QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  672  673  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went down to our local steak house to just get a couple of bowls of GOOD Beef Stew to take to a friends house for him and his girlfriend when I visited... I have known them for decades and felt comfortable visiting them... As it happened, the restaurant was open for 'dine-in' so I went in and had a small bowl of stew myself and was able to meet some of the wait staff that I have also known for decades... there were very few ppl in the restaurant ...

Cross your fingers all, that things MAY be coming back closer to a more normal way...

Note, I still wear a mask and practice social distancing except with others...

Stay Safe...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.28.2020, 09:07 PM.

05.28.2020, 09:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LLLL:

A Black man named George Floyd was televised being arrested with a White cop kneeling on his neck for almost 10 minutes because he was resisting, which was BS... All the body cams and cell phones proved that he was NOT resisting. The cop kneeling on his neck has been arrested for 3rd degree murder... and the other three with him are being investigated...

The protesters have a right to protest, but as has happened in the past, looters have mixed in with the protesters and escalated the activities of the protesters with much violence, fires and looting, many of them from out of town... They didn't give a **** about Floyds death, they were there to raise hell so that they could loot...

A crying shame...

05.31.2020, 02:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
LLLL:

A Black man named George Floyd was televised being arrested with a White cop kneeling on his neck for almost 10 minutes because he was resisting, which was BS... All the body cams and cell phones proved that he was NOT resisting. The cop kneeling on his neck has been arrested for 3rd degree murder... and the other three with him are being investigated...

The protesters have a right to protest, but as has happened in the past, looters have mixed in with the protesters and escalated the activities of the protesters with much violence, fires and looting, many of them from out of town... They didn't give a **** about Floyds death, they were there to raise hell so that they could loot...

A crying shame...

The whole world is getting more and more authoritative. The amount of police violence happening in the USA is truly unprecedented. A restaurant from my country was torched and burned to ground. Do you know what the owner said he said let it burn we can rebuild a building but we cant rebuild a human. People are angry and they are justified. If you look at the footage you can see that other officers did not do anything. How can that happen. Thats how low the system has sunk. If Americans cant fix it now, China and Russia is not very far. Where you will be jailed and shot for speaking against the system. So i dont really care how much looting is happening.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.31.2020, 03:49 AM.

05.31.2020, 03:35 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I managed to get a bit of work writing some academic-style essays for a website. I've done a few writing things lately, and they all became a bit of a drag after a while, but the scope of this is so broad that I'm thinking it should be quite fun. I'm in the process of applying for a Masters course right now, so hopefully it'll be some good practice for that too.

06.10.2020, 01:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm rooting for you, arren....

06.10.2020, 04:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: new laptop!

06.25.2020, 10:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Does it speak Japanese??? LOL

06.25.2020, 02:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Actually, it does! It spoke when I first booted it. I have everything in English now though.

06.27.2020, 04:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

LOL

06.27.2020, 11:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just moved this site to a new server, testing!

06.29.2020, 10:03 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
husky51
The Old Guy

Tastes good, thank you, UO....
A litle syrupy and what seems to be a hint of chocolate with a touch of banana... Yum!

Oh, wait... You said testing!!!!

heh heh heh

Yes, working fine on this end...

Hope you are feeling well and are safe on your end...

-------------------------------------------
Just got up a few ago and my eyeballs weren't working yet...

Be Safe overthere in that little itty-bitty State southwest of me (if that;s where you are) I realize people are so crowded together there. I have a shpmate living in San Antone...

... sigh, misspelled eyeballs as eyebakks!!! dang keys are too close together sometimes...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.29.2020, 12:30 PM.

06.29.2020, 12:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, thanks UO! It's good to see you, how are you doing these days?

My Anime List

06.29.2020, 02:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Thank you UO! Hopefully this will avoid the errors that come up from time to time.

06.29.2020, 07:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: got my first manga translation work!

My Anime List

07.03.2020, 08:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: got my first manga translation work!

All right!!! enjoy the work...

07.03.2020, 08:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy Birthday, Kaz... Hope your day is a HL one...

07.08.2020, 10:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, Husky!

HL: birthday! Got some nice chocolates, clothes, and a drawing tablet.

LL: my move to Japan's postponed, again, until April... Saw it coming, but... bah.

My Anime List

07.08.2020, 11:47 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Happy birthday!

Damn, as long as that? As you say, it isn't surprising, since as far as I know new visas are still on hold, but that really sucks.

07.08.2020, 06:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I got accepted to a Masters programme! I didn't mention it before because actually getting there for it could still be a bit tricky, but it's getting much closer to happening now. I might have to defer it by a semester, but we'll see how things go.

07.15.2020, 08:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's great, arren, congratulations! What are you going to study?

My Anime List

07.15.2020, 03:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  672  673  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks