QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading a bit of Honzuki no Gekokujo - it's an isekai about a book-loving girl who dies and gets reincarnated as a child of a peasant family in a world where books are rare and valuable, and even paper is far too expensive for her family to buy. She decides she'll make her own books, starting with creating her own paper.

Bit of light, easy reading.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 04.20.2020, 06:42 AM.

04.20.2020, 06:42 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ Hey, who knew a year later I'd be working for the company that publishes the above?

But yeah, recently picked up the first couple of volumes of Princess Jellyfish. Watched the anime ages ago and really loved it. The translator must have had a hell of a time with this one, it's full of so many weird references, slang, and puns. Better them than me! Anyway, really enjoy this series.

Also just read through the first chapter of Tegamibachi/Letter Bee on a whim. Interesting sort of world it sets up. Slightly reminds me of D.Gray-man, slightly of Nausicaa (that's maybe just the rather desolate environments and the giant insect monsters though). Not sure if I'll continue it. Maybe.

For anyone interested, I discovered recently that you can read a ton of Shonen Jump titles on the official website or app for a $2/month subscription. Seems like a great deal, which I think I'll take up.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 04.12.2021, 07:51 PM.

04.12.2021, 07:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
martin53
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.08.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by martin53 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nowadays I am reading solo leveling manga online and this manga story pretty good.

04.19.2021, 11:03 AM martin53 is offline   Profile for martin53 Add martin53 to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading Kaguya-sama: Love Is War

05.11.2021, 11:21 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

GIGANT Vol. 5

05.25.2021, 05:16 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Snow White with the Red Hair, Vol. 13

05.25.2021, 05:18 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Randomly picked up a volume of Yotsuba yesterday, Vol 9... She and Daddy and her friends go to see a hot air Balloon event and I read all 240 pages... (yea, yeah I know, it's NOT a novel, lol) probably start with Vol 1 soon as Vol 15 is scheduled to come out in English this September...

I enjoy reading about the things this 6-year old kid gets into... I remember from one volume where Daddy has the material set out to paint a kitchen table after he gets up from a nap (iirc) well SOMEONE decides to help Daddy and do it for him... nuff' said... I enjoy this series as it reminds me of the things that my kids and I went thru in their early years...

06.22.2021, 12:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HAHAHA, it is not entirely the antics of Yotsuba that give the humor, but the effect/reaction xccccccz that it has on the older kids and the adults around her... hahaha read 3 more volumes yesterday and probably knew this before, but Daddy works at home and is a 'Translator'...

Hmmm, now who do I know around here that works as a 'Translator'???

06.23.2021, 10:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Got the ten Volumes of "Bunny Drop" by Yumi Unita recently and started reading it today. I've finished Vol 3 and stopped... So far, I am enjoying it... Definitely not like "Yotsuba" and I understand that she will grow up in her story, but I will wait and see...

07.11.2021, 10:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished reading "Bunny Drop" and was quite surprised by the way it ended... Something I didn't see coming and also found out that the story was made into both a 'live action' and an 'Anime'. I think that I'll look and see of I can locate one or the other...

After I finished Bunny Drop, I finished a non-fiction book by George Bird Grinnel book, "The Fighting Cheyenne", copyrighted in 1915, comprised of eyewitness tales of different fights between The Cheyenne and American troops and civilians. It also contains mention of scraps with other Indian Tribes such as different nations of Sioux; Kiowa; Blackfoot; Arapaho; Apache along with both the Northern and Southern Bands of Cheyenne... Many of these witnesses, both Indian, Army and Civilian were still alive and interviewed and known to the author.

I have been interested in North American Indian cultures since I was in Jr High School... haha, even have a couple of English dictionaries in Algonquin and Lakota Sioux... Never planned to learn, just have them out of curiousity ...

hahaha, just remembered, I still have some of the books that I collected from back then, including "Black Elk Speaks"...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.14.2021, 10:20 PM.

07.14.2021, 09:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read the four volumes of "Miki Falls",Each volume is named after a different Season... Spring, Winter, Summer and Fall... A love story about Miki and Hiro, a "Deliverer"... Third time I've read it and it still holds my interest... sigh, why I rfead all four volumes in one day... Couldn't put it down...

Now I've started on a light-humored one titled "Love Hina" About a young man trying to get into Tokyo Univ (haha reminds me of "Chobits, but a lot more females in this one... Poor Keitaro can't seem to win for losing... Full of laughs at his misfortune...

Also kinda reminds me of the Girl in "Fruits Basket", lol

07.16.2021, 03:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Forgot how much 'service' there was in "Love Hina", but the series is so full of slapstick humor, mostly directed at poor Keitaro, a Tokyo U 3-time Ronin, I love the humor...

7-25-21
finished the 14 vol "Love Hina" series...

Probably going to start on one of the two "Trainman" series that I have, Each is by a different artist...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.26.2021, 02:06 AM.

07.23.2021, 01:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished the three volume set of "Train Man, Densho Otoko" by Hidenori Hara and based on the three volume set that I have started today, "Densho Otoko" by Hitori Nakano and Wataru Watanabe. It is basically the same story, but there are some differences as well as a different drawing style... I have both sets on my shelves and both are good in their own right... I recommend either one...

07.28.2021, 04:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There was a popular live action series of that story a few years ago. Have you ever seen it?

07.29.2021, 03:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I didn't know about the live action, but I am pretty sure that I have seen the anime version and enjoyed it... Was the live action you saw a TV series or a movie?

I just finished the 21 volume series of "Kane Kano" I finished vol 20 yesterday evening and had started on Vol 21, but at the park, it got too dark to continue reading, so I packed it up and came home... This afternoon I went back to the park and re-read vol 20 over and finished the 21 volumes...

I totally enjoyed the stories and emotions that emerged throughout the story with all the difFerent chracters, ONE OF MY BETTER READS!!!

And now I have finished 3 of the 8 volumes of "Chobits"... Enjoying the antics of Sumomo' the little laptop character... The one whose image is tattooed on my left upper arm...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.03.2021, 11:21 PM.

08.03.2021, 10:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Densha Otoko was a pretty big franchise in general for a while, so there probably was a movie at some point, but the one I know of is a TV series. I've never seen it myself, I just know it was quite a phenomenon at the time.

08.05.2021, 03:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HAhaha, just re-read your previous post and it answered my question before I even asked it... lol

"a popular live action series of that story"

Thank you...

08.05.2021, 10:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Now reading the "Oh My Goddess" series of Manga...

08.08.2021, 11:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

INUYASHA BY RUMIKO TAKAHASHI

08.17.2021, 09:47 AM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

been reading Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba since I've watched it on Netflix

08.19.2021, 08:13 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
[  «    ...  24  25  26  27  28  29    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks