QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  694    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: glad to see the forum is back!

11.23.2022, 04:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

H/L- Quite so... The comic strip site (GoComics) that I follow daily was 'out' for about the same amount of time... I was so glad when both came back...

11.23.2022, 06:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

H/L Had a GREAT time visiting and dining with family yesterday...

11.25.2022, 11:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Logging in here after over a year and reading the posts.

LL: Putin, of course. This awful war just needs to end. I wish the western powers would go full in and just clear Ukraine of every Russian soldier and stop Putin's ability to send more missiles. I'm sick of the bad news, the suffering. Everything.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.22.2022, 01:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Good to see you again, Saddles...

I agree with you 100% on Putin... Both him and Trump need to go... IMO

Other than that, how are you and Ayami doing, overall? Well, I hope

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.22.2022, 05:47 PM.

12.22.2022, 05:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey Saddles, it's been a while! It certainly feels like a long time since I last saw you post here.

12.22.2022, 06:16 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL: I've seen Skovgard visiting a couple of times... no posting, tho...

12.22.2022, 07:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, over a year. I checked a few threads and it looks like the oldest I hadn't seen before were about May 2021!

Ayami is doing good. She's 28 now and graduated with a 1st for her engineering degree. She is now the lead design on some of the aero parts for the 2026 season (planning well ahead!).

I *think* she has a special someone in her life now but its early days as she is cagey about that. She's coming to visit on Xmas Eve and Day so we might have a natter about that.

I am still enjoying retirement and indulging in my hobbies.

After literally years without watching any anime I started a few series recently but I find it hard to maintain my interest in anything unless it 100% grabs me in subject, content and style. I think the last films I watched were "Your Name", "Fireworks", "Weathering With You" and "Hello World".

I just watched "Horimiya" - well most of it, I skipped thru a few episodes - it was nice; had a go at watching "Sonny Boy" but gave up after a couple of eps (too weird). I tried "Violet Evergarden" but it was too gritty and emo... Right now I'm watching "Summertime Render" which is not what I expected and is quite good and "Higehiro" which I think I'll give up on!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.23.2022, 07:38 AM.

12.22.2022, 07:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

My oldest child, my daughter (littlelassie) turns 48 on the 23rd of Dec. She has remarried and is quite happy and teachs English to young children in Saudi Arabia. (She had her class wish me a Happy Birthday thru WhatsApp on her phone. It was cool, deeing them and hearing all their voices) My oldest Grandson over there just entered a marriage contract with his bride on Dec 1... And my three oldest Granddaughters over there have University Degrees and are continuing their studies..........

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.23.2022, 05:19 AM.

12.23.2022, 05:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I delivered a university lecture for the first time! I was really nervous about it but I think it went well, and the students seemed interested even if they were a bit too shy to speak up in the discussion section. Hopefully I'll get to do stuff like this more often!

01.26.2023, 08:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

If I may, what was the subject?

01.26.2023, 11:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

It was for a course on Japanese literature that my supervisor is organising. I did a presentation about the Heian Period.

01.26.2023, 04:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I weas reading "The Complete Works" and in the last day or two, I remember reading something about one of the movies having some connection with the Heian Period... somewhere around 700-800AD- to around 1200AD, wasn't it??

One thing I'll say about the book... A LOT of the printing is very small isn't it, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.26.2023, 05:03 PM.

01.26.2023, 05:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yep, Princess Kaguya is based on an old story from that time! I actually mentioned the source material during the lecture today.

01.26.2023, 07:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, I looked it up in the book later...

01.27.2023, 03:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: So, over the past six months, I've been making a musical. Partly the reason I've been absent for a while. Anyway, the curtain finally went up this weekend and the reception's been amazing! We pretty much filled the theatre on both days and the feedback from the audiences has been very positive. It's a miracle this thing got off the ground. We had little time, little money, and few people, but we worked our butts off and made it happen somehow. I'm really proud and thankful to everyone involved. Three more days to go!

My Anime List

04.16.2023, 07:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Bravo!!!

Good to see you again...

When a few days have gone by and you've had a chance to relax a bit, tell us more... Please...

04.16.2023, 11:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Very exciting! I'm glad to hear your hard work paid off!

04.16.2023, 05:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys

I heard the last three performances are virtually sold out. I'm not sure what, but it seems like we did something right. In the beginning, they kept telling us how hard it would be to get enough people, but... here we are.

HL/LL: house-hunting. I'm excited to be moving into a new place, but the whole process is a bit nerve-wracking. So much to do and very little time. @_@

My Anime List

04.19.2023, 12:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Oh yeah, I don't envy you having to deal with that, especially in Japan. Will you continue to be in the same area?

04.19.2023, 12:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  694    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks