QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Classic Disney Cartoons
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Classic Disney Cartoons » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
spiritedmind92
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.08.07
  Classic Disney CartoonsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by spiritedmind92 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I miss them soooo much especially the Xmas ones but they're not on any more. I think they should still be shown cause they're good but unfortunatly i cant find them any where. DISNEY CARTOON CLASSICS ROCK lol

09.08.2007, 11:30 PM spiritedmind92 is offline   Profile for spiritedmind92 Add spiritedmind92 to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

try THIS its bound to have loads of old disney cartoons

09.09.2007, 03:15 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It depends on which Disney cartoons you're talking about. I can hardly watch Snow White, but Pinocchio and Fantasia are masterpieces.

09.09.2007, 09:38 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I totally agree about Fantasia. It is excellent. Also, the Lion King is great.

Post last edited by arren18 on 09.09.2007, 02:34 PM.

09.09.2007, 02:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I totally agree about Fantasia. It is excellent.

Yeah the original Fantasia is really magical. I especially like the bit with the pegasi, and the bit with the goldfish.

But that part with the dinosaurs .. *shudders* ... see, when I was little that used to really scare me.

My Anime List

09.09.2007, 02:42 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree. But the only Disney movies shown are lame sequels. I mean seriously, Cinderella 2?!

Gawd, think of the damamge you're doing, Disney.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.09.2007, 11:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Yeah the original Fantasia is really magical. I especially like the bit with the pegasi, and the bit with the goldfish.

The new Fantasia isn't half-bad; not as good as the original, but then it had pretty big shoes to fill. My favorite part is the brilliant "Rhapsody in Blue" segment. The caricature style is really interesting.

09.09.2007, 11:38 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i know someone who ive known to have "always hated Fantasia".. its only recently that ive discovered that the only reason was because "the brooms kept getting back up".

Post last edited by T.C. on 09.10.2007, 12:40 AM.

09.10.2007, 12:40 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I never watched Fantasia in its entirety. I really should.

Disney films tend to vary. Some are brilliant, creative, charming and deep, while others are flat, dull, cookie-cutter films that can be borderline offensive.

I guess it's because they have a very large and diverse group of filmmakers, and have been around for such a long time. The older films tend to have more shockingly sexist themes, but I suppose that it was normal at the time.

09.10.2007, 12:54 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka The older films tend to have more shockingly sexist themes, but I suppose that it was normal at the time.
Definitely. Disneys earlier movies were animals of their time and pandered to the (conservative) social ideals of their day with weak helpless heroines and dashing combatitive heroes. In the post-war era this was the material people wanted to see. You can't have a family-oriented animation studio who want to make big bucks rock the boat at all. Not in the MacCarthy and Kennedy eras.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.10.2007, 03:31 AM.

09.10.2007, 03:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ye, now we're plugging environmentalist notions to six year olds with dancing penguins. not sure if thats better...

Post last edited by T.C. on 09.10.2007, 07:50 AM.

09.10.2007, 07:47 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, plugging any green issue has to be good, right?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.10.2007, 07:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

i guess, but i just distinctly remember in the cinema when the film suddenly went from fun family movie to ....something else. ...left me a bit sour, haha. Just my opinion though.

09.10.2007, 07:57 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well Disney has always been very skilled at jumping onto bandwagons and so on. I've not seen any recent Disneys so I can't comment - maybe it was an intentional mood swing?

09.10.2007, 09:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

on a more positive note... when younger i did enjoy alot of disney, most of which i still have on video in a cupboard somewhere. a stand-out from my childhood would have to be 'The Sword in the Stone'.

09.11.2007, 02:27 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
on a more positive note... when younger i did enjoy alot of disney, most of which i still have on video in a cupboard somewhere. a stand-out from my childhood would have to be 'The Sword in the Stone'.

is that the one where no one can pull the sword from the stone until that boy comes along and takes it out, which means he becomes king or something?¿

09.11.2007, 07:25 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

exactly, its based bits of the english Aurthur legend obviously.
There is a great bit at the end where Merlin and a witch have a magical fight and turn into all kinds of animals and such.

09.11.2007, 07:57 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I agree, The Sword In The Stone was a favourite of mine too. I particularly loved that scene.

09.11.2007, 12:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite is bambi and has always been.
I love fantasia aswell.
It sued to scare me when he conjurde those huge waves against the rocks. Oh, and the brooms.. scary.

09.11.2007, 04:43 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Orphic Okapi
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Well, plugging any green issue has to be good, right?

Not when it's plugged into a movie as horrifying as Happy Feet.

*shudders*

09.11.2007, 10:57 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks