QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...    »  ]
Anthropus
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.02.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Anthropus Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

09.03.2021, 06:29 PM Anthropus is offline   Profile for Anthropus Add Anthropus to your buddy list
RKaji
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.03.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by RKaji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

09.10.2021, 01:16 PM RKaji is offline   Profile for RKaji Add RKaji to your buddy list
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently Watching:

PUPARIA By Shingo Tamagawa

https://youtu.be/CWnqX41JHuM

Really interesting and beautiful animated short film.

There is a very interesting back story to the film. (this recollections is off the top of my head, I'm probably wrong about the details. Can look it up if interested)

The director, Tamagawa, was working for a big Animation studio in Japan, when he was struck with an exhaustion and an existential crisis of, "what is the purpose of this path I'm on?"

He proceeded to completely stop working. For over a year, he didn't even draw. Hard to believe for someone who worked their whole life to accomplish the dream of becoming an animator, especially in Japan of all places. He read, walked, spent time thinking, and let his unconscious mind rest and dream. One day he started working on a story that came to him.

And this is it, PUPARIA. A film made from the mind of one man.

Check it out!

- ButaPairotto

09.14.2021, 09:43 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In the past week I saw In the Mood for Love and 2046, both films by Wong Kar-wai. I'd heard about them for years and never ended up seeing them until one of the local cinemas happened to have a short season for his films. I was glad to finally get the chance!

09.23.2021, 01:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I can't believe it...

Here it is, almost 3AM and I just finished watching "Densha Otoko", the R/L version... It was Good!!! I have both of the Manga versions abd could see where some of the parts occurred in the movie... As I said, I enjoyed it... And now, Good Night... Oyasu-minasai...

09.25.2021, 05:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched in the Mood For Love last week also. Was very cool. Great framing in the movie.

09.25.2021, 06:07 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really enjoyed the visual style too! I'd like to watch some of his earlier films as well at some point.

@husky- I'm glad you got to see one of the live action versions in the end! I haven't seen any of them myself but it can be interesting to compare different adaptations of the same story.

09.25.2021, 12:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I really enjoyed the visual style too! I'd like to watch some of his earlier films as well at some point.

@husky- I'm glad you got to see one of the live action versions in the end! I haven't seen any of them myself but it can be interesting to compare different adaptations of the same story.

There's more than one live-version of Train Man???

09.25.2021, 06:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

The other day I watched The Green Knight. I was really wanting to see it at the cinema, but screenings for it are weirdly limited here and it ended up not working out. It's on Amazon Prime so at least I got to see it anyway.

Definitely a strange one! But if you like that then I think it's worth checking out.

10.04.2021, 12:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't heard of The Green Knight before. What's it about?

Dad and I watched Princess Mononoke for the first time in a few years. Watched it in Japanese for the first time. Now that I can understand most of it these days, it's interesting to make the comparison with the English dub and subtitles.

My Anime List

10.04.2021, 02:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

It's based on the story Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. There was quite a lot of hype around it since although it's a mediaeval fantasy kind of thing, it has this weird artsy direction. I think some people weren't really aware of that last part though, because the response from general audiences seems to be a bit mixed.

10.05.2021, 07:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohh I've been waiting to see the Green Knight after I read some nice reviews about it a while back. Didn't realize it was on Prime already. Will be checking out.

Wong Kar Kai films are such a throwback. Loved them.

Recently watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Can't say I will ever be a Tarentino fan but he sure is meticulous in his style of direction and the stories he tells.

10.23.2021, 05:33 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched A 1987 Steven Spielberg Movie (although I didn't know this until after) titled "Empire of thr Sun". About a spoiled British boy trying to survive in Japanese occupied, war-torn China in the early 1940's...

It was hard to follow at times. but some pretty dramatic scenes...

11.13.2021, 11:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

In the past week I got around to seeing a couple of current big films I was planning to check out. Dune and the latest James Bond. I enjoyed both! Definitely good choices for seeing in the cinema too.

11.27.2021, 05:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Dune was great. Really enjoyed the cinematography and storytelling.

11.28.2021, 04:48 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
Lupiin
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.29.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupiin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am really have interest in watch new James Bond movies

12.01.2021, 08:29 AM Lupiin is offline   Profile for Lupiin Add Lupiin to your buddy list
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

I saw two interesting movies this week.

The Green Knight and Riders of Justice.

Both very interesting and fun movies.

Riders of Justice is a Danish movie starring Mads Mikkelson, a great actor. It is a dark Dramatic- Comedy.

Green Knight is a Fantasy/ Mythological Drama. The visuals were stunning, and the lead actor, (Dev Patel) is always good.

12.14.2021, 05:43 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

The other day I watched Krampus. VERY silly Christmas horror movie. It was a lot of fun! Tonight I might watch Gremlins, an old favourite.

12.20.2021, 06:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the new Spiderman. Quite fun, usual levels of Marvel fan service.

12.24.2021, 03:41 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The other day I watched Krampus. VERY silly Christmas horror movie. It was a lot of fun! Tonight I might watch Gremlins, an old favourite.

Kinda funny, this...
The Channel 5 news has been telling the last 2 days that the most popular Christmas Movie is.... .....................................................................................................................................................................(long winded, ain't I) ...... ....................... ............................................................ ................."Gremlins"..... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.24.2021, 04:39 PM.

12.24.2021, 04:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks