QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cowboy Bebop
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cowboy Bebop » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.15.04
Cowboy BebopPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lonewolf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, lots of poeple have recommended me to buy some Cowboy Bebop, but none of them have ever explianed it to me. Could somebody please tell me a little bit?

Look at me i have got a signature i can spell my own name weeeee!!!!! no i don't smoke crack, no matter what those sophmore bastards think... i'm serious, ya know? oh, the signature. right. My real name is.......

McEllen Charles Darlantan (McCD for short) what's yours?

03.17.2004, 02:52 PM Lonewolf is offline   Profile for Lonewolf Add Lonewolf to your buddy list AIM Screenname: AIM? What? YIM Screenname: godless_lonewolf
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
yeaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somebody tell me too! I saw the pre-view and woo! it looks sweet! I just wanna know the content and stuff...like why it's rated R, what are the characters like, is the plot original..all that junk..fill us in!---Sio<><

03.18.2004, 09:49 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
Ameria
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.02.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ameria Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cowboy Bebop is rated R? Maybe the movie, but I wouldn't think the show... Actually, I guess it could be. Blood, guns, nudity(not very much, actually, but one of the main characters has large boobs), action and mature themes. I don't really know that I'm the person to reveiw Cowboy Bebop, but I would reccomend it. It's easy to find reveiiws online(especially for an Anime as popular as Cowboy Bebop)

06.03.2004, 01:16 PM Ameria is offline   Profile for Ameria Add Ameria to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

actually cowboy bebop is a very good series to get your hands on ive seen all the eps and the movies and i loved the concept of it although they need to make more i hate it when something ends and there is still so many possibilities for a new bounty.lol. well the story is quite easy to follow most eps pretty much stand alone with the exception of the overall story surrounding the main char spike spiegal. it has a lot to do with his past. it's pretty much a bounty hunting crew that try to get the reward for taking sown universely known bandits (yes there is space travel) and well lots of the eps are very serious except the ones that centre around ed, the computer genius, she has some pretty crazy adventures. anyways im rambling so i really do recomend watching this show.

05.16.2006, 07:52 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well iv not seeen the show but i imagine that the premise is very similar to the manga comics. basicaly you follow a team of intergalacic bounty hunters around the solar system as they follow up leads and search for whomever has the highest bounty on there heads. you have the main guy spike speigal (whos really fun and easy to draw satisfactarily if anyone likes that) who is our cheeky, cool, kung fue hero who like bruce lee and ciggeretts. youv got the captain and chef of their ship, jet black - hes an ex cop turned bounty hunter (he got fed up with the assholes in the department), then youve got faye valentutine - the residant fem fatal, shes supposed to fancy spike (though i havnt picked up on that too much from the mangas) and she gets into some funny scrapes, then youv got their lil' computar hacking - seemingly adopted kid edd - who is very cute and funny and her dog ein - who doesnt do much. basically they run around trying to get bounty and have all sorts of misadventures but always end up hungry.
they love love love money but are all decent enough guys too, likable but greedy heros in a semi lawless capitalist society of the future.
thats a simple outline - butt like i say i havnt seen the sereis or the movie so i cant spoil any of that for you. but recomend the comic for its cool pics and fun light hearted adventures - if your into that.

05.17.2006, 07:22 AM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by micg huz
basically they run around trying to get bounty and have all sorts of misadventures but always end up hungry.

They absolutely love cup Ramen, but in the movie they get fed up with eating out of styrofoam all the time and end up chasing the biggest bounty in the universe. Literally!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

05.17.2006, 11:52 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks