QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Avatar the last airbender book 3 Fire
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Avatar the last airbender book 3 Fire » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Avatar the last airbender book 3 FirePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is an awsome show and if you say it's bad....you will be forced to say that it's good. The new season Book 3 Fire is just awsome. My favorite character is probobly Toph. I wish TurboNick wouldn't be such a peice of crap. Whenever I go to "Buzz" and click on Avatar Day of Black Sun Part one, and it plays part two!!! Here's TurboNick incase you havn't heard of the show it plays all of the other episodes of avatar pretty good. It will probobly put on a dumb turbonick commercial thing before the real episode starts. You'll have to wait for it to load. http://www.nick.com/turbonick/

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 12.27.2007, 08:52 PM.

12.27.2007, 08:51 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love avatar but were only up to book earth.toph rules!
i always play her in the video games.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

12.27.2007, 08:58 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ye, we get this once a week here and i catch it occasionally simply because it is one of the few animations on TV i even come close to enjoying.. i dont even think this could be classified as anime though... its created by an american childrens prgram company who hired the art out to a japanese animation team as far as i know.. but the original langauge is english and the directors, writers etc are all american.
I'd deffinately rather be watching real anime, put it that way.

12.30.2007, 04:37 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no, it's an American show through and through. Produced here, simply influenced by anime and martial arts. The creators are also very quick to mention their love for Ghibli and all of the influence it has had on them. Also largely influenced by Shinichiro Watanabe series. And FLCL, the entire staff was required to watch FLCL.

It is in my opinion one of the more sophisticated and visually impressive American cartoons to come out in recent years (foster's home being the other that comes to mind). In spite of that, I don't watch it because I don't care for it.

12.30.2007, 06:44 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok I understand you both perfectly..........NOT! HOW COULD YOU NOT CARE FOR THIS SHOW! You try making an americain anamaited show as good as it! I mean you should judge a show by it's quality not if it's made in a different country.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 06.10.2008, 09:17 AM.

12.30.2007, 03:44 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.

Are you actually suggesting that you don't watch it because it's not made in Japan? Japan has produced a lot of amazing animation, but it's made more than its share of horrifically bad animation as well. Why not judge a show based on its actual quality, rather than its country of origin?

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 12.30.2007, 05:04 PM.

12.30.2007, 05:03 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if more american shows were like this,the world would be a much happier place!
besides,the animators obviously like anime, just look at the style!

12.30.2007, 06:54 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
quote:
Originally posted by T.C.

Are you actually suggesting that you don't watch it because it's not made in Japan? Japan has produced a lot of amazing animation, but it's made more than its share of horrifically bad animation as well. Why not judge a show based on its actual quality, rather than its country of origin?

well, the short answer is yes... i know its a big generalisation but i think i would rather be watching an anime than most american or australian television shows. If there was a channel devoted entirely to japanimation i would spend far more time there than on any other channel, even with the probability of shows i disliked being aired. Also, i didnt neccesarily mean any anime.. i have my likes and dislikes.. if it actually came down to it then my only real choices of anime to watch are the late night SBS shows or from my dvd collection and i like all of these more than this particular american animation. But ye i do think that anime is better than most aus televised shows in general, especially when the source of the anime i watch is coming from my own selection. doesnt that make sense?

12.30.2007, 10:38 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

lets just agree anime rules and get back to book 3,shall we?

12.31.2007, 01:16 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry about the link. for some reason it dosn't work. Anyway, back to book three. the episode The Puppet Master is really creepy. No, Not just really creepy. Really, really, creepy. I mean what's creepier than an old lady who knows how to blood bend!

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 12.31.2007, 07:20 PM.

12.31.2007, 07:16 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The original definition of 'anime' is just a shorter term for animation

Anyway, like Orphic says, it's better to judge an animation piece by its quality, not its origin. Besides, there IS such a channel here in south-east asia, and it's called Animax. And no, it's not that great.

That said, the few times I watched Airbender, it never looked half bad. The develoment looks smooth, and the story, while sidetracking quite often, is typical of american cartoons, and putting that aside, is pretty well done.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.31.2007, 10:23 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
harmony-of-mar
Baron

its funny too.

12.31.2007, 11:15 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The original definition of 'anime' is just a shorter term for animation

Anyway, like Orphic says, it's better to judge an animation piece by its quality, not its origin. Besides, there IS such a channel here in south-east asia, and it's called Animax. And no, it's not that great.

That said, the few times I watched Airbender, it never looked half bad. The develoment looks smooth, and the story, while sidetracking quite often, is typical of american cartoons, and putting that aside, is pretty well done.

As i said, i was generalising. You're fortunate to have that kind of easy access to anime, even if its not that great.
I do watch this occassionally, your right its not bad, thats what i said, but its not something i watch religously and given the choice i would watch many other animations over it.
Clearly it's a true favourite of Mr Tall's.

01.02.2008, 10:35 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Mnemosyne
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.07.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mnemosyne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my geez, Avatar is the best show of life (as you can see in my icon)
Its different from other children programing, and its got a story to think about.
Katara is my favorite character. Case Closed.
I am a kataang shipper 'till the end. Case also Closed.
I have seen every episode, and I envy Canada and the UK for getting episodes first.

Regret is a needle
In my neck
It's slowly filling me with Poison
Spreading to my chest

-From Forsaken by Skillet

Say it Nem-OH-sen-ee.

03.07.2008, 07:54 PM Mnemosyne is offline   Profile for Mnemosyne Add Mnemosyne to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

..........................................................................................

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 06.10.2008, 09:18 AM.

06.10.2008, 08:59 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
its funny too.

Yeah there's some funny parts too. Toph and Sokka are the main jokers.

Check out my music:

08.25.2008, 10:53 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That show sucks, IMO.

08.26.2008, 12:46 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw parts of the first and second book and it was kinda cute. Sokka was great fun. ^_^

08.26.2008, 12:55 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
That show sucks, IMO.

Well, IMO your opinion sucks!!!

Check out my music:

08.26.2008, 11:34 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Tall
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
That show sucks, IMO.

Well, IMO your opinion sucks!!!

And your point is...?
We each have our own opinions, and are entitled to them. Anyhow, your opinions won't change mine.

08.26.2008, 03:54 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks