QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am trying hard to get my mojo back into anime having had almost zero interest in it for a couple of years. Some highlights were the recent Shinkai films and one or two others.

Right now I'm watching "Summertime Render" which is not at all what I expected and is both compelling and quite hard to watch due to a fair bit of gore and death and so on. Not really my thing but the story is quite good. A kind of Groundhog Day with a lot of violence.

Then there is "Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway" which seemed a bit dumb initially but which I am taking to slowly. The weird thing is I am sure I've seen this before, though not as an anime. I wonder if I read the manga years ago? I'm apprehensive that it may go in a weird direction but equally it could go in a nice fluffy direction as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.30.2022, 01:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai"

I didn't realize until into ep 1 that I had seen this one long ago... general premise seems to be that if a person loses popularity, they will become invisible to others, basically disappear... interesting precept... It also has a "Groundhog Day" happening... I'm up to ep 5 now...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.10.2023, 12:46 PM.

01.02.2023, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching "Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop" (original title Cider no yô ni kotoba ga wakiagaru)...

A wonderful story that brought tears to my eyes, much like "Whisper of the Heart" does...

In what was listed as a similar movie, I also watched "A Silent Voice" and one of the main characters is a girl who happens to be deaf and first appears when introduced as a new student to her 6th grade class... (This one didn't affect as much as the '...Soda Pop' movie, but was still good...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.05.2023, 11:20 PM.

01.05.2023, 07:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the 13 ep's of "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU"...

Set in a High School and some of the interaction between a number of the students and a good deal of angst involved...

01.08.2023, 12:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, both of you mentioned some things I've had my eye on!

Some people I know a little bit are fans of the Summertime Render manga and I thought it looked pretty interesting. I haven't got to it yet as I have a few things I'm meaning to watch, but I still think I would like to try it out.

I've also been wanting to watch A Silent Voice, and I saw trailers for the soda pop one but I didn't hear much else about it. Maybe I should give it a look after all.

01.08.2023, 05:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Higehiro: After Being Rejected...." this afternoon... I don't know where I read the recap on the series, but I do agree that for a coming of age storyline, it did have its 'dark points', but it held my interest throughout!!! I was going to pass oh the DVD to my Grandkids, but I think that I will cancel that idea!!! lol three of them are girls:13, 16, and 18... (Mommy and Daddy might be a bit miffed if I did)

01.10.2023, 12:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

The last two nights, I binge-watched the anime series "TO-RA-DO-RA". It's been a few years since I've seen it last, but I enjoyed it! Loved the ending that I had forgotten...

01.28.2023, 01:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the 4 episodes of "Eden"... A human girl comes alive in a world of robots. Some helpful ones, most not...

02.13.2023, 12:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Chainsaw Man a little while ago. I know there's supposed to be more coming some time soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

After that I started Lycoris Recoil since it was something I heard good things about last year. I haven't got very far into it yet though.

02.14.2023, 02:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arren, how did you find Chainsaw Man? I've seen the preview and I'm keen to give it a watch.

I recently finished watching BNA, it was pretty wholesome and an easy watch. Colours and backgrounds are gorgeous.

I'm hanging out for the Uzumaki series that's been teased for a while now.

04.28.2023, 08:15 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I really liked it! The characters are likeable (if deeply messed up), the themes are interesting, the action is exciting. There are some funny parts too, and the visuals are great. It has a bit of an edgelordy side to it but if you don't mind that, then it's worth trying!

04.29.2023, 04:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Arren, it sounds interesting, I'll definitely give it a watch! I've seen the preview a while back and thought I'd give it a go at one point, but I'd forgotten about it until I read your post.

04.30.2023, 07:12 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Dug out my old DVD "Like the Clouds, Like the Wind" and even tho The ending wasn't quite like I remembered it, it was still a good tale even tho sad at times...

06.03.2023, 09:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Recognized the title from long ago and it was too hot to sleep this morning,so I got up and watched the first four episodes of "Nuku Nuku Dash"...

And now to sleep...lol

07.03.2023, 08:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I finally finished watching the third (and surely final?) season of Mob Psycho 100. Very satisfied with how it all ended up!

07.09.2023, 04:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is a series I've heard so many good things about but have never watched. Must find a boxed CD set or something and binge on it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.09.2023, 12:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Woke up abt 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and went to Netflix... Watched Jackie Chan's "Wish Dragon"... Not a Ghibli, but still, I liked it...

And now to sleep, perchance to dream...

07.22.2023, 08:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Received my order of "Kimi No NA Wa" yesterday and watched it last night... Only minutes into the movie and I realized that I had seen it ...
before... I was enjoying the story and watched it through to its end...

This morning I looked through my DVD collection and guess what I found? The same movie!!!

Ah, Well, I'll just do as I have done in the past and donate the second copy to the local library...

07.23.2023, 08:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching an anime series on Netflix... Caught the first five episodes Monday night and went to watch ep6, but it showed that it would be available on Aug 9... After I tried shortly after midnight for the 9th, I had to wait until about 7am to view it... E7 is now going to be available tomorrow... sigh, lol Sad parts, but it is holding my interest...

In the meantime, I watched NiNoKuni again...

Edited for three spelling errors...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.09.2023, 07:39 PM.

08.09.2023, 12:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watch a short (45 min), sad little anime titled "COCOLORS"... as I said... sad.....

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.20.2023, 09:11 PM.

10.20.2023, 09:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks