QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

06.01.2021, 06:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I've also just had my first vaccine! No side effects except for a sore arm and a little tiredness. That's a relief.

LL: Keeping up with work is proving a little tough just now. I really want to drop one of my clients because they pay terribly and it's just distracting from more important work, but it's horrible and difficult to say no. >_<

My Anime List

06.22.2021, 04:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to hear you got it and the side effects weren't too bad!

06.23.2021, 07:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: went out for lunch with dad today. Nice weather, so we sat outside. Mm, that place does the best burgers I've had anywhere.

Also, strawberries are finally in season! They're so good Had a bowlful with cream and melted chocolate tonight.

LL: still need to drop that client, ugh.

My Anime List

06.28.2021, 09:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Offer said client a bowl of Strawberries with cream and fertilizer... They MAY get the hint... lol

(Sorry, but an old joke and I couldn't resist...)

06.28.2021, 11:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Heh Yeah, I finally bit the bullet and let 'em go last night. They haven't responded yet, which is unusual, but uh... hopefully it's fine. I did offer to help find a replacement if need be.

HL: beautiful summer's day. More strawberries

My Anime List

06.29.2021, 02:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well, it was nice of you to offer to help in that manner... (Hopefully, your help will not be needed)

Enjoy the Strawberries, hold the fertilizer, tho...

Have a great day...

You know, I just might head to the store and see if the Strawberries are in... Should be...

06.29.2021, 05:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, a highlight from yesterday I forgot to add: I submitted a PhD application! Hopefully I should be able to continue studying here and working on a bigger project. In the meantime though, I have to write up this Masters dissertation by mid-August.

07.01.2021, 04:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHA, Good luck arren or should I say Doctor arren (soon to be) lol

07.01.2021, 06:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hey, that's brilliant! Hope everything goes well for you!

My Anime List

07.01.2021, 09:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, I'm so jealous y'all are getting vaccines! I think it'll still be awhile for me. My supervisor has been trying to convince me not to get it.

HL: My students had their school festival yesterday and it was fun! I think it's one of my favourite parts of the education system here. It also varies in style depending on the school so not all school festivals are like those in manga and anime (although for regular track high schools they might be).

07.03.2021, 04:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, it seems like the vaccine rollout's not going great in Japan, huh? :/ Hopefully you might get lucky and have a chance to get it sooner than you expect.

Glad the festival was fun! Any highlights?

HL: the light novel I've been translating for the last couple of months was just announced! I really hope people like it.

My Anime List

07.03.2021, 09:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

GOOD to see you, FFF Personally, I recommend the vaccine as soon as possible... My daughter and some of her children were diagnosed with covid a few weeks ago BUT are all feeling better now... Still not GREAT, but appear to be getting there... Just a thought... If you are still over in Japan, is there any chance that you might get vaccine shots through your Embassy? Just a thought...

I hope that you are not anywhere near where that landslide occurred in Japan on the news today... If you are still over there??? lol

Good luck on the book sales, Kaz!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.04.2021, 12:45 AM.

07.04.2021, 12:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Writing a bit of fiction and enjoying some much needed down time.

07.07.2021, 08:48 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hey Farren...

Welcome Back!

07.08.2021, 11:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy Birthday, Kazagami

Wishing you the best

(dang, running out of room for the candles!!!)

07.08.2021, 12:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Welcome back Farren!!

And thanks Husky! Just having a quiet one again this year. Got some fish and chips for dinner, cake to follow. Plenty of chocolates and gin to get through as well And Dad helped me buy a Nintendo Switch, so I'm really looking forward to playing on that when I have time!

My Anime List

07.08.2021, 03:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Happy birthday Kaz! Enjoy the Switch, I haven't regretted getting it!

And hey Farren! It's really been a while this time around. Hope you're doing alright!

07.08.2021, 06:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey Husky, Kaz and Arren,

It's great to be back and see you guys are still active on here. You're right Arren, it's been too long since I've been back to the tavern, but I'm doing well. I hope you're all staying happy and healthy in these tricky times.

HL: Enjoying a day off and its a bluebird day outside.

BTW, happy belated birthday Kaz!

07.10.2021, 09:50 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
GOOD to see you, FFF Personally, I recommend the vaccine as soon as possible... My daughter and some of her children were diagnosed with covid a few weeks ago BUT are all feeling better now... Still not GREAT, but appear to be getting there... Just a thought... If you are still over in Japan, is there any chance that you might get vaccine shots through your Embassy? Just a thought...

I hope that you are not anywhere near where that landslide occurred in Japan on the news today... If you are still over there??? lol

Good luck on the book sales, Kaz!!!

I'm still in Japan and as far as I know getting the vaccine through my embassy is not a thing at all (I also live very far from my embassy and my work would not appreciate me flying to Tokyo lol). I got my vaccine voucher yesterday and apparently can book my appointment in late August for some time in mid to late September.. not sure if high school teachers are going to be put on the priority list for my area yet. I know they want to, but the organizers for my area have been kind of given a crappy situation apparently.

Most of my friends got their first shot recently but they either live in the towns outside of my city or got it offered through their work/their spouse's work. My work hasn't mentioned anything yet, but I unfortunately have a supervisor who does not want me to get vaccinated..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.14.2021, 06:54 AM.

07.14.2021, 06:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  686  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks