QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cowboy Bebop?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cowboy Bebop? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
neoflamee
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.19.02
  Cowboy Bebop?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by neoflamee Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, just wondering if any of you like cowboy bebop? It like that anime of the graphics and COMEDY! It's so funny at times.

--

oh yeah. Have any of you heard of the site ohmu.net? If you have heard of it, what happended to it?

08.20.2002, 12:35 PM neoflamee is offline   Profile for neoflamee Add neoflamee to your buddy list Send an Email to neoflamee Homepage of neoflamee AIM Screenname: neoflamee
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ya, i seen CB... prob among my favorites
Ed all the way!

--

not sure... it dissappeared one day, i had them link for a while too

08.20.2002, 01:05 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
neoflamee
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.19.02
  replyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by neoflamee Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

last few months ago (about 5-4) I contacted nauiscaa (one of the staff members of that site) and asked her what happend but then she never replied back.

She did reply once and said she also can't find Zifei (the founder). Ahh...that site was cool too.

Anyways, you're online in AIM now? I saw your sn in the buddy list.

08.20.2002, 01:15 PM neoflamee is offline   Profile for neoflamee Add neoflamee to your buddy list Send an Email to neoflamee Homepage of neoflamee AIM Screenname: neoflamee
UO
(/`A')/

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yup i'm on

i got zifei on my list... but never talked to him/her haha....

08.20.2002, 01:22 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Manny Calavera
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.06.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manny Calavera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cowboy Bebop has to be one of the greatest anime's ever to be created on the face of the Earth. It has everything that anyone would ever want. Humor, an awesome story, a guy with a sword, a guy with a gun. And a few good looking girls. Do you really need more?

I got through quite a few of them, but then quite a few FTP's went down that I would get stuff from and so I was sad, and couldn't get them anymore....

10.06.2002, 02:08 AM Manny Calavera is offline   Profile for Manny Calavera Add Manny Calavera to your buddy list Send an Email to Manny Calavera
UO
(/`A')/

lol, with college started, number of ftps should start to pick up again

10.06.2002, 11:36 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Manny Calavera
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.06.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manny Calavera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope so, I'm almost starved of all anime. I only get that cartoon network anime that ive seen.

It sucks not having your own money to spend. Argh....I will have to find some job soon so I can start buying some anime. As scary as that sounds.

8o Buying my own anime, now thats a scary thought.

10.07.2002, 06:28 PM Manny Calavera is offline   Profile for Manny Calavera Add Manny Calavera to your buddy list Send an Email to Manny Calavera
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Music. Don't forget about the absolutely brilliant music

01.01.2003, 10:42 AM  
EastCoreHaiste
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.25.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by EastCoreHaiste Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

With the end of that series came great dissapointment to me...i just wished that it could have went longer

cliCk?

01.25.2003, 03:28 AM EastCoreHaiste is offline   Profile for EastCoreHaiste Add EastCoreHaiste to your buddy list Homepage of EastCoreHaiste
Kagome
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.30.03
definitely a good showPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kagome Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you watch cartoon network late night they air the cowboy bebop series. There's also a mvie coming out this year something like KNockin on Heaven's Door. Its due out sometime in April, be sure to get it!

01.30.2003, 09:20 PM Kagome is offline   Profile for Kagome Add Kagome to your buddy list AIM Screenname: souraplmartiniii
Chowllama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.06.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chowllama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just read that a full length Cowboy Bebop movie is due to open in New York and L.A on April 4th, I hope it will play in other U.S cities too.

02.06.2003, 11:50 AM Chowllama is offline   Profile for Chowllama Add Chowllama to your buddy list
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

About the Movie, it is supposed to start in those two cities and will probably move to several other large cities and then to other smaller ones depending on how well it does. Anime in movie theators is one of my favorit things on this god forsaken rock, and I'm lucky to live in Chicago, which is a city that sees most anime releases. I saw Spirited Away 4 times!

02.12.2003, 03:27 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cowboy Bebop is the culmination of my series anime love, it is the best. Ever since i popped the first DVD into my PS2 i've been totally hooked to the stuff. It has everything an anime series could ever want, interesting characters, good blend of story telling and action, and a sense of noir unrivaled this side of Humpfrey Bogart. There are episodes that leave you laughing, and ones that leave you with a tear in your eye. Look at episode 20 "Pierre La Fous" for instance, it is the perfect example of story telling within a 22 minute time frame. The sequence where Ed hacks out the information about the Assassian and we are treated to one of the most stunning anime sequences of all time leaves me breathless each and every time i watch it. The Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon "On the run" inspired music blends perfectly with the sterile and sureal animation. Then move back to episode 5 (i believe) where you have one of the [other] best sequences in Anime, which has been dubbed "The Green Bird Sequence" in which Spike is thrown through a stained-glass window by his arch nemisis and has a vivid flashback as he falls to the ground. It's another Bebop example of flawless music sincipation to animation. Bebop has ruined all series anime for me, no work of anime art will ever be able to match it's wit, depth, and beauty. I've mainly focused my anime attention onto the art of the anime Feature (full length movie) due to the time and amount of money spent on them, they come out so beautifully. Miyazaki's work (mastery) in the anime feature is a perfect example of this, how many people had thier breath taken away by the River God scene in Spirited Away?

02.12.2003, 03:40 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
seb (a french ghibli_fan)
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.22.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seb (a french ghibli_fan) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hello everybody

i would just say that cowboy bebop is one of the best anime i have ever seen as it makes us come in a totaly original and fantastic universe

the pictures/animations are very pleasant
the music is excellent (and the music composer Yoko Kanno is a real professional as she can find the perfect theme to add at each specific scene)
Cowboy Bebop is also a very surprising anime (so that we cannot really tell a category for it)

other anime show the same qualities than CB :
-escaflowne (yoko kanno compose the music!!)
-lain
-saint seiya
-perfect blue
-metropolis
-dragon ball and co

and of course the ghibli movies !!

hey the movie of cowboy bebop will be released on april on usa !!
wont it?

but i dont know about any date of release of the CBmovie for france

02.22.2003, 02:12 PM seb (a french ghibli_fan) is offline   Profile for seb (a french ghibli_fan) Add seb (a french ghibli_fan) to your buddy list Send an Email to seb (a french ghibli_fan) AIM Screenname: seb holmiere YIM Screenname: seb_le_maitre
TrippleBeem
Kodama

About the Movie:
If you live in or around Chicago, it opens April 4th at the music box thearter which is somewhere on the north side. That is all.

03.01.2003, 01:14 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
I can't see the movie...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Darn! I can't see it coz it's rated R!

07.30.2003, 11:38 AM  
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a very old topic, isnt it?

The name Zifei sounds familiar. In fact, he's the webmaster of Pathea, and another site which he stopped updating.

Never watched CB.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.31.2003, 04:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Rin
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.16.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Never watched CB.

see it. it's great.

08.16.2003, 10:40 PM Rin is offline   Profile for Rin Add Rin to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rin
see it. it's great.

Can't see. No access. Nor interest. I juz find it, i dunno, cheesy? Im more of a movie type, not a series type.

And until i buy more CD-Rs, i gotta control my downloads.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 08.17.2003, 12:56 AM.

08.17.2003, 12:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Akhröne
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.29.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Akhröne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cowboy Bebop is the best anime!! Graphics and soundtrack are absolutly amazing!! And what can I say about the caracters desinging?! It's wonderfull... Spike is so charismatic... But the thing that makes this anime different is that the stories of the sessions are different but there's a link between every session...

08.29.2003, 05:00 AM Akhröne is offline   Profile for Akhröne Add Akhröne to your buddy list AIM Screenname: super roi lap1
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks