QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I started watching a currently airing series (it's been a while!) called Wonder Egg Priority. It's a weird one for sure, but so far in just the ways I like.

I've also been slowly getting through Katanagatari. One of the main reasons for being so slow with it is the hour-long episodes. Anyway, I'm almost halfway through and looking forward to getting further into it.

01.15.2021, 07:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, I've heard a bit of chatter about Wonder Egg Priority. It looks really well animated. Going to check that one out at some point, definitely.

I'm also really keen to watch Horimiya, been looking forward to it for a few months and it seems to be a huge hit.

My Anime List

01.15.2021, 09:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Denver885
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.18.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Denver885 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently watching these animes:
1. Black clover:
This anime is widely recognized, has quite a few hate, nonetheless many like it, the cause I really like it is because hoe the plot and man or woman develop. You should not be hasty and drop it, maintain watching, it is well worth it.
2. Boruto next era:
This anime remains getting that hate from the fandom, there may be so many reasons, fundamental ones being that Naruto turned into just wonderful and there is no way Boruto may want to top that. Any other is that Boruto's man or woman sucks real bad, he is spoiled, smug, does not have a unhappy complicated history like his father did and so forth and so forth. For me I love Boruto, so does a whole lot of humans, we hated Naruto finishing so we wanted to sense as we nevertheless are going, Boruto looks like it will be a bomb in the future, we will see.
3. Dragon Ball and One Piece anime.
Dragon Ball first rate simply ended the minute I wrote this solution, lol. One Piece is my all time favored series in order that sums it all up.
See: https://animefillerlist.net

01.18.2021, 07:50 PM Denver885 is offline   Profile for Denver885 Add Denver885 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Denver885
Welcome to the Tavern...
Black Clover from what I've seen in promo's, seems a bit on the violence side for my tastes, I'm more the coming of age, comedic type of anime, but have seen a number of the fighting anime such as Akira, Bleach, etc even Elfen Leid...

Regardless of that , again, Welcome to the Tavern...

01.18.2021, 10:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Denver885, welcome! I suppose I'd agree with husky that shounen series like One Piece and Naruto aren't typically my thing these days. I definitely have some fond memories of Dragon Ball though. It was one of the first things to get me watching anime.

01.19.2021, 05:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching these:

Little Witch Academia
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

03.22.2021, 05:37 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dad and I are rewatching Mushi-shi. Started it years ago and never finished. We'll try to get to the end this time. I love its mysterious atmosphere.

My Anime List

04.14.2021, 03:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just re-watched Whisper of the Heart yesterday

Post last edited by rompglide on 04.30.2021, 05:32 PM.

04.30.2021, 05:31 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Anyone has seen Demon Slayer the movie? it's awesome!

05.11.2021, 12:07 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
franklinwall
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.17.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by franklinwall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently watching Black clover
This anime is widely recognized, has quite a few hate, nonetheless many like it, the cause I really like it is because hoe the plot and man or woman develop. You should not be hasty and drop it, maintain watching, it is well worth it And Dragon Ball and One Piece anime. Dragon Ball first rate simply ended the minute I wrote this solution, lol. One Piece is my all time favored series in order that sums it all up.

05.17.2021, 07:01 PM franklinwall is offline   Profile for franklinwall Add franklinwall to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rompglide
Anyone has seen Demon Slayer the movie? it's awesome!

Yes, and I love it. I also watched the series on Netflix

05.21.2021, 06:41 AM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Madlax series Giving it a second go with Disc 2... We'll see if it holds my attention better with this one... Seemed too scrambled, but that may have just been me,,,

06.22.2021, 11:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

currently watching The World Ends With You: The Animation

08.17.2021, 10:00 AM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
Animediscor
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.30.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animediscor Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am watching Boruto and tokyo revnegers rn
https://www.animemedia.net/yu-yu-hakusho...-episodes-name/

quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill
I noticed a distinct lack of this around the forums, I apologised if I've missed it though. Obvious spoilers to be found.

Currently Watching: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, When They/Cicadas Cry.

I've never found any Anime actually scary but this comes pretty close. Just finished watching the second story arc, Cotton Drifting and the psychological element of it plays out really well. Not being able to tell if your speaking to someone or there twin sister with slightly a psychotic laugh is disturbing at the best of times. Wrapped up in the myth about Oyashiro-sama mystery is also good for the whole, "Who dunnit?" element.

08.30.2021, 11:13 AM Animediscor is offline   Profile for Animediscor Add Animediscor to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched two seasons of "Boku No Hero Academia" on the recommendation of two of my Granddaughters...

I am partly hearing impared but the one thing I noticed was ALL THE SCREAMING!!! Maybe just me, but it detracted from me series and maybe I had the DVD's mixed-up, but it was hard to follow and make any sense of the series...

I opened the new box of the DVDs and went in order thru them... ??

08.30.2021, 03:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I've watched some of it too. I enjoyed some parts more than others, but I did feel I was getting a bit tired of it after a while... I should at least complete the season I was on, but I don't know if I'll ever end up catching up totally.

08.31.2021, 04:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, arren...

I'm glad to see that it wasn't just me...

08.31.2021, 10:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I started from the beginning of Horimiya again (got to episode four and then forgot about it for months - you know how I do). On the face of it, it's a very typical high school romance, but I'm enjoying it a lot. The characters are appealing and there are a lot of relatable emotions, as well some very funny moments. Will do my best to finish it this time.

My Anime List

09.14.2021, 11:21 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching "Ghost Hound"... Not sure yet, to be honest, of what I am feeling about it... Watching Disc 2 now...

Episode titles like 'Brain Homunculus'; 'L.T.P.- -Long Term Potentiation' ; 'Revolution of Limbic System'; 'Syntax Error'..... might give you some idea of my confusion, lol...

==========================================

Got part way onto the 'L.T.P.' episode and just couldn't make heads nor tails of what I was watching or listening to...
gave it up...

Something about Out of Body experiences, all I could make of it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.16.2021, 08:45 PM.

09.14.2021, 06:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hyped
Hope they can actually pull it off

https://youtu.be/Yq2N-9EmedA

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.03.2021, 03:58 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks