QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fun! Glad to hear things are going well. I hope you enjoy your visit to the Ghibli Museum!

05.27.2022, 04:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I finally have three days off after working a number of double shifts at the local winter festival that's been keeping me busy. Finally I'm getting some much needed down time.

LL: It's not really a low light, but my course in art direction and copywriting is approaching the pointy end and all ten briefs are due very soon. So, my day off is being spent being productive, but also finding avenues of procrastination.

P.S
it's super cool to call back into the tavern, it's not often that I drop by these days, but it's super nice to be back all the same. I hope everyone is well

06.20.2022, 10:54 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Soso on this end, getting older and frailer, but c'est la vie... thats life... lol

06.21.2022, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Soso on this end, getting older and frailer, but c'est la vie... thats life... lol

06.21.2022, 01:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey Farren, good to see you! I hope you're doing okay.

I haven't been very active in the last few weeks either, mainly because I've just had a LOT on my plate. I'm hoping things will start looking up soon though.

06.21.2022, 03:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm sorry I've been a stranger lately too! So much going on @_@

HL: I tried playing taiko drums for the first time today! It was pretty fun. I had a great weekend too. Spent it with an old school friend who lives in Kobe.

LL: So much to do, so little time! It's hard to get enough sleep lately.

My Anime List

06.27.2022, 09:40 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

~~~~~~~~TAIKO~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Taiko!!!

I took my young Niece and Nephew to a Taiko show one time where the instruments and audience seats were on the same level and we were in the front row and my left knee was about 6' from a medium size drum.... WOW! What a show!!!

I envy your opportunity, Kaz...

06.27.2022, 10:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

HIGHLIGHT: put in an offer to buy a house, and succeeded! A few weeks ago my partner and I were told our current place was going to be sold and we'd have to move out. After seeing if we could buy it from the owner, we ended up deciding that buying would be better than renting even if we had to move, and now here we are! There's still paperwork and other bureaucracy to come, and then we have to deal with the stress of moving too, but I'm really excited that it finally worked out

06.28.2022, 12:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

06.28.2022, 03:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats Arren on buying the house! It's not easy these days to do so. Well depending on where you live I suppose..

07.03.2022, 05:14 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Thank you! The whole situation has been pretty crazy and I'm glad we didn't take too long to get somewhere we really liked. I was worried it would be a prolonged saga and we'd end up have to rent somewhere else after all.

07.03.2022, 03:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Good-O!!

07.03.2022, 05:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
HIGHLIGHT: put in an offer to buy a house, and succeeded! A few weeks ago my partner and I were told our current place was going to be sold and we'd have to move out. After seeing if we could buy it from the owner, we ended up deciding that buying would be better than renting even if we had to move, and now here we are! There's still paperwork and other bureaucracy to come, and then we have to deal with the stress of moving too, but I'm really excited that it finally worked out

That's great! Considering the housing market in Britain especially here lol

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

07.05.2022, 02:15 AM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
husky51
The Old Guy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAZ!!!!
And many more!!!

07.08.2022, 12:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh, I didn't realise! Happy birthday Kaz!

07.09.2022, 05:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys!! I had a great time, beach party with fireworks, barbecue, and plenty of drinks

My Anime List

07.11.2022, 07:13 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHAHA!

The wild abandon of youth! (that phrase just popped into my mind, lol)

07.11.2022, 01:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Strange Day???

My grandson and his Fiance and his brother (another Grandson) and Mom and her new boyfriend (?) all came by yesterday... Interesting evening... #1 GS and Fiance are 'non-binary', Mom wants to be called 'Stevie' from now on, not sure what the BF's inclinations are, nor GS #2's ???

The fiance'd couple spent the night at my place last night, left with Mom today, but will likely be back this evening again.

Then, I get a phone call from the Mayor of our town, who I understand from the call is moving out of state and lives down the street from me, wanting to know if I knew of anyone who would like some books that they have (Kids, teen, adult [not bad, she said], etc).. I'd take then, but I'm trying to clear some of my own bookshelves, myself, So I suggested possibly donating to the local Library volunteers, etc...

07.16.2022, 07:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, I have a couple of non-binary friends. I've wondered if I'm that way myself now and then, but I don't think so. People like that have always existed, though, all over the world. 'Non-binary' is just a recent way to describe it.

HL: Had a long weekend and traveled to Hiroshima with a friend. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. The okonomiyaki was great. We visited nearby Miyajima on the second day, and on the third, Onomichi, where one of my favourite manga is set.

LL: Really struggling to get enough sleep these days... There's always something to do; work, homework, more work. They tell us not to push ourselves too much, but these things need to get done, and I don't like to disappoint anyone. Need to redress the balance somehow, though.

My Anime List

07.20.2022, 12:32 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

After sleeping on it, I got my GS and his fiance and sat with them for a little discussion...
One... I told them that so much was coming at me, information-wise, that the 'fiance' message didn't fully register... I apologized for my lack and then congratulated them both...

Two... I mentioned that while I had no problem with being told about their non-binary desire, I commented that my conversation with them on day one had been reserved on my part with trying to not mis-address them while speaking and that I felt uncomfortable and hesitant... I then told them both that while I fully supported their choices I explained abt my discomfort in speaking, but that at my age and my lifetime of dealing with people in the binary that I hoped that they would permit me to continue in addressing them in the binary, which they agreed with... the rest of their three day visit and sleep-over went well and Wren and I got acquainted and a lot of laughs at my GS... Of course, the rat GS gave as good as he got... lol

07.20.2022, 03:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  692  693  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks