QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My condolences, I've been there a time or two... Always a sad happening no matter how expected...

A little humor...
A friend sent me a news item about a 17-yu girl driving a big-rig tractor-trailer combination on the highway... Couldn't see where it was,but I sent it to my Granddaughter and she got... Oh, WOW!!! COOL!

lol

10.20.2021, 03:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi guys!

HL: visiting here and reading through the highs and lows of the last year. Cannot believe we've been in this mad limbo for almost 2 years now! Glad everyone seems to have gotten through it ok and hopeful for a closer to normal 2022. Though the needle on normal has definitely shifted. Yesterday my brother sent me a photo from a busy dock with no distancing, masks and I was nervous even with vaccinations in place haha.

Major life highlight is that we have a new baby daughter as of August! It's bizarre to think as a kid I had this plan to be married with 2 kids by 30...the plan was scrapped as I got older and got other priorities but I guess my subconscious didn't let it go because here I am. Also as a kid my vision was limited to achieving this and career goals. Now that I am here, trying to soak it in and be mindful of where to go from here.

Weird light: we old! Netflix now classifies some of my beloved childhood anime as retro... Cardcaptor Sakura, InuYasha, NGE were among the list.

10.23.2021, 05:19 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fen!!! So good to see you!!! And a Daughter! Congratulations... Have fun through the years I forget, do you have any others??? At my age, you forget some things as life goes on... You will see what I mean when you got here... lol As for the pandemic, be safe... Hoping for the best of things for you and your family...

10.23.2021, 12:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Always good to be back husky

And I forget things now so I can only imagine how it gets with that many more years of memory! This is our second daughter. My eldest will be 3 in February!

10.24.2021, 12:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's so nice to see you, Fen. Huge congratulations on becoming a mother once again! I'm glad you're in a good place despite all the madness of this last year or so.

HL: baked a carrot cake for my dad's birthday tomorrow! If it tastes as good as it looks, it'll be a big success. First time I've baked a layer cake on my own.

My Anime List

11.03.2021, 03:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sure that he will like it... I can smell the enticing aroma from here!!!

Ain't the Tavern's SMELL O' LINK wonderful!!!

11.03.2021, 09:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh, thanks Husky

HL: the cake delicious, Dad loved it, and overall we had a really nice day.

LL: it's 1:30AM, I'm still working, and will be for a while yet...

My Anime List

11.04.2021, 09:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

heh heh heh, I'm usually up til 1am, doing various things, but last few days been working in filling in a mandela on my laptop... I've spent at least 30 hours on this one and still have 2 oir 3 to go... I use my cursor like a color pencil to fill in the different spaces...

11.05.2021, 11:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations to fen from me too!! It's good to hear from you after so long. I meant to say so a bit sooner but there were a few distractions this past week!

Anyway, today's highlight: official confirmation of my master's degree! I already knew what mark I'd got, but the process of applying for and starting the PhD programme meant it was technically "interrupted" so I was concerned there could be a delay. So I'm glad to finally know for sure that I'll have evidence of all the work I put in.

11.05.2021, 12:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Good for you, soon-to-be Doc... Doc of what, if I may? or mayn't? Now there is a contraction you don't see much of... lol

11.05.2021, 05:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually getting the PhD is still a bit far off - at the moment I'm only part-time but that will change if I can get a scholarship. The degree programme is just titled "Japanese", same as the masters and my undergraduate degree, but especially at this level that can incorporate a lot of different things. Mine is going to be translation-related.

11.07.2021, 05:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

????????????????????.................

hahaha, yay, Google Translate... I hope this translated alright... I cheat, but I know that Google doesn't always crossover completely correct...

11.07.2021, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
????????????????????.................

I'm so sorry husky, but this is literally how your Google translation has shown up here.

11.07.2021, 02:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

?????...???????????????????????????????

I guess that it doesn't post kangi... I'll try this way

When I preview my post, it shows my message as copied and pasted, but when posted, it shows up as question marks... So I copies and pasted the others version

Subarash?... Sh?gakkin o uketoru koto ni takusan no k?un ga aru koto o negatte imasu!

The 2 question marks in the above version replace a lower case o, with a hyphen above it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.07.2021, 10:00 PM.

11.07.2021, 09:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Aha, I see. It still sure is a machine translation, but I understand now what you wanted to say. Thanks husky!

11.08.2021, 01:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL/LL:
Had a great weekend at my Son's place (other Son was there with all but one of his kids...) Surprisingly, had no traffic to talk about except for the last 30 miles of a 300 mile drive...

Now have a sore throat...sigh... But my Grandmother's remedy of hot tea w/honey and lemon.. Two mugs and feeling better, already.

12.28.2021, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Mentioned one of my Granddaughters, (17yr old) driving... sigh, now her sister turns 15 today and SHE was saying that, "Hey, I can get MY learner's permit next year!!!

Oh, yeah, if I haven't mentioned it before: at least one, if not more, of my Granddaughters in Saudi Arabia have a Saudi Drivers License/es...

12.28.2021, 01:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: So far not feeling too bad after getting my covid booster yesterday. I was quite tired out from it last night, but I'm hoping there won't be much more to it than that.

12.31.2021, 05:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

And it could be that the 'tiredness' could very well be something entirely unrelated, something like an adrenaline letdown... Glad that you went for it... I've had both Vacs and the Booster (Moderne) Pulling for you, my Friend...

My illness (sore throat; runny nose) appears to be clearing up, but will stay isolated a while longer...

LL:
WAAAH! Can't get any refills of food from my favorite Mexican restaurant... Have to go inside to pay for it...

otherwise

12.31.2021, 03:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Not quite there yet, where I am, but Happy New Year to all of my Friends in the Tavern... (I've got just over 5 houirs to go, yet) less than an hour here, 50 minutes

And a Great New Year for all our guests, Welcome one and all!

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.01.2022, 03:10 AM.

12.31.2021, 10:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks