QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  688  689  690  691  692  693  694    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As I've mentioned before, when my US Navy ship was homeported in Yokosuka, we (my Mom, Stepdad little Sister and I) lived in a house in Hiyama Kokusai, a suburb of Yokosuka. Later, we had an apartment in the Yokohama US Naval Housing. Since the family car was also with us, I had a Japanese drivers license.(interesting experience)

HAHAHA, just had a flashback memory... My Japanese friend, Mitio Takahashi and I went to climb Mt Tsukuba-san, but chickened out and went back down and took the cable car to the summit, lol... His family owned a rice farm outside of Tokyo, invited my family to spend the weekend at their farm... Haha, twas fun as the only one who was fluent in English was Mitio...

sigh!!! Over 50 years ago...

04.19.2023, 08:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Enjoyed the last day of four spent on Bruny Island, down here in Southern Tasmania.

04.27.2023, 05:52 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of my Niece's sent me a photo of her wearing a pair of Totoro earrings... Said it reminded her of the times she and her brother would spend times at my house watching 'Totoro" so she bought them...

05.14.2023, 05:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That sounds nice! Is this a niece that lives near you or far away?

05.15.2023, 06:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

sigh, unfortunately, she lives in another State... She and her brother spent a lot of overnights at my place... I was the 'Father Figure' for a lotta years...

05.16.2023, 12:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: logging onto here and seeing familiar names. Arren and Husky continue to be the mvps and so appreciate seeing your guys' posts whenever I stop by ❤️

Also weather is no longer stupid outside so been in nature and mountains and all my happy places lately. 😊

Kaz - musical sounds amazing! Would love to hear what's it about.

05.26.2023, 05:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, it's been a while!! I hope you've been doing well lately!

05.26.2023, 10:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

FEN!!!

So very good to see you again...

I love seeing our older members, uh, YOUNG older members, lol remember, I'm the 'Old Guy' hahaha... I have spent so much time in the Tavern with all of you that I feel like this is a second Family to me... So many of you from all over the world have connected with me and I have loved it...

Again, Very good to see you again, fenkashi!!!

05.27.2023, 03:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm great, thanks for asking! Busy busy but no complaints though, it's all very fulfilling.

I recently realized there's a new Miyazaki film coming out soon so I had to check in you all. So exciting because my oldest is 4 now and might just sit through it and watch with me lol.

05.30.2023, 10:31 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That part is so cool, being able to share something that you love with your young'ns... WHOA, Just picked up on that..."4"!!! TIME FLIES!!!

I remember when some of my grandkids or Niece's and Nephew would come over to spend some time with Grandpa or Uncle... Almost as soon as their butts hit the carpet I'd start hearing ... "Totoro! Totoro!! Granpa, Totoro!!! (or Uncle as the case may be, lol) One of my Nieces (with kids of her own, now) just texted me a few days ago showing a pair of Totoro earrings that she just bought and reminded me

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.30.2023, 03:20 PM.

05.30.2023, 01:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL/L...

Lost one of my Grandson's yesterday to a car accident, Taha will be missed! He was only 20yo this January... According to his Mother (my Daughter) this happened in Medinah, KSA... No further details, but the family is heading up there from Jeddah...

06.13.2023, 06:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

That's terrible news! I'm very sorry to hear that. It must have been a real shock.

06.14.2023, 04:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Husky I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you to lose someone so young. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

06.24.2023, 12:14 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank You, both of you...

I remember playing with him and holding him in my arms when he was 2yo... texted and spoke with him through the years...

06.26.2023, 04:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

YAY!!! SUPERH/Light!!!

Last year, when my laptop finally bit the dust, I thought that I had lost the thousands of history and family files when an online acquaintance threw me a lifeline!!! He had a, I don't know what they are called, a remote hard-drive?, and we took the hard-drive out of my old laptop and hooked everything up with my new laptop and it DIDN'T WORK...

I've had family computer guys and gals come by and still couldn't get it to work... Then the other day, after a fb history discussion, I put out some information, but didn't have the photos of the old hard-drive, of city airfields to back up my comments. My friend set up an appt to come by and try again. While lying in bed, going to sleep, an idea popped into my head, check out the usb cable that came with the remote...

In the morning, I looked and found another usb cable with the same connectors AND IT WORKED!!! I spent hours yesterday, searching my old files and found the photos I needed and posted them. I also told all the computer ppl who had tried to help. They were blown away by the idea that it was simply the usb cable!!!

Then I spent some more hours just looking through and familiarizing myself with what I thought I had forever lost!!! SUPER-HIGH/LIGHT!!! ........................... (edited for spelling)

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.15.2023, 11:01 AM.

08.15.2023, 10:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Must have been satisfying to get that sorted! Sometimes the issue really can be such a simple thing in the end. I've had some trouble with an SD card lately actually, but I don't know how easy it'll be to resolve... Anyway, I haven't really had time to deal with it!

08.16.2023, 03:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Busy, Busy, eh!

08.16.2023, 11:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Lowlight: a spammer had the unusual and very annoying approach of posting replies to dozens of individual threads and I had to go through deleting them all...

Highlight: it was actually kinda fun to look at some of them and get reminded of conversations we had in the past! There was stuff like the elimination games and ( ) the old RP too. It's a shame we can't do things like that anymore, but I guess forums just haven't been the in thing for a long time.

09.06.2023, 07:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you for your spammer endeavors!

They are appreciated!

09.06.2023, 12:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Just noticed something crazy when I was clearing out some more spam just now. There were threads and posts where people were commenting on how the forum had become quieter and a lot of regulars weren't around anymore... in 2010!!

That means we've been reminiscing about the bustling heyday of the Tavern for more than half of the time it's been online! Over a decade!!!

10.11.2023, 07:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  688  689  690  691  692  693  694    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks