QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - question for all..
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » question for all.. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
question for all..Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just curious..How many of you have seen the Animatrix and what did you think of it? I haven't seen it. Fill me in would ya?---Sio

03.31.2004, 09:53 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
Terry
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Terry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't like it. It was filled with way too much random violence. Violence is okay, but it ended turning into a BDSM fest. '

04.02.2004, 03:07 AM Terry is offline   Profile for Terry Add Terry to your buddy list
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
  ThanxsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yea..I saw a preview and that was enought violence to last me the day. Too much just isn't a good thing.----Sio

04.02.2004, 06:23 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
Sophie
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sophie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no.....i did NOT see it...but i seriously considered buying it.......0_0

04.19.2004, 06:14 PM Sophie is offline   Profile for Sophie Add Sophie to your buddy list AIM Screenname: SangoCatLady
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol hmmm i didnt think it was that violent.... i mean.. there werent any blood o_O

04.19.2004, 10:43 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

U think that is violent, u havent seen some other movies. They say Battle Royale was violent, and it is, considering that the story is about a class killing off everyone else. But even that isnt the most violent movie ive watched, and IMO, isnt as violent as they say, far from it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.26.2004, 09:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ameria
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.02.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ameria Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I havn't seen the Animatrix. Or Battle Royale, for that part. I read the book though. It was really gory. Spekking of gory, has anyone read Blade of the Immortal(and liked it)?

06.03.2004, 12:27 PM Ameria is offline   Profile for Ameria Add Ameria to your buddy list
PHILIPNORTON42
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.13.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PHILIPNORTON42 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Animatrix is good, but you will have to like the martix films first.

It's basically a collection of about 9 short films based around the matrix. Some stories are better than others, but most are pretty good. Also there are one or two who use an interesting animation style which was cool.

I'd recommend seeing the one called Ghost Story, it's probably the best on the DVD.

10.13.2004, 08:45 AM PHILIPNORTON42 is offline   Profile for PHILIPNORTON42 Add PHILIPNORTON42 to your buddy list
maleek_
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.27.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maleek_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The quality and style of the shortfilms vary quite a lot, but I think that there are some gems to be found. But at the same time there are a few short pieces that did not say anything to me. It is however - not - recomended for children to my mind.

The second reniassance part 1 & 2 is really high quality dystopian fiction. with religious undertones and class perspective. That is probably my favorites.

12.02.2004, 05:19 AM maleek_ is offline   Profile for maleek_ Add maleek_ to your buddy list
Goddess Nayru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Goddess Nayru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't like it....for my own reasons. I strongly suggest you don't watch it..

Evil Enough For You?

09.18.2005, 10:08 PM Goddess Nayru is offline   Profile for Goddess Nayru Add Goddess Nayru to your buddy list
arwen
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.01.06
  animatrix lovePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arwen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tis a shame a lot of people don't seem to like it. But I loved the original Matrix and think it has philosophical merit. The extras are great too. They pulled together a lot of really interesting animators and allowed them lateral freedom with the concept. That and I like a bit of violence now and then. x

02.01.2006, 06:57 AM arwen is offline   Profile for arwen Add arwen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  10/10Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Animatrix was very well done. Plenty different styles of anime, CG, and portrayal of ideas. Having an interest in the three films prior to watching the Animatrix would do you justice. The episode titled "Beyond" was my personal favourite.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.09.2006, 06:56 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Animatrix is great.
My favorites are "Ghost Story" and "the Second Renaissance I+II"
The violent I think shows how weak the human is.
He creates his own fall.
Of course this is my opinion ^_-

03.09.2006, 08:15 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved loved loved the one with the older girl and the younger kids messing about in the house that playes with the dimensions of their world - i though it was soooooo damnded great. and it has a cat in it! - always a plus. and the star on her face is so cool!
i rented it, i dreamt about it and i then convinced a freind to buy it so i could steal it - hee hee.
but other than that allot of them wher a lil' ropey (not so good).
but seriously rent it just for that one - i think its 'ghost story' wich a few others mentioned too - good taste guys

05.09.2006, 03:56 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by micg huz
i loved loved loved the one with the older girl and the younger kids messing about in the house that playes with the dimensions of their world ... but seriously rent it just for that one - i think its 'ghost story' wich a few others mentioned too - good taste guys

No it's "Beyond" i'm pretty sure. That one was my favourite too and I looked it up and I'm positive it's titled "Beyond". I love it!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.10.2006, 03:08 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep yep 'beyond' tiz.
love that one soooooooo much.

05.13.2006, 03:54 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that The Animatrix is awesome, beautiful, fantastic, and every other good word that you can think of!!! I'm certainly no Matrix freak, but I LOOOOVED this! My faves are Second Renaissance Parts 1 & 2, World Record and Matriculated. Detective Story is the weakest in my opinion, but I could watch Animatrix forever!!

05.14.2006, 11:31 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
U think that is violent, u havent seen some other movies. They say Battle Royale was violent, and it is, considering that the story is about a class killing off everyone else. But even that isnt the most violent movie ive watched, and IMO, isnt as violent as they say, far from it.

I know this is an old post of yours Roarkiller, but I've gotta know dude, what is the most violent movie you've seen??!! I loved Battle Royale (second one wasn't as good, no Beat Takeshi ), and I've seen some pretty nasty films in my time...me and my mate always try and find the nastiest movies we can to try and gross eachother out!!
The most violent films I've seen are probs the Guinea Pig films from Japan, what's yours??!

06.17.2006, 07:06 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Perfect Blue was a bit on the nasty side, with the rape and all that blood and language. I mean for pete's sake it was stopped at the Canada/US border at customs, took a month or two til it finally got across to the anime shop I ordered it from. Definetly not the worst I've seen but I can't think right now...

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 06.18.2006, 02:39 AM.

06.18.2006, 02:38 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ummmm, i cant really remember it, but it was tight. i mean man, it did have a bit to much violence, it was shocking some scenes, but i think that was the idea of it, to reinforce how we humans braught the war with machines upon ouselfs & how bad we treated the robots, & how stupid our many, many wars are, & our very easily brought out violent nature. but the story lines where good, especially the one with the runner, who brakes through & wakes up in the machine's human farm. it's pretty awseome & inspiring, i mean that guy was ******* strong to brake through into reality. & that one where they try to convert the robot, & in the end it's converted but all the humans die. thwm to hit me hard, made me think.

& can someone remind what happened in perfect blue?

cheers

06.18.2006, 09:44 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks