QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  677  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: finally making some major progress in my university research! I was a bit stuck for a while waiting for things to get moving, but now I'm really getting into the main meat of the project.

03.13.2021, 04:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

H/L: Way to go, there, arren... Happy for ya!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

L/L: one of my Grandson's Great-Aunt passed night before last, but as far as I know, it was not covid related, more of a Kidney problem... She was in her early 90's... RIP Dorothy...

A kinda funny way that we met. We had been Bingo players for a while and discovered quite by happenstance that we were related and connected through my Grandson's Mothers family... This was years ago...

03.13.2021, 07:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@arren I'm sorry if I asked you already, but what are you researching at the moment?

@Husky That's sad to hear, my condolences. May she rest in peace.

HL: Today I found out that I'm sharing my (virtual) workplace with one of the translators of the favourite game! We chatted briefly and now they follow me on Twitter. That's crazy :'D

My Anime List

03.25.2021, 08:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank You, Kaz... I heard that she was in pain before the end, so foor her, in a way, it was a blessing... Just 2 weeks ago, her daughter passed... Again, not Covid connected, or so I've been told...

03.25.2021, 09:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
@arren I'm sorry if I asked you already, but what are you researching at the moment?

I can't remember whether I actually went into much detail about it before... Anyway, I'm investigating the relationship between international anime fans (including fan translators) and the distribution industry (including professional translators), because even though things like Netflix and crowdsourcing give reason to think it might be a bit different from how it was in the past, it doesn't really seem to be talked about much anymore. And to do that, I'm surveying and interviewing members of another fan group I'm in that actually cooperated with a distributor making translation decisions a couple of times. I'm at the point now where the survey is probably pretty much done and I'm contacting potential interviewees, so this is where I should be getting the most important information.

03.26.2021, 09:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi all

HL: I took a few days off work in the lead up to the Easter break so have had some time off and was also able to visit (outdoors) some family I haven't seen in a long time - including a new addition who is only a few days old. I also have a giant chocolate rabbit bigger than my head to get through.

LL: Back to work tomorrow! Boooo! Also fell out of my workout regime over the time off and it's always a struggle to get back in the habit.

Hope everyone else had a nice Easter (if that's relevant to your country/culture)!

04.05.2021, 08:24 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HI NC, Good to see you...

H/L for me, like you I got to mingle with some of my family on Easter day and 3 of my granddaughters (11,14 and 17) got Gramdpa to go along with their plans and I now have RED HAIR!!! hahahahaha!

sigh, what can I say... I was just so happy to be with them all. Of course, the other adults there probably thought that I was nuts, but they are used to be. One young lady, a new fiance probably wondered what kind of family she was getting into, lol

I'll post a photo on our F/B page...

Spent the whole day over there Brunch in the late morning, and Dinner that early evening. Stopped at a Jack in the Box to get a diet Dr Pepper to take home and the cashier sad she loved my hair, lol... Unless I shave my head, I am now stuck (?) with the red hair for quite awhile now and am anticipating what all my friends are going to say... Gonna freak some of them, I'm sure... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.06.2021, 05:30 PM.

04.05.2021, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:

As a former citizen of Canada and a subject (at least in my heart) of the Queen in my early years.

I send my humble condolences to the Queen and her Family, Her Nation and it's citizens on the death of Prince Phillip... May he rest in peace...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.10.2021, 11:14 PM.

04.10.2021, 11:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First supermoon of 2021 shines over Bondi Beach

https://tulsaworld.com/news/world/first-...9c243ef128.html

04.26.2021, 02:29 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
ragstack
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ragstack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by KaliAce
First supermoon of 2021 shines over Bondi Beach

https://tulsaworld.com/news/world/first-...9c243ef128.html

Ain't it a beauty?

04.28.2021, 04:22 PM ragstack is offline   Profile for ragstack Add ragstack to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Dad and I went out for a meal today for the first time in about a year and a half. Agh, it was so good! Great big burger with pulled pork, chips, giant onion rings and satay sauce... Followed it with a chocolate orange sundae. Don't think I'll need to eat again today. :')

My Anime List

05.10.2021, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL/HL:

A grand son enlisted in the Navy in March , but when he went to 'bootcamp;, ended up in quarantine on his arrival, then in full quarantine two more times from others that he came in contact with being 'positive'.

After being there until just a week ago, he had come to the decision that the military wasn't for him and was able to opt out. (sad for me, but his decision)... Had a 2 hr call from him from his home and it was a good one... He'll drive out next week for a good face-to-face... looking forward to that, he is 20 and has an interest in teaching History...

05.10.2021, 02:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the highlight of my day today was a video chat with my family to celebrate the birthday of my sister

05.11.2021, 12:25 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by rompglide
the highlight of my day today was a video chat with my family to celebrate the birthday of my sister

05.11.2021, 04:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

highlight of my day is knowing that it's almost the weekend.

05.21.2021, 06:39 AM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by KaliAce
highlight of my day is knowing that it's almost the weekend.

One thing about being retired is that ALL the days are weekends

05.21.2021, 12:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL: Looking forward to a 200 mile round trip tomorrow to attend s double birthday party of my friend from 1968 and her mother...

haha, the drive thru traffic? Not so much, but the party with my longtime friends and their family... YES..

Getting comments on my BLUE hair!!! My granddaughters have struck again...

05.22.2021, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: got my first vaccine appointment! It'll be happening in just over a week.

05.22.2021, 06:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Highlight: got my first vaccine appointment! It'll be happening in just over a week.

Good-O!!!

05.23.2021, 12:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Follow-up to my last highlight: done! I still have to wait for my second dose appointment, but at least the first one is all sorted.

06.01.2021, 02:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  677  678  679  680  681  682  683  684  685  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks