QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well to me so far, it has been plenty interesting in order. I enjoy it very much.

And second season!? Wow, I'm already getting in line for that.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.23.2007, 03:17 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes! I've been waiting for that for a while ^_^

10.23.2007, 07:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ep 12 was the best ep of anime I've seen this year. I'm going GIF and sig crazy on that.

wow I'm hooked on this show.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.23.2007, 09:22 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh YEAH! The pretty light show episode.

Make me a sig for that while you're going crazy?

10.23.2007, 09:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

no problem, i'll have to do it tomorrow cause i have to do some reading, and then after school and possibly curling, it is standing to be a guitar Haruhi sig.

I think i am doing anywhere between 5-10 gifs on it, i want one to replace poor Luna there. I'll do a bunch of stuff with this ep.

Man, new favourite show right here.

I am off to bed, good night everyone, peace out.

EDIT: I have 22 potential avatars, great episode, can't wait to make them, except i'm wating till tomorrow, way too tired right now.

Click for Gallery^^

Post last edited by Miyrru on 10.24.2007, 07:49 PM.

10.23.2007, 09:40 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well it must be a good show then 8]

10.24.2007, 11:16 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just about to watch ep.11.

I take back what I said about seeing the episodes in original broadcast order and not story-sequence order. It just seems right for the show to jump about like this, makes it more interesting. It's another one of these series that pokes fun at itself and at the bad name that anime has got in some circles. The fanservicey stuff is all treated within the story as a joke.

I think its ep.9 when Haruhi is taking dodgy photos of Miruku in the clubroom and Yuki is in there reading as usual and she keeps turning round to replace books on the shelves and the POV is from inside the bookcase looking at the room and just as Miruku's clothes come off yet again, Yuki hides her by putting a book in front of the camera.

It's just really nicely done, very well thought out and very funny.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.01.2007, 05:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ep.12, amazing. And not for the obvious reasons. The conversation at the end under the tree really affected me, very emotional, tears even. Dunno why. I found the lyrics to the song affected me strongly too. There can't possibly be a weepy ending to this story can there?

EDIT ~ a good bit later...

Finished. What a great anime. What a lovely ending. Ah, wonderful. When she was wearing a ponytail, that just made the whole thing work perfectly.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.01.2007, 08:43 AM.

11.01.2007, 07:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It does, doesn't it? Almost makes you forget that technically, the last ep was actually only ep6 chronologically. That's one of the reasons why watching it in the "right" order is just, well, not right.

And yes, Kyon is really thick not to realize the hints dropped on him. Same as in the novels, he still doesn't know why Haruhi chose him.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.01.2007, 09:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, I guess with Haruhi-Yuki-Miruku it's another take on the harem theme isn't it? But done so differently and so - well cutely too, that it seems quite fresh and new.

One to watch again in chronological order. And probably in broacast order as well.

11.01.2007, 11:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

It is phenomenal both ways, to tell the truth I really still am not sure why Haruhi chose him, but then again, I watch anime for the entertainment qualities, not the literature style underlying meanings. Great show entertainment wise, and with the wonky order, and other happenings you can deconstruct the show as well.

I love the art in it, that was one of the hooks that got me, i could be on imageready forever doing gifs, i might do so when i am bored and dodging homework.

I'm pumped that there is a second season, the first was so good, I wanted more, this is one of the shows were a sequel is justifiable, and well, Haruhi is adorable and she needs more airtime.

Click for Gallery^^

11.01.2007, 05:42 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the question is, [i]when[i/] did she start to like him? You could pull that question about for ages and never agree but thinking about it is fun.

There came a point didn't there, when she was no longer comfortable taking her clothes off in front of him. Cave scene on the island comes to mind. There was that 10 second shot of her just about to unclip her bra and she obviously thought about something... then left it on. And I watched that and thought "Oh, that's interesting. Why did she do that?"

Then again in the club room, second time around (or was it third?) she threw him out rather than him running out.

So my take is at first, and for a good while (months?) she wasn't attracted to him, then something clicked.

I wanna go watch it again and try to find that click.

11.01.2007, 05:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If someone will help me sort out the order thing, I may decide to finish this series up after over a year of hiatus.

I'd like to watch it in broadcast order. And the last one I watched was the first half of the episode where they went to the island.

11.01.2007, 06:12 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If you go to

http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:melancholy+haryhi

At the bottom of that first page is a set of episodes uploaded by user "Anime Episodes", the rest are on page 2. These are Japanese with English subs (very good ones) and numbered in broadcast order.

11.01.2007, 06:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

SPOILERS

the subtle things like that I can see, I was thinking even earlier, when he would make a comment and she would shut him out, and then start talking up again. I think it was in the 2nd episode when the seats changed, and they would have their morning chat. Or even how she didn't really talk to anyone else, like Asakura. She had some unknown reason of comfortability. It is really clear in the heater episode when she puts a coat on Kyon and the look on her face when she holds out the umbrella is adorable. I could see these little nuances through out the show, but it is really hard to pin them down into some kind of order.

Click for Gallery^^

11.01.2007, 07:09 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, yes, the second coat over his shoulders was really sweet. More so because it was a hidden clue. I confess I didn't get that one... doh!

11.01.2007, 07:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

SPOILERS
I found it interesting that Yuki put hers on him. It would almost seem that she, disregarding the fact that she isn't human, also had a thing for Kyon. I think the best part from Mikuru was when she left the room and asked Kyon if he'd take her if Haruhi ruined her for marriage, that was a cute moment. But digressing, Yuki was really interesting and occasionally annoying, but I liked her character development.

Click for Gallery^^

11.01.2007, 07:46 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't think Yuki had any emotional link to Kyon at all. I think she probably did the things she did because she needed him to be around, alive and alert to do the job she knew he would have to do when the final crunch time came.

Maybe she put her coat on him hoping he would think it had been Haruhi? An attempt at playing cupid?

She's a pure computer program, she can't have emotions.

11.01.2007, 07:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

SPOILERS
I think she did though. After her programing, she was 'air-typing' She was enjoying herself, having fun. Even the way she was when Kyon took her to the library. I liked it best when Kyon wondered if she felt lonely when she was alone. I think Kyon fostered something in her to make her a bit more emotional. Still she was rather monotone but she did change, even the joke she played in the Island episode, she has some feelings to her.

Click for Gallery^^

11.01.2007, 07:53 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, there was that. I need to get on with that rewatch.

11.01.2007, 07:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks