all the threads i spammed to get to this number lol.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.07.2007, 07:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shoot. You're like ahead of me by two. lol
I didn't like Nanami either. She's the little girl who took Takuto, right?

06.07.2007, 07:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep,
Spoilers!

then she went on her rant about not having parents and then Mitsuki went and tore her scares open to make sure that she was eitehr telling the truth or lying.

i still love mitsuki, she is adorable, im glad theres 40+ odd episodes, i hope it doesnt get watered down though.

lol, i beat you lol . only fitting, ive been here longer than you have.

Click for Gallery^^

06.07.2007, 07:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Grr, I can't help it that writing and suicide has taken over my friendly thoughts. I don't even look like the person who would think of suicide or acts smart enough around my friends to be a writer.
It gets kinda deep in episodes 41 to 52. I wonder how many of you will hate Madoka? She actually turns into...oops.
I'm not telling why it gets deep because it explains too much. I don't even know why I know too much.
And I only cried at the end of Full Moon and episode 34. I had a reason for episode 34 though. This show raised me up when my gramps died.

06.07.2007, 07:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

hmm, well im glad oyu didnt spoil it or id have to go over ot NB and kill you myself, jsut kidding but seriously, if you want to talk this out, i can probably help you, remember i had both my parents die withint 3 years, ive been through it all, i cna maybe diverge some words of advice.

Click for Gallery^^

06.07.2007, 07:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
hmm, well im glad oyu didnt spoil it or id have to go over ot NB and kill you myself, jsut kidding but seriously, if you want to talk this out, i can probably help you, remember i had both my parents die withint 3 years, ive been through it all, i cna maybe diverge some words of advice.

It's fine, it's fine.^^Heh heh. If I'm going to be an author of some sort, I'm going to have to get used to the thoughts and dangers it comes with. It may never go away.*shrugs*
I'm not gonna spoil it! Except by mistake maybe. Especially if you don't know a certain thing about one of the characters, Takuto's past(I forget if they forgot in the anime a certain bit of info.)

06.07.2007, 07:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

*sigh*, you drive me crazy, i dont evenm know what to think.

and you better not spoil it by accident or you better run and hide, ill give oyu a 4 month head start, thats about how long it would take me to walk to NB.

Click for Gallery^^

06.07.2007, 07:31 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sh*t, you know what I look like, don't you?!
I'm so gonna look different than Shizuku in the summer. I'm getting short, short hair. Just to see if I like it and to grow my hair straight.
Sh*t, Ray knows where I frigging live! Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t!
I want a Meroko and Takuto stuffed animal plushies though.

06.07.2007, 07:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

settle down, no need or profanity, im still trying to find a picture of myself to show everyone, i live in thunder Bay, on top of lake superior, im not that concerned if people know wahere i live, plus i dont plan on goin to see you, im a busy person i got school and work. no time for a random trip to NB.

Click for Gallery^^

06.07.2007, 07:55 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
settle down, no need or profanity, im still trying to find a picture of myself to show everyone, i live in thunder Bay, on top of lake superior, im not that concerned if people know wahere i live, plus i dont plan on goin to see you, im a busy person i got school and work. no time for a random trip to NB.

lol, yeah. But my place is a small, small, small place in the middle of a forest by an ocean and reminds me of Are We Done Yet? .
And it's not on the map. Good, but how did Man-chan locate me?

06.07.2007, 07:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

your asking the wrong person.

Click for Gallery^^

06.07.2007, 08:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Okay kids, settle down. And yeah, ease off on the major spoilers. We're still in the opening stages where nothing major actually happens. After all, we wouldn't want people like Saddle to lose sleep just to catch up and see that climax

So don't worry Sanfan, it ain't gonna get "watered down" in any way.

Anyway, on ep4, it pretty much summarizes my feelings on the music industry today. Gone are the days of oldies where people actually bother understanding the lyrics. Nowadays, you might as well dump every pop, rock and R&B together in the same catagory as trance, cuz that's what it does to you.

Good music needs good lyrics. Not clichéd cheesy variants of how to say "I love you".

This is why I so much prefer jazz and easy listening.

On her VA Myco, I dug up some site that says she debuted in 2001, which is a year before the release of FMwS. Oddly though, her band (Changin' My Life) disbanded the year after, in 2003, after which she went solo. And that she only has one other anime title under her belt as a voice actress. Pity, she does have a good voice.

There are a couple of videos on Youtube featuring her songs, but I highly suggest those who haven't seen this series to stay away from it at the moment, other than "New Future", since that's the ending song up till ep6.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, get ready for the warm fuzzies when ep7 rolls in. I'll post the lyrics of the song Mitsuki wrote her, along with the translations of course.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.08.2007, 06:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, and it would be good if we could stay on topic here, there are plenty of other threads for people to go chat on that have been ruined already.

OK, just watched eps.5 and 6.

I am really getting to like Mitsuki more and more. She's completely adorable, even her angsty bits over agonizing about acting like an adult at the photo shoot.

I wasn't sold on those three teenage girls at the hill scene that was just all a bit strange and struck me as though the writers were in one of those "OK what can we pad this episode out with?" moods.

Also Meroko seems to have the "guide book" that tells her what to look out for that might threaten Mitsuki. That seems a bit flimsy a plot device to me, surely the Shinigami should simply know who is/will be the threat?

(but that would deduct so much potential joke/plot material from the series though wouldn't it?)

The Takuto-stealing doll girl in ep.6 was just plain annoying, that set of scenes got me quite cross, I hate that kind of tension builder in a show when we know Mitsuki has to get back to her job and we know a Shinigami shouldn't get distracted from his/her duties like that... grrrr...

And I agree, the scene with the parents was just uncomfortably cheesey.

Who actually sings the songs, its not the same VA who does Mitsuki's voice is it? It seems a noticeably deeper voice.

Still, on balance, I'm enjoying it, mostly for Mitsuki's kawaiiness and the character development in the two Shinigami (I noticed Meroko pulled up Takuto once or twice in ep.5 for commenting on how nice the 16 year old Mitsuki looked).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.08.2007, 06:04 PM.

06.08.2007, 03:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks