QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - NARUTO, INUYASHA, AND FRUITS BASKET
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » NARUTO, INUYASHA, AND FRUITS BASKET » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.25.07
NARUTO, INUYASHA, AND FRUITS BASKETPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ya so, I like NARUTO, INUYASHA, AND F.B.

I like Kankuro and Gaara of the sand.... they are my favorite. I think to many people obssess with Sasuke...

commments, recommmendations, or just overall chat!

06.28.2007, 11:58 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must be the only one...

06.30.2007, 01:04 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Naruto, At first i hated Sasuke but now, hes okay, i don't have a favorite character

I like Fruits Basket, I haven't seen or read much of it but it's pretty good.

I use to watch Inuyasha, I still watch it just not as much as i use to

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

06.30.2007, 01:13 AM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Havent watched Fruits Basket so no comment

Inuyasha is dumb, its just another dud, mostly anything that comes over to North America is a dud, as it is just another endless show with fighting(see Dragonball Z).
Naruto - see above, i cant watch these, they just bore me to death, i want something with a story and characters ill care about.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.30.2007, 11:20 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen any Naruto, but I've heard good things, and I've got the manga.

I've heard Fruits Basket is good, but I don't know.

There is no need for Inuyasha. Nuff said.

06.30.2007, 11:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.25.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never watched Naruto but I'd like to.

I LOVE Fruits Basket.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE InuYasha. GO INUYASHA!

07.15.2007, 04:57 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My daughter is into Naruto right now but mostly because it has sexy boys in I guess...

I keep telling myself I ought to watch Fruits Basket but haven't got round to it yet.

If InuYasha is about fighting, I'll give it a miss (like Naruto - I mean any anime that runs to 220 episodes has to be inherently crap because you don't need more than 26 eps to tell the perfect story - any more is a cash cow).

The series that recently had a big effect on me (because they're just so well written, such great stories) are Kare Kano and Read or Die.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.15.2007, 05:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fruits Basket is one of my favorite shows. Be warned though. It is very angsty, though all of the characters who are angsty have good reason to be, so maybe it would be more accurate to call it sad...ish. Near the second half of the series I tear up during every episode, and I don't even know why. Mostly the show is really funny with some drama and lovable characters. I need to get around to reading the manga one of these days so as to support my economy and help get Fruits Basket closer to the top of the New York Times best sellers list.

I wouldn't touch Naruto or Inuyasha with a thirty foot pole and a hazmat suit.

Just to reiterate, FRUITS BASKET IS GREAT!!!

07.17.2007, 01:37 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sold! You know me, I love a good cry!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.17.2007, 05:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Aayame... and I am alot like HatsuHaru....... Illl do anything to prove a point!

07.20.2007, 08:02 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
My daughter is into Naruto right now but mostly because it has sexy boys in I guess...

I keep telling myself I ought to watch Fruits Basket but haven't got round to it yet.

If InuYasha is about fighting, I'll give it a miss (like Naruto - I mean any anime that runs to 220 episodes has to be inherently crap because you don't need more than 26 eps to tell the perfect story - any more is a cash cow).

The series that recently had a big effect on me (because they're just so well written, such great stories) are Kare Kano and Read or Die.

Who does She think is sexy.........???

07.20.2007, 08:03 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Alighieri
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Alighieri Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fruits Basket is my second favorite anime right behind FMA. The Manga is better. More in it. If you've only seen the anime you should really check it out. I love how it looks like a cheery sitcom story and it turns out to have a really dark twist.

I've only seen two Naruto episodes and couldn't bring myself to watch anymore. I found it to be highly overrated.

It's a shame about Inuyasha. The story really isn't bad it's just the writing that's terrible, and the consant fighting senarios get old fast.

07.20.2007, 10:55 PM Alighieri is offline   Profile for Alighieri Add Alighieri to your buddy list
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Furuba (fruist basket) is my favorite manga ever. It's become an unheathly obssesion.

I've never seen Naruto or Inyasha and I agree with Seiji about the thrity-foot pole.

quote:
Seiji
I wouldn't touch Naruto or Inuyasha with a thirty foot pole and a hazmat suit.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

07.20.2007, 11:14 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Cheshire Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Naruto's cool, never saw fruit basket, Inuyasha's special 147-148 or so, the one where we see how they met, is very well made and is a great special episode. The rest of the series is like pokemon, next to no storyline development.

08.15.2007, 11:06 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Naruto.......well, it's a show that I watched when I first got into anime.

To be fair, the first bunch of episodes are not bad at all. In the fact, the first 20 episodes would be a decent shounen anime on their own. Even after then, it is okay. There are many spots where it is obvious that it is aimed at young boys - the typical shounen heroics, the "underdog" storyline, etc.

However, there are also some well-done scenes that certainly stretch farther in terms of emotion then what you'd generally expect from a shounen series like this. Beyond that, there is also something else you rarely see in action series for kids, which is a certain sense of ambiguity. I am not kidding that someone one told me they had cried over the death of the two villains. Not because she was crazy, but because of the way the story was told. That should tell you it isn't the regular "young boys" fare you should expect.

Anyways, just my two cents. Perhaps I am partial to it because it was my introduction to the world of anime, so maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.15.2007, 11:31 PM.

08.15.2007, 11:14 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Naruto was the third Anime I started watching. Sure, it was awesome at the time, and the story was certainly interesting but when I made it to the end of the fifth series it just felt like it could go on forever. (Injecting new characters, villain has new powers) so I stopped. Having said that I have never watched a shounen anime since, possibly because I fear it will have all the stereotypical characters and plot-lines that I keep hearing about in shounen.

Other than that I've never seen Inyasha. Is Fruits Basket the one about people can't hug or something?

08.16.2007, 03:59 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fruits Basket is about a family whose descendants inherit curses or something, turning them into animals of the zodiac at times.

Haven't seen it actually, so I can't really comment.

I wouldn't touch Naruto with anything. Actually, anything with more than a hundred eps disgust me. Bleach has successfully entered that category, in case anyone's wondering.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.16.2007, 05:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
you don't need more than 26 eps to tell the perfect story - any more is a cash cow

I think I can assume you have never seen Maison Ikkoku or Kimagure Orange Road. I would definitely rethink that one..

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.16.2007, 11:24 AM.

08.16.2007, 09:55 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Cheshire Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

26 is a pretty ruff number, I agree on how no story should take 100 episodes to tell, but Death Note for instance is a very good anime, in my opinion, and it has 37 episodes.

08.16.2007, 11:00 AM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i would say that no more than 52 eps should exist, that would be maybe 2 seasons, could be stretched to 4.

something like naruto annoys me as nothing really happens in the epsiodes, you have to watch 3 in a row to be equivalent to a regular anime episode.

i agree that anything over 100 eps is wway to long, but i wouldnt cap it at 26 like saddles, i dont mind in most cases if it is a good show for them to keep going for a bit more, but dont go overboard.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.16.2007, 04:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks