QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Tavern's top anime?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ghibli Tavern's top anime? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, so young, yet so cynical!

12.20.2007, 06:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But seriously. Let people pick for themselves. xP

I'd add mine, but I don't think I can put together a decent top five. Or top anything.

12.20.2007, 12:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol Seji Battling for princess tutu to get the points it deserves, Good Man! And i dont mean he's lobbying just correcting the points. That series made me happy =]

12.20.2007, 01:47 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami 3. Yu-Gi-Oh (not GX) - this series was OK, enjoyable if slightly long, over dramatised duels, cool monsters, cool characers... but a really, and I mean really crappy ending.
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion - again, I've only seen a couple of episodes but it looks good.
Please watch the rest of it. There are perilously few cute guys in it, Kaji is about the only one and you've not met him yet, he appears later, but I hope it ranks higher than Yu-Gi-Oh when you're done, although the CGF (Cute Guy Factor) of Ouran and Fruits will probably mean those two stay as your #1 and #2.

12.21.2007, 08:55 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Maho_Fushida
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami 3. Yu-Gi-Oh (not GX) - this series was OK, enjoyable if slightly long, over dramatised duels, cool monsters, cool characers... but a really, and I mean really crappy ending.
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion - again, I've only seen a couple of episodes but it looks good.
Please watch the rest of it. There are perilously few cute guys in it, Kaji is about the only one and you've not met him yet, he appears later, but I hope it ranks higher than Yu-Gi-Oh when you're done, although the CGF (Cute Guy Factor) of Ouran and Fruits will probably mean those two stay as your #1 and #2.

Oh yeah, Ouran and Furuba are stayin' right up there! And don't worry, I'm sure I'll find that NGE is twice the anime Yu-Gi-Oh ever was.

12.21.2007, 09:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Lol Seji Battling for princess tutu to get the points it deserves, Good Man! And i dont mean he's lobbying just correcting the points. That series made me happy =]

lol, just doing my part to put a smile on the prince's face.

But seriously, I love Ahiru. And I love the art and music for that show. And all of the strange anthropomorphised characters. And that there are about half a billion motifs stuffed into the characters, plot, settings, and music. And all of the juxtapositions of classic themes and plots, incorporated wonderfully into the overall story arc. Not to mention the role reversals. And the pacing, which was perfect. And Edel.

If I had to write an analysis of any anime series I've ever seen, I could probably write a longer and better one about Princess Tutu than anything else.

On to other topics then.

I need to see more of Ouran. Pretty funny series. Love the twins. I think the last one I saw was the beach episode.

Fruits Basket will always rank highly with me, though since CGF has no effect on me, it can't as easily work its way to the top of my list with things like Honey and Clover and Cowboy Bebop in the way.

12.21.2007, 06:28 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
I need to see more of Ouran. Pretty funny series. Love the twins.

Yay I love the twins too! They're so cute! You know, when I watch that series, I feel exactly like one of the girls who goes to the club. I'm messing around with some pics of the twins on photoshop right now actually. I like trying out different hair colours, eye colours etc. I think it's girl thing. heh.

12.21.2007, 06:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
I need to see more of Ouran. Pretty funny series. Love the twins.

Yay I love the twins too! They're so cute! You know, when I watch that series, I feel exactly like one of the girls who goes to the club. I'm messing around with some pics of the twins on photoshop right now actually. I like trying out different hair colours, eye colours etc. I think it's girl thing. heh.

Lol, yeah, I think you'd be right. I haven't ever done that

12.21.2007, 06:48 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

CGF can also stand for Cute Girl Factor 8]

I sometimes drop an episode of Shuffle! into Media Player for that very reason, despite it's echiness.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.21.2007, 07:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1.MAR
2.cyborg 009
3.black cat
4.inuyasha
5.air gear

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

12.22.2007, 12:56 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was wondering when you where going to get around to this Harmony, I thought youd be dying to state your favourites
Thanks heaps.

I was wondering, and perhaps i should contact Roar about this seeing as he is an administrator, wether we might be able to put the completed list in a permenant thread in the anime section like we have with the 'Ghibli News' in the Ghibli section so it would be a permenate reference for everyone for years to come.. just a suggestion though... dont know if its possible or even worthy of that but ye.

12.22.2007, 07:30 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If you edit out the trash posts, yes, good idea.

12.22.2007, 07:48 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i thought we might start a new thread, without all this voting and organising and yabbering in it, so this would die down and the result would remain for people to comment on..?

12.22.2007, 08:02 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Why don't we just take the votes we have and put them in another thread.

12.22.2007, 05:28 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

well who do i talk to about that?? Should i ask Roar to create a new thread with the list so he can make it permenanent, assuming he can do so that is?
If no one else is going to vote then we can simply take the last tally as the top ten list becasue Harmony listed animes that arent already on the list, meaning they are all under five points anyway.

12.25.2007, 07:21 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im sorry!
god,i always stuff everything up....
look,i didnt know you werent allowed anything but what was on the list.sorry again!

12.25.2007, 07:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Absolutely not Harmony, your votes are fine, as valid as anyone else's.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.26.2007, 05:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

...and thats why your one of my fave posters,saddles,your so nice!

12.26.2007, 06:46 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*blushes*

12.26.2007, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

your welcome *takes a bow*

12.26.2007, 05:58 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks