QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  146  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
of course I am watching AOT. but only to get done with it, you know?

who would have thought that "final season" was a lie any way, my anime of choice this season is summertime rendering, although it does not quite reach steins;gate level (yet ?) - feels more like re:zero in real world setting.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.08.2022, 03:24 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watched a vampire in the garden. TL;DR vampire queen gets herself a pet, it does not go too well. no lesbian romance or anything, just solid friendship. if you add all the episodes up, it will be like 2.5 hours, so basically a movie.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.20.2022, 02:53 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai"... finished Ep 3...

A girl that at times, nobody else seems to see, even though she is supposed to be a celebrity...

06.18.2022, 03:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

the boys is what saves me from all the other cr?? I try to watch these days. it is season 3 and it is still as good as it was the 1st time.

06.18.2022, 10:13 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

ah wait, this is anime section. scratch that >

06.18.2022, 10:15 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
brooks5
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.28.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by brooks5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am watching right now is peaky blinders tv series with subs and the most Manliest series i ever watched. Such a great fan of thomas shelby.

07.28.2022, 06:49 AM brooks5 is offline   Profile for brooks5 Add brooks5 to your buddy list
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In the middle of Serial Experiments Lain and Cardcaptor Sakura rn. Very odd combination of shows, I'm aware.

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

07.29.2022, 06:19 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe they don't have quite the same tone, but I do think of both of those as ones that really take me back! They were both among the earliest anime I watched and I also never saw either of them in full.

I used to watch bits and pieces of the Card Captor Sakura dub on TV (now that was REALLY one of my first ever anime), and then Lain was one of the shows I would slowly watch a third of an episode at a time of on YouTube, inevitably meaning I gave up on it. I would like to properly watch Lain one of these days, and I do actually have some of the CCS manga now.

07.30.2022, 04:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Cardcaptors dub? I feel very sorry for you. Didn't they change a whole lot in that dub?

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

07.31.2022, 03:59 AM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's the one! I've also heard it's terrible, but I don't really remember it that well, lol. I was about nine or ten when it was on, and I think at that point I didn't really understand what anime was yet.

07.31.2022, 04:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

anime...? wasn't that some kind of scientific catch-all for animals???

07.31.2022, 05:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Tsurune last week. In summary, pretty boys doing kyudo (Japanese archery). It was fine, a bit paint-by-numbers though. It was made by KyoAni, so of course it looked very pretty, but the core aspects, the story, characters, were a bit lacking. I give it a 6/10.

My Anime List

08.24.2022, 12:52 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching Baki lately on Netflix.
Incredibly violent, and a bit repetitive, but I can't stop watching it.

Also was on vacation and had a flashback to watching Sailor Moon when I was very young. It brought back hugely nostalgic feelings, so I want to watch it again!

09.01.2022, 07:21 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I began rewatching Mawaru Penguindrum the other day, because it looks like a local anime festival is going to show the Penguindrum films that came out recently. It was a long time ago that I watched it, so it's fun to see it again!

09.15.2022, 12:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Started watching "The Dark Crystal", a series that is basically the prequel to "Dark Crystal" I don't know how many episodes there are, but the first Ep was about 48 minutes...

10.08.2022, 04:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
iwatchmovies
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.09.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by iwatchmovies Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching the Season 2 of Made in Abyss. It's still as crazy (in a good way) as the 1st season and the movie

10.19.2022, 08:05 PM iwatchmovies is offline   Profile for iwatchmovies Add iwatchmovies to your buddy list Homepage of iwatchmovies
arren18
Administrator

The annual anime festival has arrived! So yesterday I went to see Perfect Blue. I've seen it maybe two or three times before, but not in a cinema. The other stuff I'll see later in the week will be new to me, so I'm excited for that!

10.25.2022, 04:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched another episode of "Dark Crystal, Age of Resistance" last night...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.01.2022, 01:28 PM.

10.25.2022, 01:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I saw a few more things in the anime festival over the course of last week: Patlabor; Garden of Remembrance (a short film with live Q&A); The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes; the first of the Penguindrum compilation films.

Quite a mixture of different styles and genres. It was a lot of fun to get to see so many, including ones that are very new! The in-person festival is all done for this year, but they have an online portion as well so I might take the chance to watch some of those.

11.01.2022, 10:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

So I did get to watch some of the online festival too! I didn't find time to watch absolutely everything but I managed to get through quite a few. I saw these:
Memories
Belle
Birthday Wonderland
Josee, the Tiger and the Fish
Patlabor 2

12.01.2022, 05:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  146  147  148  149  150  151  152    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks