QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished watching "Kuromukuro" Early this morning... A LOT of violence, which I don't generally care that much for, but the storyline with it occasional surprises was pretty good, IMO...

06.16.2020, 12:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It has been a few years since I last watched it, so I started watching "spice and Wolf" again last night...

06.18.2020, 11:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished watching "Spice and Wolf"...

06.27.2020, 11:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky dont you hate it when good anime like that finishes in the middle of nowhere.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.03.2020, 01:20 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the second disc of "Simoun" last night...

07.14.2020, 10:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished watching "Is it Wrong To Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon"...

07.18.2020, 01:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched an anime, apparently from China titles "Ne Zha:... A LOT of action and demon fighting and even some humor... A little hard to follow at times, but I was able to more or less keep up,,,

Saw a preview for another Chinese movie, called "The Monkey King" and from the description it
made me think of one of the first anime that I saw at the Drive-in thrater. It was called "Alakazam the Great", which I always thought of as being from an Asian fable, possibly Japanese, but more likely Chinese...

07.20.2020, 05:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're quite right. Like many, many other films, etc, it's based on Journey to the West: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alakazam_the_Great

07.20.2020, 09:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, arren... I always suspected something along these lines, but this confirms it... I was 13-14 in the back seat of the family car when I first saw "Alakazam" and a few years ago, I found a DVD and bought it for old times sake... lol

07.20.2020, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally, finally finished Koi wa Ameagari no You ni.

I actually found the ending a little anti-climactic. However, overall, it was an excellent series. It was artistically and beautifully animated, with lovely music. The characters were interesting and likeable, and the central relationship never felt uncomfortable. 8/10.

My Anime List

07.31.2020, 07:28 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started watching Suki tte Ii na yo (Say "I Love You" ). It's been on my list for years. It's a fairly typical shoujo so far, slightly more grownup than average perhaps in its themes. I don't love it but I am enjoying it, I think I'll see it through to the end.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.13.2020, 08:07 PM.

09.13.2020, 08:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Boy and the Beast"... Apparently I saw it quite a while back, but had forgotten... Still, I did enjoy it again...

10.22.2020, 05:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching ""Yawara, a Fashionable Judo Girl" series...

11.03.2020, 12:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

currently watching demon slayer

11.09.2020, 05:19 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching Katanagatari recently, but I keep having too much stuff to do, so I'm getting through it really slowly. I'm liking it so far though.

11.09.2020, 08:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just started watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

11.27.2020, 05:07 PM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the Netflix Japanese anime series:
"Erased: Flashing Before My Eyes"

A little hard to follow at times, but it was a good and interesting story...

12.06.2020, 03:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching Alice in Borderland on Netflix for a couple of days now

Post last edited by rompglide on 12.27.2020, 07:32 PM.

12.21.2020, 09:37 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Tale of Princess Kaguya

01.07.2021, 03:34 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I kept seeing these cool anime screenshots over the last few weeks, and every single time it turned out to be Akudama Drive, so I'm giving it a go. Two episodes in, it's not quite as good as I was hoping, but it's entertaining enough. Packed with absurd, completely over-the-top action. I'm intrigued enough to stick with it for a bit, though, see if it goes in an interesting direction. It reminds me a lot of the likes of Deadman Wonderland and Tokyo Ghoul.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 01.07.2021, 09:00 PM.

01.07.2021, 09:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks