QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sigh, not a lot you can do in a situation like that, but hope and pray for the best... At least the voucher is a point in the right direction towards getting the vaccine... Too bad you don't have a flying broom, like Kiki... eh...

As for your supervisor, again, not much that can be done to change their mind, just hang in there, >

I can't give a lot of advice, because of never having been in your situation, (remember, I'm the old one, still carving the wheels for my car out of granite rock lol) but if it helps you to talk about it, feel free to cut loose... I WILL listen...

Hang in there, FFF

07.14.2021, 02:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ugh, it's got to suck working with an anti-vaxxer. I read about some crazy company in Japan that basically told all its employees to quit if they got vaccinated. Thankfully it's just a small, loud minority that are like this.

HL: first haircut in a year and a half. I enjoyed the chance to grow it out, but it was getting too much in the summer heat.

My Anime List

07.30.2021, 09:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:

Yes, and it doesn't help when you have anti-vaxxers in your own family... I fear for the Grandkids involved, but there is nothing that I can do about it if I want to be able to continue my relationship with the kids... Sucks!
Well, I don't know how it will work our, but both of them have well paying jobs working for Federal serving company's... And it seems that the Feds are going to require Vax or possible weekly testing or they could lose their positions... I'm happy, but sad at the same time...

HAHAHA, I have a memory of getting my hair cut a few years after I left the Navy... It was down to my shoulders and, working as a vehicle mechanic, it kept getting caught in the creeper wheels when rolling beneath a truck, etc. I tried to just put it in a bun at work, but didn't like the feel while lying on my back... Enjoy the COOL-ness...

07.30.2021, 12:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Related highlight: at long last, I got my second dose!

07.30.2021, 02:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

07.30.2021, 09:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I have some downtime from work, and my sister + family are up visiting for the first time in a couple of years.

My Anime List

08.06.2021, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seeing a really good friend after 5 years

08.06.2021, 04:30 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: I have some downtime from work, and my sister + family are up visiting for the first time in a couple of years.

:

quote:
Originally posted by rompglide

Seeing a really good friend after 5 years
:

08.06.2021, 10:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I submitted my dissertation! I'm so relieved to have it off my chest.

08.12.2021, 01:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha... Dummy, here...

Dissertation??? something yummy to eat? like cake or pudding?

OK, OK, I know it not that, but a writing of some sort?

But for what?

I may not know or remember offhand what it was for, but
obviously you are happy and pleased about it, so good for you...

08.12.2021, 03:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

It's the final paper for my Masters degree! So all the research I've been working on over the past few months went into it. And as long as it's all good, hopefully I'll be accepted onto the PhD programme next.

08.12.2021, 03:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I knew that!!!

The previous question a was rhetorical test!

You believe that, right, just my angle on it...

08.12.2021, 10:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

That's great news! did you experience any side effects?

08.19.2021, 07:03 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, I did a bit. I think the first time was a little worse in my case, but I still took a few days to be really with it again.

08.19.2021, 03:33 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Glad you're feeling better...

08.19.2021, 08:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: got my second vaccine too! Barely any side effects, just like last time. Sore arm and a little tired, but I feel fine now.

LL: we were trying to switch internet providers and they've royally hecked things up, so I'll be going back to the dark ages for a few days. :C

My Anime List

08.20.2021, 12:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OH, NO!!! Rotary dial phone on a Party Line!!! HORRORS!!!

obviously, jus' funnin'

hope everything works out all right soonest...

08.20.2021, 05:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL: Had a semi-major fire near my home this afternoon. I had gone home for something and as I was leaving to go back to the nearby park to continue reading my book (yeah, another Louis L'Amour ) When I backed out of my driveway, I saw the column of smoke and called it in then went on to the Park. Having seen and gone thru a number of nearby fires over the years, I wasn't too concerned about this one as I saw how and where it was going...

Later, a neighbor called me and told me that our street had been given an evacuation order... and the electric power to our area was shut off...

Later, when you could tell by the smoke that the fire was near to being contained and no longer a danger, I was still not allowed to go home and told the officer what I thought. Then he said that the prisoners in the major jail one block from my house, were having to be transferred and that was another reason for the evacuation odfmy street... bull pucky, they had brought in about 10-15 of the 40 passenger prisoner transport buses in and well as other smaller transport vehicles and were putting prisoners in them and taking to to more secure sites...

Since I couldn't go home, I just went back to reading and talking to others at the park... finally, about 5:30PM they opened everything up (except the jail cells, lol) and we were able to return to our homes...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.26.2021, 01:14 PM.

08.26.2021, 04:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Wow, that's crazy. Did you ever find out how it started?

08.26.2021, 05:55 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Not yet, that hasn't come out yet or been determined, as far as I know...
As a historian for my area, there was an old housr from the early 1900's that was abandoned and slowly deteriorating and being broken into by homeless and just 2 weeks ago, two men were arrested for vandalism for attempting to strip wiring from it... I and others did some research and found that a number of historical people from our City's history had at one time lived in that bldg... When the fire appeared to be burning not far away from that house, from where I was, I drove over to that location, being careful to not impede any fire equipment, I found that just before the fire, heavy equipment had torn the house down. I got onto the site and took a few photos of the general area of the house site, now leveled.

Hours later, after the fire was apparently beaten down, I went back over to the house and took a couple more photos and at that time, I could not see any path of burn area from the house to where the fire had been raging, 300 or 400 yds. away Now, with all the bulldozers and other heavy equipment moving around, that could have churned up the ground, hiding any readily apparent fire path, so I just don't know for now... I am going to go over to the fire area later today or tomorrow to look at some other old buildings below where the fire was. If I find out anything, I'll give it then...

As far as I know now, no deaths were reported or lived-in buildings were damafed or destroyed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went over to the site this afternoon and The other old buildings appear to be fine. I got a higher up view of the fire area and it does not appear to be connected with the house that was razed. A wide spread burn area, but all brush and no buildings... With the drought we are seeming to be going through, worldwide, the Creek bed was dry as a bone... You can see remnants of the red phoschek, that was dropped by the planes, on the roadway near the Creek...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.26.2021, 10:01 PM.

08.26.2021, 01:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks