QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Maho : I somehow missed that post. Office politics can be a real downer sometimes, this boss of yours doesn't sound very professional if they have responsibility but don't face it. In some ways you might be better off doing this home-office thing although personally I like office life, its never lonely which I think I would be at home.

Highlight : Dozing off in the sun in the garden with our cat.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.10.2008, 01:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: To make my day even better, I forgot my friend's birthday and now he seems to be upset with me too.

I need a highlight stat.

05.10.2008, 02:07 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Um... Fen's highlight: She had a very nice time of coming to the Tavern, after she went to the tavern her day brightened up quite a lot and she recieved a gift from some random person.

Yay!

05.10.2008, 02:22 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww thanks Kiki! You're my highlight ^_^

05.10.2008, 02:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We went for a picnic in the middle of nowhere by a stream and sunbathed. It was lovely, the company was perfect and it was exactly what I needed.

I'm better now, annoying bosses can go and take a running jump.

Hi Fen! *hugs* I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad day.

05.10.2008, 02:52 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Fen
Welcome! I enjoy brightening people's days, a lot of the time!

Lowlight: I just found out that Azumanga Daioh only goes up to episode 26... that made me very sad.

05.10.2008, 03:01 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: I have managed to lose all my volition for revision by watching Monkey Dust. (It's not because of that, it's just that I'm now tired from watching something for ages.)

05.10.2008, 03:11 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight : A nice dinner in the garden in the super warm weather.

Lowlight : Still no frog.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.10.2008, 03:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: Sitting on a bench with my primary school friend who i've only recently started hanging out with again. We sat there making fat people jokes and threatening the other with 'beef'. We were both laughing so hard he fell off the bench at one point. It was really nice a very happy relaxed vibe.

Its a pity I dont fancy him in the slightest, he'd probably make a really amusing boyfriend.

Lowlight: Ummm none Oh yeah one! My brother ate my cookies.

05.10.2008, 03:46 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ah, my highlight is walking up my driveway ^_^ Gonna go spend some time with her now. Later!

05.10.2008, 04:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have fun! Wish I was her! *hugs*

05.10.2008, 04:05 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I just had a lovely highlight: a poem I just found on DeviantART, titled 'Bishonen'. It was so, so beautiful. I'll post it in the bishonen thread, maybe tomorrow. Mm... Boy, I can't get over this. That piece of writing was more powerful than any picture I've seen of late.

My Anime List

05.10.2008, 04:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

I am going to have to read that to see perhaps how Bishonen touch the hearts of you all... yay!

05.10.2008, 05:28 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: Going to the city. ^^ Pocky! I saw Mr.Rayner there when we were looking at his books in the library trying to see if the ones near it were published by the same company by different authors. My mom just went "It does have the same label as Rob's books-" and then he like randomly came over smiling. XD He was my old music teacher. It's amusing to know him and Mr.Gross *writes ghost stories, Mr.Rayner writes sports ones*

I like Mr.Rayner's British accent. ^^ Maybe that's why I can't stop laughing when my boyfriend and Meggy use it, because they're really good at it. Mr.Rayner is from England, I'm pretty sure. He lives a little ways from my high school.

WTF-Light: I was somehow possessed by Kidd to buy a skateboard. ._. I can't even use it.. Waaa, I wasted my mommy's money and my grading money. >.<

05.10.2008, 07:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Hm, somehow my highlight turned into a lowlight...I think I'll just avoid human contact for the rest of today and hope tomorrow's better.

On the bright side of things, I found a huge basket of baked goods on the kitchen table...

05.10.2008, 07:17 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

new chapter of d.gray-man!
WOAH! SO MANY BOMBSHELLS DROPPED AT ONCE IT WAS LIKE BANG! *falls off chair from information overload*

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.10.2008, 07:39 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Yay! Kiki
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Hm, somehow my highlight turned into a lowlight...I think I'll just avoid human contact for the rest of today and hope tomorrow's better.

On the bright side of things, I found a huge basket of baked goods on the kitchen table...

Sorry about your lowlight...

But... who got you the basket of baked goods? Ha! See? I told you that some random person would show up and give you a gift! Ya

05.10.2008, 07:46 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished a short story. ^^ I named it Clyde and Holly. It's five pages long and exactly 2500 words. o.o It's short~! I got the names from a couple streets I saw today. :3 And it formed a story.

It's about a young man named Jasper who helps spirits descend into the other realm by putting his hand above their hearts and looking into their past before they died. Yet, he was surprised to see no one had known or spoken of the young couple that spent their days in his maple trees, awaiting someone who might be able to help them pass on. The only thing is, when this beautiful couple meet Jasper, he is unable to reach their memories. When he sees the girl is always staring at the bottom window of his house, he goes to it that night when Clyde is playing the piano and is instantly put into their past. He finds out how they died, and when he returns along with their small kitten they took care of, he sees they have left only a note of thanks behind and an oil painting of themselves.

I guess since he was able to touch them when they were far away from the window, when they got close he wasn't able to so he knew something was wrong although I never said that. The fact it was that window probably meant that it was the only thing able to send them back and the couple's position in the tree was right before the window. Windows are like mirrors in this sense. :3

I feel like throwing up.. X_x

05.10.2008, 09:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow, i'd read that. sounds interesting. my stories suck!

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.10.2008, 10:03 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Going back in time a litle bit to yesterday...

Yesterday's Highlights: Started my new japanese class, was REALLY happy to know that they placed emphasis on vocals this time round. Finally, I think I can make some substantial progress after years of stagnation (I learned a LOT during my time of self-study and the few months after that, after which I seemed to have hit a wall). I also made a few dry jokes to lighten up the already lively mood, like when the teacher asked me if I was going to eat lunch, I picked up my Burger King "breakfast", and everyone laughed.

Oh, and the teacher was really nice. Unfortunately though, she won't be the one teaching me because she's going back to Japan (lives in near Shinjuku, of all places), hoping the other teacher is just as nice.

Oh, and the Bacon burger was really nice

I also finally got to finish Higurashi season one, plus the Nekogoroshi extra, yay!

And best for the last...

Highlight for now: I now officially own a copy of the Ponyo Image Album Albeit digital copy, lol. Will give a review when I finish.

EDIT: Hmm, cookies... *reaches for stash of Chipsmores*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.11.2008, 12:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks