QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - fruits basket
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » fruits basket » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  fruits basket Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

since i should really stop spamming all the threads with this sacred awsmness im posting this thread to discuss it.
kyo is so funny!

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.07.2008, 01:21 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well this thread is dead.
just dont flame about how sucky my threads and posts are and ignore me,
ok?
thank you.

01.07.2008, 11:19 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haha, you didnt even give it a day before declaring it "dead".
If you don't get much response its probably becasue there was a thread or two on Fruits Basket a few months ago.. presumably before you watched the series. But Kazegami will join in i'm sure..

I watched the series a while ago.. it was ok. i liked it more back then, but that was becasue i hadnt seen many other series. I had a little trouble keeping up with the subtitles at first though, with all the random detailed inner monologues in between the spoken dialogue.. but eventually i figured out that whenever Tohru is thinking something to herself pensive music plays and that way i didnt have to pay to much attention to whether her mouth was moving while reading the subtitles.

Post last edited by T.C. on 01.07.2008, 11:28 PM.

01.07.2008, 11:22 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

accually it was several days, and im pretty sure the last furuba thread i saw was when i first joined during first term last year, but i see your being nice to me so thanks.
i got the dubbed series and its pretty damn awsm, though it does seem to be mostly filler and doesnt concentrate much on the curse as it would in a different type of anime, but mayby thats why i like it so much.
i find tohru irritating; she talks about her mum too much (i know shes dead and stuff but still) shes too... i dunno how to put it but she should definatly speak up more, and defend herself against akito in the last ep.
if some creepy anti-villian was trying to assualt me and was pulling at my hair i wouldnt be all "im glad your alive" id give him a good smack and tell him to bugger off!
shes too nice.best way i can put it.
other then that i quite like her as a character.

01.07.2008, 11:39 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ja, sorry harmony, I have a lot less time on the net now that I'm back at school, I already have homework to be thinking about doing. *sigh* But I will post here, maybe tonight, I promise k!

My Anime List

01.08.2008, 04:05 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i never accually expected anyone to post so please dont say sorry, its totally fine.
btw, akitos an evil freak.
im just sayin.

01.08.2008, 04:11 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
btw, akitos an evil freak.

Hey don't disrespect Akii! The poor guy's dying!

But he does have some serious problems. I'll give you that. And he can be kinda sadistic. But... for some weird reason... I find something to like in Akii.

My Anime List

01.08.2008, 12:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hate her mother, Ren. -.-

01.08.2008, 05:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

Ooh yeah, she really is a psycho. And that was so mean what she did to Rin. I'm only on volume 18 so I'm still wondering what that item was that Ren wanted Rin to steal... don't tell me btw. I don't think the next volume comes out 'til March. <_<

My Anime List

01.08.2008, 06:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

good god i want that manga.
curse you australia!

01.08.2008, 08:24 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

Ooh yeah, she really is a psycho. And that was so mean what she did to Rin. I'm only on volume 18 so I'm still wondering what that item was that Ren wanted Rin to steal... don't tell me btw. I don't think the next volume comes out 'til March. <_<

To tell the truth, I'm only on volume 11. >.> But I happen to know everything because I did "research" like I normally did and know everything. Don't worry, I don't remember what she did that.. I used to though. ._. And I almost killed my friend by telling her whom everyone ends up with.

It's Akito's parents faults. It's hardly ever the child's fault in these matters.

01.08.2008, 10:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

ah, but if thats true, perhaps akitos parents are like that cos there parents were like that and so fourth?
thats a pretty long line of creepy evil freaks.

01.08.2008, 10:38 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
ah, but if thats true, perhaps akitos parents are like that cos there parents were like that and so fourth?
thats a pretty long line of creepy evil freaks.

Actually, I would tell you exactly, but it might spoil something. ^^' Bout to leave, tired and have to face more hell tomorrow.. I've never had my parents help me with school, it's completely maddening! @.@

Well, first off her father was the leader beforehand, right? And then he died. Ren believes that he loved Akito more and punishes Akito. Akito is left with a big responsibility at a very young age. She's brought up as a male, for god's sake. Damn her mother! Akito became that way because of how she was raised. But she can change. She's younger than some of the members.

01.08.2008, 10:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

ok, its all her mums fault, jealous witch.

01.08.2008, 10:45 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
good god i want that manga.
curse you australia!

I believe i have seen up to at least volume 18 in Aus stores..? maybe you're just not near the right shops.. most of my manga comes from Borders.. do you have them?? Otherwise try a local library, sometimes they have manga series but they are hard to get a hold of in the order you want them.

01.09.2008, 01:59 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

bega never gets anything good!
even the chick who went on australian idol sucked...
shes working in retravision now...i buy xbox games from her.
point is, we only ever get anime or manga by acciedent and even then its only and anime update mag, like sfx.
and thats not even anime, it just does anime specials every 6 months.

01.09.2008, 02:35 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

hmm i see.. i suppose i'm lucky i live so close to the city.. you would be closer to Sydney than Melbourne yes?.. Perhaps its worth creating an account somewhere you can buy official manga/anime products over the internet.. often it's cheaper than retail prices anyway.
Ive only ever considered buying the FB manga when i found it for $12 each once..

01.09.2008, 02:45 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

ill look into that, thanks.

01.09.2008, 03:08 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kinata
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.04.08
  Search for Posts by Kinata Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They ruined the manga by doing the fruits basket anime.

Reasons:

#1: Episode 5, Kyo says the word p**s a numerous amount of times in different ways in the end part. In the manga, Kyo doesnt swear/say p**s.

02.04.2008, 02:38 PM Kinata is offline   Profile for Kinata Add Kinata to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i like the anime but seriously, tohru should relax and...i dunno.... worry about herself abit? nothings wrong with wanting stuff, the way she lived on her own was ridiculous. i hope shes not like that in the manga....

02.05.2008, 10:32 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks