QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only Yesterday is one of many Ghiblis I really should rewatch some time. I don't even remember when it was that I saw it!

Anyway, last week I watched the original Friday the 13th (yes, on Friday the 13th ) and I went to the cinema to see The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, a clever and really funny comedy starring Nicolas Cage as himself.

05.16.2022, 07:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pushing your luck, eh? lol

I haven't even heard of "Unbearable Weight..." over here yet... Checked out the promo at IMDb and it looks interesting...

05.16.2022, 10:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm gonna watch Everything Everywhere All At Once on Saturday, I'll let you all know how it is.

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

Post last edited by tonaricrilly1995 on 05.19.2022, 05:20 PM.

05.19.2022, 05:18 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tonaricrilly1995
I'm gonna watch Everything Everywhere All At Once on Saturday, I'll let you all know how it is.

We Look forward to hearing about everything "All At Once!!".... .. ah ha!

figgered it owt (my old Canadian accent ) !!!

Good ol' IMDb! There be a whole buncha eps involved here... get a BIG bottle of eye drops fer yur eyeballs... you'll need'm... lol

Have fun...

05.20.2022, 12:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I'll probably see that one of these days too!

05.20.2022, 06:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

It was a great film! I detail my thoughts here (kinda, also yes I do review films sometimes as a hobby)

https://letterboxd.com/pfpchanger/film/e...re-all-at-once/

05.21.2022, 06:27 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
arren18
Administrator

Pleased to hear you enjoyed the film! I did end up seeing it as well, and I loved it. A lot to take in, but I'm glad I managed to see it at the cinema.

05.23.2022, 06:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Whoa!!!!!

It has been decades since I saw this movie on TV , by this evening I just finished "The Neverending Story"!!! and I am still feeling the excitement of the tale... Woof!

06.04.2022, 10:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Don't usually spend this much time sitting and watching movies, but last night I watched the three "Back to the Future" series films... Got a kick out of the train scenes near the end of #3...

06.05.2022, 10:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

I watched Threads on Monday. One of the most harrowing films I've ever seen, being a film about people trying (and failing) to survive the aftermath of a nuclear war.

06.05.2022, 12:33 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
I watched Threads on Monday. One of the most harrowing films I've ever seen, being a film about people trying (and failing) to survive the aftermath of a nuclear war.

Watch "Nausicaa, Valley of the Wind", "Up on Poppy Hill" or "Spirited Away" or even better, "Whisper of the Heart" Or if those are not available, "My Neighbor Totoro" is always a cheering one for me...

06.05.2022, 04:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

i've already watched those before lol
The day before I watched Threads I watched The Cat Returns and I also watched "Clear and Present Danger" that week's Friday. Both alright films

06.09.2022, 12:13 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Croods", funny, felt sad for Grug!!! lol

06.14.2022, 01:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

The last four days, watched "Freaky Friday", both versions... (1976 and 2003) Both were good, each in its own way, but which was the best... I really think the first version...

07.20.2022, 11:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Watched "Croods", funny, felt sad for Grug!!! lol

Croods were good, but do not bother with the sequel

The movie for today: RRR

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.20.2022, 07:42 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Already watched 'Crood's 2' And I agree, had some humor, but not as good as the first...

07.20.2022, 11:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

I watched Quiz Show yesterday. Pretty good film based on the 50s quiz show scandals in America. Also watched Airplane a few weeks back

07.22.2022, 03:15 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

On my first airplane trip that I remember as a child, I was about 5 and traveling unaccompanied... This would have been a DC-4, quite likely, possibly a 3... When the engines were started, it was with a ROAR and scared the heck out of me!!! The stewardess (I was crossing Canada on a Canadian plane) comforted me and later, while in the air, I was invited up to the cockpit and (knowing now which seat the pilot/co-pilot sat) I sat on the Co-pilots lap...I'd been up there for some time while they were chatting with me and spotted something and said, "What's this?" as I reached and grabbed it!!! As it turned out, it was a cup of coffee that went into the Pilots lap!!! Now, since I was in the Co-pilots lap, we know who was flying the plane, right?

There is a distinct possibility that shortly after that flight, there was likely a directive sent out world-wide, if not just in Canada Air at the very least!

"In the interest of a safe flight, NO CHILDREN ARE TO BE PERMITTED IN THE COCKPIT AT ANY TIME THAT THE AIRCRAFT IS AIRBORNE!!!

I was told a few years later by my Mom that SHE was told of this and that is how I know that the Stewardess had just brought the coffee, so it was hot... She was also told that the plane bounced about a little...

I rode solo again a year later when flying aboard a TWA Constellation (the prop plane with three tail fins... abt 1952. flying from Canada to Long Beach...

07.22.2022, 07:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw "Pete's Dragon" again... Seen a lot of years ago, but the ending still brought a tear and a chuckle...

07.24.2022, 01:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
we know who was flying the plane, right?

the guy with two thumbs?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.27.2022, 02:26 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks