QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes yes you do. it is only like 1am where you are, the day just started, better get on that . Here i am, saying that I don't pay attention to the little things, and i have all these little details that i remember, i guess that means that i have been way to into this series.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.01.2007, 08:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
If you go to

http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:melancholy+haryhi

At the bottom of that first page is a set of episodes uploaded by user "Anime Episodes", the rest are on page 2. These are Japanese with English subs (very good ones) and numbered in broadcast order.

Thanks bunches Saddles. I'll do a search on the word bunches when I have time to watch anime someday, pull up this link of yours and watch them.

11.01.2007, 09:00 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

did you guys hear?this bunch of japanese otakus cosplayed haruhi characters and performed a choreographed dance based on the ending credits in the middle of the street.its illeagal to dance in the street tere(!?)so they got chased by police and stuff.cool 8]

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

11.10.2007, 08:19 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is pretty funny. I have to say that this is one show where I actually watched the opening and the ending. It was literally great from cover to cover.

I finished it again last night. Best show I've seen this year, and I have watched alot of anime this year, thought it was mostly Gundams, but still. Amazing show.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.10.2007, 12:08 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

News on the second season.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.18.2008, 10:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Aww, that doesnt help... I want a timeframe!

I guess I am being greedy, I can find other things to watch in that span.

Click for Gallery^^

01.18.2008, 11:25 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started watching this now!!
After some doubt over the first episode, which id already seen most of actually, i realised how incredibly fun this is to watch.. i'm not even sure what i like about it or why its good.. it just is, i'm glad i started it. already up to episode 7 and i will have to buy the entire series once i can.. does anyone know if it has been released as a full box set yet?? it would save me searching thats all.
Also, i'm watching in the original broadcast order, is it better or worse this way??

02.20.2008, 10:47 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im thinking about watching this...is it better dubbed or raw with subs?

02.20.2008, 11:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
Also, i'm watching in the original broadcast order, is it better or worse this way??
Better. Much! Second time round, watch it again in broadcast order and you'll see new and interesting things... trust me! And third time in chronological order. Again, you'll see new and interesting things.

Harmony - better with subtitles, but then I'm biased. But no, the voice actor for Kyon, the main narrator of the series is so funny, he really is great, so stick with the Japanese.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.21.2008, 04:18 PM.

02.21.2008, 02:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

okey dokey.

02.21.2008, 05:56 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only came to appreciate the broadcast order when watching the series for a second time. The first time I'd watched it had been in chronological order. It's hard to choose between the two tbh, you get advantages and disadvantages whichever way you choose.

And yeah, definately go with Subbed on this one. For the same reason Saddles gave.

02.21.2008, 11:31 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, come on! I have to disagree. You have to watch it so it ends at ep.14! It's such a perfect ending!

02.21.2008, 12:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I wasn't even sure if this had been dubbed, guess that would give me an excuse to watch it again. This is top 3 favourite of all time, that 2nd season better get going!

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2008, 12:55 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know, I can't wait either

I've personally not seen the Dubbed version but I did know it was being planned at some point. I'm pretty sure it's still in the planning stages at the moment. I recall that some company had bought the license to Dub it, but hadn't begun yet?

Post last edited by Atradius on 02.21.2008, 01:00 PM.

02.21.2008, 12:58 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Oh well there you go, no dub yet. It is much easier to screen cap a show if it is in English. It is a pain in the rear to do it for subbed versions.

It still would be interesting, if they butcher the music episode, expect threatening letter....

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2008, 12:59 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Screw the music episode, it's the Movie episode they shouldn't touch.

02.21.2008, 01:01 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I actually didnt like the movie episode, I felt bad whenever i watched it. I dont know why.... Anyways, music episode is one of my fav episodes of all time, i watched the series 3 time through just to get to that ep, twas amazing.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2008, 01:03 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

You just can't argue with the Mikuru Beeeeeeeeaaaammm!!!!!!

Post last edited by Atradius on 02.21.2008, 01:07 PM.

02.21.2008, 01:07 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Thats true, but...... I guess due to all the physically abuse that she takes throughout the show I feel bad for her getting strung up again by Haruhi. I still vote music ep though, you just cant go wrong with bunny costume and guitar, I wish they did 2 full songs as opposed to only 1 and a bit.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2008, 01:10 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

One of my friends has one of the Voice albums from Japan, so I actually have those two tracks on My computer. The first one is my personal favourite, I'm not sure what the official title is, but I have it written down as "God Bless" by ENOZ.

I want the Movie theme music as my mobile ringtone. Like Konota from Lucky Star. Run run run run, mikuru run-run.

02.21.2008, 01:15 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks