QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no, there was Saddles!!! Gosh, how can you overlook him? Haha, just kidding... yay!

... do I say yay too much?

05.27.2008, 01:13 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

for me, Unfortunately, I cannot readily describe what would be the ideal girl for me by her physical attributes...

I have felt love (we are talking amorous love here, not family love) for so many girls and women over the years and all of them were different in their own ways.

Most were down-to-earth types, not social butterflies, although I have been acquainted with those as well, and enjoyed their company.

Appearances.... That is the hard one... The girls (I'll refer to them all as girls from this point on) were mostly brunettes with green or blue eyes, a few blondes with blue eyes. One redhead with beautiful green eyes. Mostly around my height, 5'6" (abt 168 centimeters), but the one I married was over three inches taller than I. I seemed to gravitate towards a girl that was not..?? 'skinny' shall we say. I have heard the German term 'zoftig ' used to describe a girl that had a little 'meat' on her bones, not skinny, but not fat either. I am not describing this well, but it is something that I haven't really thought about in words before. Soft, rounded curves as opposed to angular. Padding as you will...

Patsy T. , Susan S., Vicki K., Linda R. (she was slender), Esther... , Marie H., Teresa... , so many girls both when in school and beyond... If I think about it, I can remember most of them... all generally fit into this description.

Breast size was not really of any importance to me, even when I was in school. I have known girls with very small to quite large and beyond noticing the differences, it made no difference to me as far as the relationship went. Intellect was generally important... She did not have to be 'dumber' than me, but someone that I could hold a conversation with. They did not have to be submissive and in fact, I admired a little forthrightness.

Beauty... As they say, it is in the eye of the beholder and everyone is different. This is real hard, now...

The best way that I can describe it is that I never fell in love with a 'pretty face' by Hollywood standards. Sure, I admired the Carman Diaz's, Marilyn Monroes, etc of the world, but I really liked someone with features like Stockard Channing from around the 80's when she had her own TV show, I think with Swoosie Kurtz. Stockard was NOT a raving beauty in the eyes of the world, but I loved her looks and her demeanor.

Thye biggest thing, and I know that this is what Farren was trying to keep away from, for me was merely personality, personality, personality. We did not necessarily have to want to do all the same things. In fact, my ex-wife and I were into a lot of different things as well as things that we both liked.

I have tried to be as honest as I can about this and realizing that many in the Tavern are young, I have also tried to be cognizant of that fact as well.

EDIT:
I love the picture, Fen... Had to save the pic and zoom in to see that those were cats or kittens next to the girl.

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2008, 01:28 AM.

05.27.2008, 01:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}
no, there was Saddles!!! Gosh, how can you overlook him? Haha, just kidding... yay!

Oh yes...There was Saddles, wasn't there? And Arren too...hm, I guess I'm just good at overlooking things. xP

Oh yes, I love that picture too...instant fave. ^_^

Post last edited by fenkashi on 05.27.2008, 01:36 AM.

05.27.2008, 01:35 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

further on the red picture with the kittens...

It appears that the girl is about 9 or 10, stretching for 11, but don't think that old. and you can see the street lights 'thru' her body, or so it appears... Didn't notice that at first...

05.27.2008, 01:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't see street lights but I do see magical sparkles or spangles, a trail of lights like Tinkerbell leaves behind her. They start (or end) on the horizon at the right of the picture where town meets the base of the hill and come across to the left to the girl then seem to swirl round her body in a spiral downwards. Whether they are coming towards her or going away is anyone's guess.

I'd say she was about 12, even 13, her chest has some shape to it.

As to the 'ideal type' discussion that's something I keep to myself, thanks Farren

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.27.2008, 03:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Having been around my sis, daughter and other children. I also noted the shaping of the chest, but I thought that it may be just a fold of cloth from the way she is turned around. All together, body, stance, facial features, even the two young kittens, all seem to indicate a younger girl... But I may be wrong...

Anyone got an answer???

EDIT:

OK, went back to my pictures site and enlarged the picture bit by bit and I agree with Saddles after all, there appears to be a 12-13 yr old chest there and not a fold of cloth as I first imagined. the fist against the cheek gives the cheek a more rounded, juvvenile appearance. I will have to upgrade my guestimate to more like 11 thru 13, absolutely tops at 13 tho...

Again, any other impressions??? from some of the girls in here maybe?

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2008, 06:49 PM.

05.27.2008, 06:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm looking at other things now. I only just noticed she's wearing a hoodie and is just pushing the hood down off her head (or about to pull it up) - her fist isn't pressing her cheek for no reason it's a part of that movement.

Her clothing is pretty weird, that bulky belted garment looks like a workmans or an engineers tool belt sorta thing. But no tools in it...

And what the heck is left hand cat sat on? Looks like a small flying craft of some kind.

Is she a budding aviation engineer? Where's Mushka to comment when you need her?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.27.2008, 06:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

yeah, I noticed the kitten perch and the attire as well.

It kinda looks like maybe she was followwing the path of whatever was making the trail of lights or glows and it has passed behind her and she has turned to look at it...

EDIT:

Again, another look... I'm able to magnify quite a bit befoire it atarts to blur out and the things hanging down from her hips appear to be pads or protection of some sort. and the bottom of the one on her right hip looks like a goose head at the end altho I am sure that it is not... Don't know what it is...

Mushka!!! FEN!!!! Maho....

ollie, ollie oxen free!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2008, 07:13 PM.

05.27.2008, 07:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am not even going to attempt at taking apart that picture as you have done... hum... yay!

05.27.2008, 07:36 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kiki...

Do you have MSN?

I don't know if it works this way with other setups but I just right click over the pic and click save as...

then go to pictured and cgo to "open with..."
Then click "windows picture and fax viewer"

It will bring up the pic to where you can really magnify the various sections of the pic...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2008, 07:41 PM.

05.27.2008, 07:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that the girl in the picture is 12, maybe 13. She has a bust but nothing splendid and a very childish face and hairstyle. It looks to me as if shes got something a tad extra terrestrial about her, what with all the spaceships/Aircrafts in the sky, and the glowing lights surrounding her.

She also looks a little urchin-y, a traveller perhaps?

@Husky: Stop encouraging young girls to give out their msn to people they've met online tut tut. Have you never seen those rubbers that have "Say NO to strangers" written on them? They're there for a reason y'know

EDIT: Just realised rubber means something else in america 0.o

I MEANT ERASER.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 05.27.2008, 07:46 PM.

05.27.2008, 07:43 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, no no no NC, nothing like that at all...

Read the whole post...

I was tell Kiki how to click on the pic we are all talking about and giving directions on how to put it into her own picture storage and then clicking the proper buttons to bring the pic to where she can enlarge specific areas of it....

hahaha, that is NOT something that I would ever do...

EDIT:

I got the gist of it... lol Rubbers are also something that you put over your shoes in rainy weather...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2008, 09:40 PM.

05.27.2008, 07:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

I'm rubber and you're glue, bounces off me and sticks to you! HaHA! I am feeling rather childish now.
Mine just goes into paint.

05.28.2008, 01:06 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

curious... my computer has pictures, documents, videos files, etc...
When I right click a pic that I have saved and go to "open with" it gives me a number of options including the one I mentioned in my post as well as 'paint', and some others...

ah well, lol

05.28.2008, 01:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Perhaps I'll try that again then... hum...

Edit: Aha! I did it!

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 05.28.2008, 01:18 AM.

05.28.2008, 01:16 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

it takes a little playing around with it to get used to zooming in and adjusting the pic, etc... remarkable clarity up to very close before it blurs out...

EDIT:

BTW, your avatar is missing, just an 'x'...

goodnight, see ya tomorrow..... (yawn)...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.28.2008, 01:24 AM.

05.28.2008, 01:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Ah. I tried to change it earlier and was unsecucessful- perhaps O forgot to put back my original one.

05.28.2008, 10:17 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Having kept to the General Discussions thread while on my limited time here in Japan Ive missed this thead so far.

I really dont think I have an ideal as far as visuals go.
Though I do seem to like darker hair more than, for example, blonde, I know that it doesnt matter when it gets down to it.

The lady with whom I have occasionally been enjoying Tokyo together with has medium length black hair, and is actually very slim, though not too thin.
And she is really pretty. And I mean really pretty.

I mean, like Ive said, the visuals dont matter all too much and everyone is pretty when you like them, but she was an eyecatch from the beginning.

Seeing her again today after 4 days away from school was a nice moment.

05.28.2008, 10:28 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

And? And? Gah!

05.28.2008, 10:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Let's tear away from art and go back to anime for a while, okay?

It's from the newest movie series, Kara no Kyoukai, or Garden of Sinners, from the creators of Tsukihime. I just thought Shiki looked kinda comical here, compared to her usual empty and cross disposition (I'll post that if I can find a deent pic of her).

Btw, I got the novels

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.28.2008, 11:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks