QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As I said earlier, I watched Whisper of the Heart... And even tho, I know what is going to happen, I cried at least three times... mostly with tears of happiness at the scene, one time was when Shizuku cried after Nishi read her story.. I'm a sucker for a girl crying... lol

Got Ocean Waves loaded up and will prob watch that tomorrow

10.12.2008, 03:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
It was rather nice to see. ^^

Okay, you really might consider getting help now...

10.12.2008, 06:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Nick and Norah`s Unlimited Playlist. Pretty funny indeed, reminded me of Juno a bit, same sort of humour.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.12.2008, 11:29 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:

Mind how late we stayed up and you'd understand why I speak like that. XD Remember I like psychopathic gay guys with chainsaws? Nearly wasn't as cool, or pretty, as him though. XD

Aw, the Inkheart movie. There's like a little list of movies I want to see next year. XD I think my sister will kill me if I say "I wanna see that Gackt movie! >.<". lol B-But it's Gackt. >.<

10.12.2008, 11:34 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mind how late we stayed up and you'd understand why I speak like that. XD Remember I like psychopathic gay guys with chainsaws? Nearly wasn't as cool, or pretty, as him though. XD

You think that would make people worry less about your state of mind?

10.12.2008, 01:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watched Airplane today!
Its just a really silly comedy spoof of all the disaster movies of the 70s.

Apparently they made a sequel yay!!!

Clicky

10.13.2008, 07:29 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Iron Man for the first time. It was good.
Then I watched Mononoke for the exact 9,802 time.
Yes, I kept track.

10.13.2008, 10:52 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You think that would make people worry less about your state of mind?

Uh... I'll say no. ^^ *goes and hides* I freaked out when my friend asked me if I was afraid dying. XD I walked away and wanted to scream...

Made no sense..

I need somethin' to watch. -.-

10.13.2008, 12:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Remember I like psychopathic gay guys with chainsaws?

Watch american psycho. Cristian Bale's best performance yet.
Amazing scene when he walks down the corridor with a chainsaw, completely covered in blood. And he's naked as well.

Absolutely brilliant film. A little on the hard side though, on a sexual and a violent level. But if youre up for it.
Amazing film. Bale gives the performance of his life time.

10.13.2008, 02:08 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
Remember I like psychopathic gay guys with chainsaws?

Watch american psycho. Cristian Bale's best performance yet.
Amazing scene when he walks down the corridor with a chainsaw, completely covered in blood. And he's naked as well.

Absolutely brilliant film. A little on the hard side though, on a sexual and a violent level. But if youre up for it.
Amazing film. Bale gives the performance of his life time.

SOLD. Though I could do without the nudity. XD I am disgusted by nudity, I don't know why.. o.o

Depends if mom lets me.. Maybe Katie or Emily will have it.. X3 *giggles frantically*

10.13.2008, 07:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just so you get an idea of it, heres trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFcc5B4SUy8

Its quite a heavy film. Nothing lighthearted. I dont just mean that in the happiness sense, but you really need to focus to have a chance at understanding it.
It is amazing though.
Oh, it is amazing.

10.13.2008, 07:26 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Kiki's Delivery Service again...

10.14.2008, 01:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wall-e! was fantastic!

10.14.2008, 01:29 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Wall-e! was fantastic!

YES, it was... I plan on getting the DVD...

Watched Laputa, Kiki and Porco Rosso today...

WOW!

can anyone tell me about "Inuyasha"? I see that there are a HUGE amount of serial episodes and some movies as well... Which would be the better way to go, in your opinions...? Movies or serials?

thanks

10.15.2008, 01:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Loscil
Baron

Saw Blues Brothers again. Brilliant. Very funny.

10.15.2008, 04:21 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woo blues brothers is the coolest film ever! I love the bit where they're all dancing in the church and the man whos doing impossibly high somersaults!

Clicky

10.15.2008, 02:36 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Only Yesterday...

10.18.2008, 01:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me too! Wow!

10.18.2008, 02:01 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Two foreign films recently:

First, I saw "Oldboy," which is a Korean film about a guy who is inexplicably held captive for fifteen years, and then suddenly released. I guess it could be classified as "extremist cinema," because it pretty much takes everything to the extreme. The violence is extreme, the sex is extreme. But the emotions, the tragic power, are also extreme. I'm not really sure what I thought about it yet, but it was certainly an experience.

Then I saw "4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days," which is a masterpiece. I don't know how the Academy managed to ignore this one last year, but it was an extraordinary oversight, and one they should be ashamed of. It's about life in Romania under the Communist regime, and is probably the most powerful, disturbing, and intense films I've seen in a long time.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 10.20.2008, 12:19 PM.

10.20.2008, 12:18 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Two foreign films recently:

First, I saw "Oldboy," which is a Korean film about a guy who is inexplicably held captive for fifteen years, and then suddenly released. I guess it could be classified as "extremist cinema," because it pretty much takes everything to the extreme. The violence is extreme, the sex is extreme. But the emotions, the tragic power, are also extreme. I'm not really sure what I thought about it yet, but it was certainly an experience.

Then I saw "4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days," which is a masterpiece. I don't know how the Academy managed to ignore this one last year, but it was an extraordinary oversight, and one they should be ashamed of. It's about life in Romania under the Communist regime, and is probably the most powerful, disturbing, and intense films I've seen in a long time.

I saw oldboy two days ago. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I had read the manga comics it was based on and was glad to see that the adaptation really built upon the original. There were a few changes, but they were all for the good.
I really loved the film. I didn't find the violence so extreme though. It's quite normal "hard action" fare. Like in Bourne films for example. The sex scenes themselves weren't too extreme either in their cinematography, rather than in their meaning.
I bought the other two films in theVengeance trilogy by Park Chan-Wook after that. Gonna see them soonish.

Ive heard about the romanian film, that it's brilliant. Will have to check it out.
Also saw George Washington, David Gordon Green's first film. Very nice. Wonderful slow performances, beautiful pace. Quite charming indeed.

Also saw Burn AFter reading the other day. Average.

10.20.2008, 12:28 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks