QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Avatar the last airbender book 3 Fire
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Avatar the last airbender book 3 Fire » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  ]
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And how does this have anything to do with avatar?

Check out my music:

12.29.2008, 10:48 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really...

Check out my music:

01.03.2009, 12:17 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, it doesnt have anything to do with avatar....

But this does...
news from aintitcool news:
Tha actors (for the live action film) are "said to include Noah Ringer as Aang, Nicola Peltz as Katara, Jesse McCartney as Zuko and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka."
Well, okayyyyy, then! It's finally got a cast!

...ahem, but.... Jesse McCartney? As Zuko? Seriously? ...... -I'm trying to figure out whether or not that's a bad thing.... my inner self is saying its a bad thing- .... And Jackson Rathbone as Sokka? Well...... I think I have to go away for a while and sort through what I think about this cast....

01.18.2009, 06:19 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Jesse McCartney!?!Zuko?!?

Check out my music:

01.19.2009, 12:22 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I KNOW!!
Its kinda creepy... No... really creepy...
IMVVVHO Jesse McCartney is not Zuko... Although I guess I'll have to wait a few years and then see the movie before judging!
Still.... Its reeally scarryy.

01.26.2009, 12:12 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
animekittynya
Ohmu

Soooo, then!
We've got pictures!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news...irst-look_N.htm

Woo! It's kinda interesting to see how it's gone from the cartoon medium to live action. -the kid does kinda look like Aang-

05.23.2009, 11:43 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're kidding me. Dev Patel as Zuko? I'd take any american teen any day. The Fire Nation were fashioned after the chinese, who are as fair as you can get. Dev Patel is a dark-skinned INDIAN for cryin' out loud.

You'd think they could've gotten at least the skin tone/facial distinction right. I mean, what's wrong with getting some native americans to play the water tribe? And there ought to be plenty of chinese teens out there who can play the part of any of the Fire nation, right?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.24.2009, 01:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
You're kidding me. Dev Patel as Zuko? I'd take any american teen any day. The Fire Nation were fashioned after the chinese, who are as fair as you can get. Dev Patel is a dark-skinned INDIAN for cryin' out loud. You'd think they could've gotten at least the skin tone/facial distinction right. I mean, what's wrong with getting some native americans to play the water tribe? And there ought to be plenty of chinese teens out there who can play the part of any of the Fire nation, right?

I think all auditions should be done by color bar, just to make sure all the actors have just the right skin tone.

As long as the Firebenders all look vaguely of similar race, it doesn't really matter how light or dark they are. Besides, since the Fire Nation is evil and all that, if all firebenders were Chinese someone would cry racism. I agree it would've been nice to have Native Americans play the waterbenders, but the fact is that takes place in a fantasy world. If the show took place in real world countries and the cast was the same, there would be cause for anger.

05.25.2009, 09:34 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by animekittynya
Soooo, then!
We've got pictures!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news...irst-look_N.htm

Woo! It's kinda interesting to see how it's gone from the cartoon medium to live action. -the kid does kinda look like Aang-

Yeah. That kid will look just Aang if you put an arrow on his forehead.

Check out my music:

05.26.2009, 08:19 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
animekittynya
Ohmu

I just found this suh-weet movie site for The Last Airbender. (Y'know, the live action movie of the show?)
You see the trailer first thing... It is actually pretty cool! That kid is good with the staff-thingy!

See for yourself!

08.08.2009, 08:07 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
[  «    1  2  3  4  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks