QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - manga
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » manga » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  mangaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

manga:mar omega
plot:
6 years have passed since the war games,and a boy name kai finds babbo in a fountain when running from non-lubaria bandits.lord knows how he got there...
anyway,he uses babbo to kill the bandits but cant controle him.and who should rock up to save the day but the awsmly hot,brave and smart bishie,our fave crossguard member....alviss!thank god he ditched belle...anyway,then they go to kaldea,meet dorothy,she sends em to find out about fake arm,an arm that instead of using magic power,uses life force and controle you!then they meet nanashi(who flirts with kais friend elise) and thats how far i got.

wat u reading?

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

12.16.2007, 10:01 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Manga: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e AKA For You in Full Blossom AKA Hana Kimi

Genre: School Life/Romance

Story: Three years before the story begins, Mizuki Ashiya and her family visited Japan. Upon being bored, Mizuki flicks through the channels on TV to find a handsome young boy around her age named Izumi Sano, a high jumper. When about to enter high school, Mizuki gets the help from her American friend Julia to turn her into a boy to go to the all boys academy, Ohsaka Gakuen. There she makes many friends, and even shares a room with Izumi. She must keep her secret of her gender concealed, or she will be expelled from the school.

Chapter I'm on: 135
Total Chapters in Series: 145

Ten more..^^'

12.17.2007, 04:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Manga: Fruits Basket

Genre: Teen/Comedy/Romance

Story: One Family. One curse. And the girl who will change their lives forever... (this is what it says on the books anyway lol)

One day, 15-year-old Tohru Honda stumbles upon the mysterious Sohma family, and comes to learn of the extraordinary secret that they conceal.

The mystery is only beginning to unfold: "...there are many dark secrets within the house of Sohma."

Recommended reading for animal lovers lol.

Books: 23
I Have Read: 7 of them. Only 16 to go!

12.17.2007, 05:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im reading the first Cardcaptor Sakura at the moment but will soon move back into Initial D now i have the fourth book.
The best manga i have read still remains to be Samurai Champloo even though it only had two books.

Edit: this has also reminded me i have one of the Nausicaa mangas sitting around waiting to be finished.

Post last edited by T.C. on 12.22.2007, 02:03 AM.

12.22.2007, 02:02 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got the first Berserk manga a few days ago. I kind of know the story all ready but damn, it's got me hooked. Problem is, I want some more volumes but clearly don't have the money. Second problem, there is a lack of manga being sold where I live at Uni, so If anyone could recommend a decent site that would be cool. Possibly deserving of a Chewette.

12.26.2007, 11:45 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im now reading flame of recca,which is by the same dude as mar and mar omega.
the little kid looks like alviss and joker looks like galeon at first,then nanashi at the end.
recca wants to be a ninja and gets into a deadly game of battles....NOT the war games,btw....

12.26.2007, 06:02 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mar Omega is by a different author, it changed hands...
I´m reading Hana Yori Dango, I´m up to around the thirtieth chapter, and I just finished reading Flame of Recca, Elfen Lied (Actually, I didn´t get all the way to the end of both of those, but I pretty much know what happens) and Absolute Boyfriend... Geez it´s sad...

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

12.27.2007, 09:29 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i started fruits basket today.it be confusing.

12.27.2007, 09:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
i started fruits basket today.it be confusing.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. If FB confuses you, read it again until you understand. You can't read through FB and enjoy it if you're completely lost. I should know, I'm up to volume 16. OMG I love it so much!!!!!

12.30.2007, 01:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i know!
but alas, i was reading it on onemanga.com and just as i was up to vol 2 it said it took it off cos of copywrite stuff! and i cant buy it cos of the lack of manga in this godforsaken country...
i did however buy the first two vlumes of digimon 4 and its quite good.

12.30.2007, 06:59 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got a two part manga, "Zeus" -- which is interesting.

...And the first seven or so volumes of "Love Hina"

...And an old 1971 "Lupin III" and a newer version -- both of which are very good. (The old one is more comical)

Manga is very good for Japanese practice.

I'm not reading any at the moment because they're all in a box somewhere.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

01.02.2008, 05:09 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

now i'm onto the first Hellsing, second Nausicaa and fith Initial D. Initial D was a surpirse for me becasue i gave up on the anime after one episode and im not a car enthusiast but i really enjoy the manga. I have also been glancing through my brothers Crayon Shin-chan manga which is hilarious.

01.02.2008, 05:16 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Update: I'm up to volume 16 in Fruits Basket now. Only 5 books to go! Noooooo! I don't want it to end!

01.02.2008, 06:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Just re-read it once your done thats what i do.. especially ones with complex artwork or plots where secondary readings can allow further understanding or observation of the characters.
Manga is on some levels preferable to novels for me as i can simply read one in a night, love it and as such re-read it over the next night or two whereas i can become bored with a novel quickly but only be a qaurter way through.. anyway.. just rambling... its my grandad coming out in me as i get older i think......

01.02.2008, 10:30 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

im reading fall in love like a comic.
this girl called rena is a school girl who is secretly a
a shojo manga artist, but her stories lack truth cos shes never had a boyfriend.
so when popular boy tomoya finds her manga, she askes him to be her pretend boyfriend so she can look inside the world of romance.
little does she know tomoya has real feelings for her.

btw, its funnier and better then it sounds.

01.04.2008, 10:05 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
im reading fall in love like a comic.
this girl called rena is a school girl who is secretly a
a shojo manga artist, but her stories lack truth cos shes never had a boyfriend.
so when popular boy tomoya finds her manga, she askes him to be her pretend boyfriend so she can look inside the world of romance.
little does she know tomoya has real feelings for her.

btw, its funnier and better then it sounds.

Yeah, I read the first volume of that. ^^ My sis likes it more though.

MISSING volume 2 and D.Gray-man volume 1. I want The Opposite Side of the Mirror manga! Why, why did they have to go and describe the mature content of it in bring letters on the back?! @.@ I wanna read it! >.< It's got that realistic view to it about Sunny and Lou's lives. Sunny is an unlucky prostitute with an optimistic turn on life, while Lou earns his money through drinking contests. The two meet up at a bar, and what appears to be competition turns into unexpected love. The two run away from their lives there and start anew somewhere else together, although starting again is harder than before.. I'm having an obsession with insane comedy manga and realistic ones.

My sister is reading Gakuen Alice volume 1, Magical x Miracle volumes 4 and 5, and Shiki Tsukai volume 1.

01.04.2008, 10:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

im reading "your my girl friend."
hatsune has no friends because she is unable to say anything nice out loud.
then she joins the maidens club and meets the president (and only other member) kirie.
he also has no friends due to the fact when girls get within 6 inches of him, he absolutely MUST give her a makeover, so both guys and girls are scared off and call him a creepy gay, but hes accually straight, he just doesnt tell anyone cos he likes messing with heads.

its really funny, i totally recommend it.

01.08.2008, 10:36 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
Just re-read it once your done thats what i do.. especially ones with complex artwork or plots where secondary readings can allow further understanding or observation of the characters.
Manga is on some levels preferable to novels for me as i can simply read one in a night, love it and as such re-read it over the next night or two whereas i can become bored with a novel quickly but only be a qaurter way through.. anyway.. just rambling... its my grandad coming out in me as i get older i think......

Yeah I re-read my books lots, but it's never the same once you already know what happens. And yeah I like looking through them for artwork to copy, but, you know, once you've read it once it's never the same again really.

My Anime List

01.09.2008, 12:49 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

it is for me cos i never remember what happens anyway

01.09.2008, 06:33 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I´ve started reading D.Grey-Man, it´s good. ^^

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

01.09.2008, 06:35 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks