QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you want to, feel free, otherwise, it's no problem to me...

03.02.2021, 12:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Fireworks" last night... A movie with feeling, a feeling somewhat unlike what might be found in a like movie shot here in the here in the State's. It is, but it is shown differently... It helps to understand some of what is going on if you can relate it to the Japanese culture, if I am making any sense at all, lol... an emotional ending... The woman seem to come out of her depression and that was great...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.12.2021, 12:33 AM.

03.12.2021, 12:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since the two I mentioned earlier, I watched a few more Japanese films from that festival lineup. They were all pretty different from one another, but I more or less liked all of them. One called Mrs Noisy was a pleasant surprise.

03.12.2021, 05:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw "In This Corner of the World" again.. Apparently, this is the third time I've watched it. Hadn't realized that I'd seen it before until it started and I saw the main character 'Suzu'... I looked back and saw that I'd mentioned watching this 'again' back in July of 2020. A lot of heavy sadness in this movie, but some happiness. Set in the cities of Kure and Hiroshima in the 1930-1940's, including after the A-Bomb drops...

03.19.2021, 08:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Weathering With Me" and I was quite taken with the emotions of the film... A lot of running in the rain and many sad and happy parts, kept me going, it did, lol... Wishing for the sunshine...

Funny thing... I started watching it late last night and around 2am, I was too tired to continue, so I noted where I was in the film and sacked out. This morning, I got up and did my usual things and then sat down to finish the movie...

This is the funny part...
When I got up and when I started back with the movie, looking out my front window, it was all cold and heavy clouds AND THEN, while the movie was close to the end, I suddenly realized that there was sunshine and blue sky out there... Still cold, but here was the Sunshine Girl sunshine, lol...

AND THEN...

I went to the "What Movies..." topic and clicked it on to write this post and mis-clicked and ended up wa-a-a-y back on page 4!!! and a;most the first thing that I saw was a post by 'Yay, Kiki' and I thought, "HUH??" Then I looked and realized what I had done and started reading the page 4 (and then p. 5) posts and reminiscing back to 2008 and some of the members active back then:
Orphic Okapi; Chiro's Dream Boy; Loscil; Myrru; Ray15; Saddles; Toolfan; Ayami; T.C.; Frigidchill to name a few... Oh, yeah.hahaha and arren; Kazagami; and Husky were there, too!

I think that I may do that with some of the old topics and think back to those times and the different people and the different countries that they were from...

OK, enough of this, I think I'll call in an order for a 'Chorizo Plate w, refried beans and potatoes with tortillas' for my breakfast and a Chili Verde Burrito for dinner later on...

03.26.2021, 01:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

There was nothing else on TV that seemed interesting enough to watch and I saw this one movie. I had heard of it many times, but never had any interest, but tonight, I thought, what the heck... So I am now watching "Maleficent" with Angela Jolie and Elle Dakota... Shortly into the story, I recognized the old tale that it was based on, but I see now where it is different and Aurora has awakened! Now we shall see how it ends...

Well, I must say, As was said in the end, it was different from the other story... lol

04.09.2021, 01:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
There was nothing else on TV that seemed interesting enough to watch and I saw this one movie. I had heard of it many times, but never had any interest, but tonight, I thought, what the heck... So I am now watching "Maleficent" with Angela Jolie and Elle Dakota... Shortly into the story, I recognized the old tale that it was based on, but I see now where it is different and Aurora has awakened! Now we shall see how it ends...

Well, I must say, As was said in the end, it was different from the other story... lol

There's a sequel and you got to watch it too

04.16.2021, 04:48 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
ragstack
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ragstack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

did not watch any movie today, but started on a Netflix series Shadow and Bone

04.28.2021, 04:23 PM ragstack is offline   Profile for ragstack Add ragstack to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" Again, after a few decade's...

Again, it was funny and I recognized all of the movie stars that were featured in the movie... Towards the end, there was a chase filmed in Long Beach, Ca and I recognized a lot of the old landmarks like the old pontoon bridge going out to the Naval Shipyard and old "Herman the German, a massive floating crane that we captured from, or took as spoils of war, from Germany and a number of the street scenes where I walked or drove.

I went back and 'saved' many of the views of the landmarks from the film...

05.03.2021, 01:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I was going to watch "Waterworld" but was sidtracted when my game show went off, then saw the previews for a Pixar movie, got interested... "Finding Dory", figured, what the heck, so that is what I'm watching...

05.10.2021, 11:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finally watched "Waterworld"... Kevin Costner; Jeanne Tripplehorn; Tina Majorino... Seen before, but a good adventure show...

05.16.2021, 07:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went to the cinema today for the first time in nearly a year! I saw Total Recall, which I'd never seen before but it's one of several older films that are being shown to make up for the lack of new releases. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and definitely a good choice for the first thing to watch after the reopening of cinemas.

05.20.2021, 04:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Have to check it out...

Meanwhile, last night I watched "The Point"... With Ringo Starr narrating and voicing the story reading Father... (1971) It's been a long time since I've seen it...

05.20.2021, 09:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Maleficent: Mistress of Evil"... I liked the ending...

06.05.2021, 09:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Ponyo remake

it was lovely, Spoiler!, highlight to read.

a happy ending for once

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 06.14.2021, 12:11 AM.

06.14.2021, 12:11 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Went to the cinema again the other day and saw Fargo, another film I never got round to watching before. It was good, but more importantly it's just nice that going to the cinema is an option again after all this time!

06.16.2021, 10:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Last night I saw Another Round, the film that won best international film at this year's Oscars. I'd recommend it, there are a lot of funny moments and overall I enjoyed the story too.

07.19.2021, 03:17 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am currently watching a series on Netflix, The Good Doctor. It is based on the 2013 South Korean series of the same name. It's really good

08.06.2021, 04:28 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched "The Tomorrow War", really good

08.10.2021, 03:51 PM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Howl's Moving Castle today and I liked it a lot. It made me think that being old may give us physical ailments, but it also gives us an astuteness that we don't have when we were young and the wisdom of who always knows what's right.

09.01.2021, 03:58 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
[  «    ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks