QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club: Full Moon eps.11-12-13
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Anime Club: Full Moon eps.11-12-13 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Anime Club: Full Moon eps.11-12-13Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shall we press on?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.18.2007, 03:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fine leave me far behind...

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.18.2007, 04:16 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
okidoki
saw 11 today
I liked the "I will protect you" by takuto stuff.
But the paparazzi went on my nerves

06.18.2007, 05:56 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was actually thinking of waiting for our beloved sigmaker...

... but I already saw ep11.

Two words: Paparazzi sux0rz.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.19.2007, 02:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, its the thought that counts lol

ill catch up, i can watch a few tomarrow and thursday, i have and exam tomarrow, but its early in the morning so i can watch in the afternoon, il catch up their, but i might not have anything meaningful to contribute. ill get back into this one though, Mitsuki and the whole series is too cute.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.19.2007, 03:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got more pics from the manga artist to share.

Anyway, ep11 pretty much sums up why you'll never find me in a major spotlight: I hate the attention. And I've had my fair share of it, so I know I won't like it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.20.2007, 01:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

No post for a while, so I'll do a bit of spoilers for the other two episodes.

Ep12 is what we call fillers. Basically, episodes that has nothing to do with the storyline, and reveals nothing whatsoever. While ep11 at least reveals something new about Meroko's handbook and Takuto's dedication, ep12, about the Saint's Stone, can be skipped.

Ep13 has Mitsuki performing at an orphanage for a mini concert. Here though, you see a BIG glimpse of her time with Eichi. There are major differences with the manga though, but we'll ignore that until the right time comes.

Btw, ep14-15 appears to be fillers to, just a heads up. Just so Sanfan doesn't feel left out, you're not missing anything.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.22.2007, 12:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched 11 & 12 2 days ago on my work PC and wrote up some feedback on those but stupidly left the txt doc on my work PC so I won't be able to report back on these eps til Monday nite.

But basically I think 11 and 12 were both really weak eps, 12 especially so with that Saints Stone. Urgh, I feel we are in a linking phase now following the really intense character and plot building section that was eps.7 thru 10.

I suspect things will pick up again around eps.15 thru 18 (just a guess).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.22.2007, 07:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

That'll be 16 onwards, actually.

Here's a obvious clue: new job, old rival.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.22.2007, 11:07 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds good, I think you said all that needs to be said about ep.11. I fogot the interesting info about Meroko's book, hm, that was quite a big plot advance wasn't it?

The whole paparrazi thing was a good plot device but just handled badly I think. I'll comment more Monday night.

Ep.12, yeah, skip it. I'll grab ep.13 later but may not even comment if its like 12 was.

Looking forward to 16 thru 18 then

06.23.2007, 05:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Here's what I wrote about 11 & 12 last Thursday then forgot it ad left it on my work PC over the weekend:

Ep.11

Didn’t like this much. Sure the paparazzi issue was a good idea as a plot device to give some idea of the pressures pop stars face and to show that Mitsuki has got to put up with the heat if she wants to stay in the kitchen, but an ordinary persistent group of paparazzi would have sufficed rather than this rather sinister “wreck her career” type guy.

The plot went exactly as I expected, she gave him the slip, transformed back into a 12YO and he got suspicious and started following the 12YO. Now THAT was creepy. Chasing adult pop singers is fair game. Chasing 12YO girls around parks and deserted buildings at night is just perverted.

OK so the series writers want us to feel fear and tension etc but please, not this way. Not a nice episode at all. At least he won’t be back which wraps that sub-plot up and the way that happened was useful to bring Takuto and Mitsuki a little closer together.

Ep.12

Rather boring. And silly. And annoying: Old guy randomly appears, gives a magical anti-Shinigami stone to a family that just so happens to have a pair of Shinigami active in their household then equally randomly disappears again. Problem comes up. Problem is annoying. Problem gets fixed. Nuff said.

I think we are maybe going through a ‘quiet’ stretch here after the seriously important and emotionally charged set of eps that ran from 7 thru 10 maybe we’re having a little ‘main story break’ now? If so I expect things to hot up again around eps 15-18.

Just a guess.

06.25.2007, 04:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks