QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - battle royal
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » battle royal » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  battle royalPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hii, i just found out that battle royal is on tonight at midnight for all us uk viewers its on channel 4
its the live action adaption and im not sure if its subbed or dubbed but my gess is subbed.

04.07.2008, 05:22 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If its terrestrial TV it'll be dubbed. Subtitles are never used on mainstream telly outside of arts programmes

Thanks for the heads-up though.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.07.2008, 05:33 PM.

04.07.2008, 05:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
kittycatjess
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i just had a gander online an apparently there is no dub for this film, which means we get to see it in all its origanal glory that makes me happy

04.07.2008, 05:49 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG! OMG!

I LOVE THIS FILM SO MUCH!

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME!!

Thats made my day that has.

Anyone in UK you should seriously watch it, its amazing. The storylines crazy though, and you kind of have to like violence since thats basically what its about.

04.07.2008, 05:57 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh oh nc if ya like violance ya gota watch hirugashi no naku koro ni, thats searosly messed up stuff pure awsomeness

04.07.2008, 06:01 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will! I will!

And its not that I like mindless violence, but when it is coupled with a awesome storyline...well then thats just pure magic.

And anyway in Japanese films the violence is always really cool

04.07.2008, 06:12 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

ahhh dont worry mindless violence is awsome at times but yea hirugashi is just pure genius

04.07.2008, 06:14 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Ruthless violence is the best kind though

When they kill somebody and it doesn't even bother them.

Like that really crazed guy in Battle Royal who goes there every year on purpose.

04.07.2008, 06:16 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

yeaaa its nice to meet a fellow violance fan, have ya seen the saw films, there very good i like the way he justafys the torcher traps also the twists are like....OMG WOW

04.07.2008, 06:26 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

No I haven't seen SAW! I want to though! It sounds fantastic.

Have you seen the Hannibal films? The latest particulary? Sooo good *melts into happy violence-crazed mood*

04.07.2008, 06:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

oh yea hannable is sooooo good, i love his twised evil smile in hannable rising, its just soo hot

04.07.2008, 06:36 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Yeah, it is so great...

Have you seen Pans Labyrinth? In it theres this one bit when this soldier is killing this guy with a bottle...very gory

Though other then that, that film is pretty innocent.

Espescially compared to the bit about Hannibals sister in the new film! That made me cry and feel kind of ill.

04.07.2008, 06:40 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

ohhh ill havta check that out.
yea poor misha but if ya think about it if that haddnt of happend.......thered be......no hannible

04.07.2008, 06:43 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, this is a great film, and I hope that you might take up some of it's theme's in the RPG, ie, run around with RPG's (Rocket Propelled Granades), killing each other?

04.07.2008, 07:30 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Its the first advert break!! Ahh I forgot how freaky some of it was

I like the two really crazy 'new students' guys, espescially the red head one.

I also quite like the mental girl who has that hooked-knife weapon, shes pretty hardcore.

The best ones are the ones that fight back, I dont like the ones that jump off the cliffs or hung themselves much. Giving in is bad.

It'd be so scary if that happened to you...

04.07.2008, 07:39 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's scary is how you people seem to think that the gore is what holds the movie together. Try putting aside the gore for a while, the plot and storyline is awesome.

@NC: Kiriyama doesn't go there "every year", lol. He's a volunteer; he's never been on the show before.

FYI though, in the original story, Kiriyama was never a transfer/volunteer, he was an actual student in the class. Or so I heard.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.08.2008, 11:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Oh no I know! You see I got confused with the guy who was there before and the guy who volunteered, and that came out.

I like Kiriyama Espescially when he goes blind that bit was weird.

I thought all the couples in it were really sweet, like trying to protect each other. Bless

04.08.2008, 12:43 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

omg that movie was sooooo awsomme
i bought the special edition 2-disk dvd the second it fin, allong with the book an the special 3-disk version of the second movie.
it wasnt as vilont as i thought it would be but the acting was exelent im a little confused as to why it happend in the first place tho.
i mean how is killing off 40 kids a year gona help a few mis behaving ones when it appeared that they diddnt even know about it...all well mabi the book will explain

04.08.2008, 05:03 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks