QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  681  682  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If possible. take a break and rest... arren...

L/L: El Dorado fire now at 11,500 acres and only 19% contained, but now the winds are now starting up... Not helpful, but, thankfully, nat as bad as was expected...

There are so many fires all around the Western US, it reminds me of what we were hearing a few years ago about Australia's fires!!!
California throughout the State, Oregon, a huge single one out around Colorado and I don't know how many other States, offhand...

===========================================

today's Noon News update:

Over 200 separate fires currently burning in the Western US...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.09.2020, 03:07 PM.

09.09.2020, 02:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I finally submitted a completed translation project that I've been working on for the past month or so. I ended up having to do most of it in the last week, so it got pretty intense, but I'm glad to be done with it.

09.14.2020, 01:09 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good-O!!!

09.14.2020, 07:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: New promotion at Office
LL: Super high pressure on the new post

Hope you guys are doing well. I saw the news with Arren. Although i dont agree with it similar to kaz, but definitely its your decision what makes you happy.

----------------

Hey Husky hope you are doing well. Also take care with all the fires burning is US.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

09.19.2020, 04:54 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations on the promotion!

HL: Japan's finally easing its border restrictions, I'll be able to get my visa! Not going to be leaving any earlier, it'll be March/April. But I'm just so relieved. Didn't know how long they were going to keep the restrictions in place.

My Anime List

09.26.2020, 08:42 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Congratulations on the promotion, saviour... you've had to put up with all of us in the Tavern so I know you can handle the pressure, lol... I am funning with you... lol

Glad to hear about the restrictions being lifted in Japan's travel, Kaz...

General: Still hot weather coming in the next few days, a bit cool now though Only 80+F degrees but going up over 100 degrees in the next week... And many of the fires are either out or are closer to being brought under controi...

hahaha, feeling old today...
My youngest son turned 35 today!!! lol

09.26.2020, 01:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

UltraLL: In the USA Presidential race, my best friend in town of almost 20 years now feels that I have betrayed our friendship by voting for a different candidate than he supports and that by my voting early as I did, that I had purposely rushed in to take away his rights and freedoms guaranteed to him by the Constitution of the US... As a result of this, he no longer feels that we can be friends...

I knew he believed differently from me on this subject, but I didn't expect this outcome...

We belong to some of the same organizations here in town and have numerous same friends... So I am sure that we will meet at times in the future... We'll see how it goes...

Life goes on...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.22.2020, 11:38 PM.

10.22.2020, 11:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear that, Husky. Hopefully once he cools his head, he'll see sense. Honestly, some people act like the democrats have never been in power before. You had eight years of Obama before Trump, and yet the Constitution is still intact, the sky is still blue, Big Oil is still devastating the environment... Yet people are out there talking like Biden will bring the literal apocalypse.

*sigh* I don't know. Anyway, there's not long to go now. Fingers crossed sense and decency win out.

HL: nothing particular, but work's going well, I'm ahead of schedule. I've enjoyed reading this latest title I've been working on. Getting to read manga for free is a nice perk of the job.

My Anime List

10.23.2020, 09:20 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHA, bring able to read good stuff as a result of your work is ALWAYS a perk, lol... Can't say that has happened much in my life, except when in school or college...

======================================

hahaha, speaking of politics, I found this little statement hidden in a letter code... I just figured it out this morning... see if you can... The authors name is at the end of the quote...

Each letter stands for another letter in the alphabet and the same letter exchange follows through the whole puzzle... Good luck!

"OCU VGQQUNUTFU HUOAUUT

VULOC LTV OLIUM GM VULOC

VZUMT'O XMO AZNMU UWUNJ

OGKU FZTKNUMM KUUOM."

...................... AGPP NZXUNM

10.23.2020, 03:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky and Kaz.

@Husky regarding your friend i am not sure which side you are in the current political debate. But i myself am quite conflicted regarding your point. I think to me it is regarding having balance in the politics, so that whichever side you vote you get more or less the same thing except the method of execution. However with current political situation around the world it is not possible and i can understand the feeling of betrayal in your friend as i feel the same in some cases as well. So dont misunderstand your friend. I think it is not your friend's nor your fault for this situation. I think all of us in the world are currently in a unprecedented situation after WWII. In one hand there is the globalization and the good parts of it like cheaper goods, development of countries like ours. And there is China which is the bad part of globalization taking almost of all of the benefits and absolutely not playing a fair game. Also there is Brexit and Trump and soon in other countries populist govts because of failure of democracy to maintain a fair capitalism. This is truly a worst case and i know that without patience and cooperation we cant get out of this.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.24.2020, 03:33 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: our big shipment of furniture, etc from Japan finally arrived! I was getting a bit nervous about it coming but I'm glad it's all sorted now.

11.09.2020, 04:09 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Highlight: our big shipment of furniture, etc from Japan finally arrived! I was getting a bit nervous about it coming but I'm glad it's all sorted now.

Good news...

11.09.2020, 07:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: my first manga translation was finally published yesterdaaay! That's really exciting. I shouldn't have gone and read it, obviously I immediately started seeing things I could have done better... But 'ey, it's out there now and I hope a few people read and like it.

My Anime List

11.24.2020, 10:27 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Great!!!

11.24.2020, 11:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Ooh, that's exciting news. Good work!

11.25.2020, 03:43 AM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: my first manga translation was finally published yesterdaaay! That's really exciting. I shouldn't have gone and read it, obviously I immediately started seeing things I could have done better... But 'ey, it's out there now and I hope a few people read and like it.

??????????????????????????????????

Hope that came out understandably...

If to English, what Manga?

11.25.2020, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks guys! I've been at this for more than two years, but now's the moment I feel like a real translator!

It's ah, a BL (gay romance) series so I don't know if that's anyone's cup of tea here, haha. Cute story though.

HL: shiny new phone!
LL: can't play with it 'til Christmas, booo.

My Anime List

11.27.2020, 09:02 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Big HL:
WOW! My family that lives in the next town over called and said that they were bringing me Thanksgiving dinner, IF I WANTED IT!! ?!

hahaha

Me? refuse a homecooked meal...? They know me too well...

I got to see some of the Grandkids (socially distanced and masked, of course [sigh]) but it was nice................ Nice? Heck, It was Fantabulous!!! lol

Had some fun convos with the kids on the phone before and after...

oh, yeah... and the turkey dinner with all the trimmings was GOOD, and they brought enough for three or four meals!!! And three desserts, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake and Apple pie. Sampled all, heh heh heh...

Ok, OK, I ate too much last night... lolAnd there is still MORE!

Hoping everyone is doing well... Best wishes Hang in there... to all, BE SAFE...

11.27.2020, 11:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aw, that's lovely Husky ^^
I'm glad you got to have some family time, safely. The dinner sounded amazing!

My Anime List

11.28.2020, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: the last two days have just been awful. Found out my nan is very, very ill, then all our fish nearly died yesterday after their heater stopped working, then I broke the new one within ten minutes, and then some fixture in our bathroom broke and it flooded.

So that's been... yeah. I don't really know how to deal with the whole situation with my nan. If she's not strong enough for the remaining treatment options, then they've said she has less than a year. The Christmas card I'll be sending soon might well be the last. I've been fortunate enough to get to this age and never have lost anyone very close to me before, so... this is a first.

HL: I finally have some time off for the first in... I don't know, more than a month anyway.

My Anime List

12.05.2020, 11:33 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  681  682  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks