QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Thanks arren! That's good to hear. It looks like a pretty area, and I'm just a short walk away from the beach, so that's nice too. And yeah, Kobe will be my nearest big city. I really like the idea of living in Kobe, it seems lovely.

LL: my flight got cancelled, UGH.

HL: I got a new one - cheaper! It's a bit longer too, unfortunately, but nothing disastrous.

Glad for that...

03.26.2022, 04:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I got a new full time job after moving to Europe 6 months ago. So that's a relief money wise.

LL: It seems pretty stressful and I have to do it in English and Spanish (Which I can speak conversationally, my family speaks it, but haven't really used it since I was a younger) but I don't feel confident that I'll be able to deal with complicated situations that pop up in Spanish... I know I'll get through it, but it's nerve wracking in the beginning!

03.27.2022, 04:55 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's exciting! Good luck with the new job Buta!

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Thanks arren! That's good to hear. It looks like a pretty area, and I'm just a short walk away from the beach, so that's nice too. And yeah, Kobe will be my nearest big city. I really like the idea of living in Kobe, it seems lovely.

LL: my flight got cancelled, UGH.

HL: I got a new one - cheaper! It's a bit longer too, unfortunately, but nothing disastrous.

Ahh I spent a lot of time in Kobe (especially in the anime merch shops lol). I actually had my flights cancelled repeatedly when I was leaving Japan, so I hope you have a more straightforward experience with that!

03.27.2022, 05:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Interesting highlight... Three of my Granddaughters are coming over with Mommy two days next week during their Spring (what used to be called Easter) Break, to do some house cleaning...

I;m sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that my new neighbor raises Andalusian horses and has 10-12 horses in the field across the short fence between my yard and their pasture... So short, they reach across and graze in my yard... and two other horses from my other neighbor actually graze IN my yard occasionally...

But I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with their desire to visit my house, lol, but I will have plenty of carrots on hand as snacks for both the girls and the horses...

I remember when the two oldest would come visit as babies of 2 and 3
and as soon as they came in the door, I heard "Totoro, Grandpa, Totoro!!!" Wanting to watch my Totoro DVD...

04.03.2022, 01:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a lovely time Husky! I hope you all have fun together!

04.03.2022, 03:43 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's nice that you're going to get to see your grandkids! Have fun

04.03.2022, 04:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Oops, at some point I accidentally took this whole thread away when I meant to delete a spam post! Not sure when I did that, but sorry to anyone who was looking for it in the last few days!

04.14.2022, 11:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

The girls (and their Mom) did a lot of work while they were here and went thru 2 bags of carrots feeding the horses. I had to caution the girls to not approach the 2 in my yard unexpectedly from the rear, startling them... but all the horses were well-behaved...

I will be seeing them all again on Sunday for dinner... the family, not the horses, lol...

04.14.2022, 11:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Slowly getting organised for the big move next month...

LL: My head is so full of stuff @_@ Not been sleeping too well this week.

My Anime List

04.19.2022, 03:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

When I was in the Navy, I occasionally had trouble getting to sleep, and on top of that, when Reveille was called, I had to struggle with the other guys in the barracks to get a shower stall...

I started doing this: Lying in the most comfortable, I would start thinking about my feet, totally relaxing them and slowly moving up my body, relaxing up to my neck, then visualizing a small cloud in the middle of my head, slowly expanding the cloud until it completely engulfed my head... With some practice, by this point, I fell asleep...

In order to try and wake up prior to all the others (obviously I couldn't use an alarm clock).. What I did was... As I was relaxing my body, bit-by-bit, I would think: You will wake up at 6:45am, wide-eyed and fully alert.. and continuing with the relaxing process, again repeating these words in my mind... It got to the point where it worked!!! Only took 2 or 3 weeks and it worked better and better as time went on... It still works well for me even now... I would sometimes also add, say, it was important that I remembered something (either to do or just remember) when I woke up and that still works as well..

I don't know what route you will take, but if you should pass over California, gimme a WAVE, eh! Have fun!

I realize that this might not help right now, but if it helps in the future... either the relaxation method or repeatedly counting slowly down from 100... If I get to 20-30 and I still feel too awake, I start over...

Good luck and sleep tight...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2022, 10:49 PM.

04.19.2022, 10:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight for me on Friday was meeting a famous author/poet. Won't say his name due to privacy concerns but yoi'd be surpised who it was.

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

05.01.2022, 06:21 AM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by tonaricrilly1995
Highlight for me on Friday was meeting a famous author/poet. Won't say his name due to privacy concerns but yoi'd be surpised who it was.

A poet, you've met
And now you're set
Words put together,
Now go to the Met!

(Metropolitan Opera House in NY) lol

05.01.2022, 10:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Husky that sounds like a really great way to get yourself to go to sleep. It's definitely meditation like. I do that when I just sit with my eyes closed and scan my body like that to relax, then I just focus on my breath for a bit. I can then have a little talk with myself about whatever is going on inside me and usually feel very relaxed and renewed.

05.08.2022, 01:41 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

05.09.2022, 03:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I applied to a translation summer school programme a little while ago, and I just got accepted! It'll just be a remote programme for one week in July, but after not really having classes for a while, I'm looking forward to it!

05.11.2022, 01:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

a 'programme', eh... Do they have one in English???

(I'm sorry, but resisting was not in the program... )

Glad for you...

05.11.2022, 09:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Congrats Arren! So you are in the program to learn translation? Or to teach it?

05.12.2022, 02:04 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Learning! It's all on literary translation (not quite what I usually do, so the extra experience would be helpful) with individual workshops for different languages.

05.12.2022, 04:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I finally got to visit the Ghibli Museum earlier this month after having to cancel going back in 2020. It's very cute! I really like Mitaka in general and the park it's located in is lovely. We could have spent hours in the park alone. haha I also got to try the Totoro cream puffs.

I have a very sweet and caring partner now! He told me when we live together in the future I can deck our house out in Ghibli stuff because he wants to too.

05.25.2022, 06:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LTNS, but happy as hell to see you...

Looks like you've got TWO HL's--- You got to see the Museum/plus the
Totoro cream puffs...

AND

You've got you a caring Partner (have to take your word on the
sweetness) lol... N0 Pickles, eh?

Happy for you!!!

05.25.2022, 10:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks