QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My sister got "4 Minutes" and "Break The Ice". The second one being an animated video, the first gave me the idea for a story. I'm gonna make it futuristic. ^^ But mixed with old things from France. :3 *current obsession: Old romance or action novels from France written in the 1800s* I downloaded the remix of Break the Ice since it fit better with the idea. ^^

I named the main characters Emmanuel and Edward. They're twin brothers but look nothing alike. So far Edward has a weak body but is supposed to help his brother yet is being chased down for some odd reason. I only have one scene in my head with Emmanuel holding his younger brother while standing on a roof top amidst the night sky. Edward was originally written as Edvard but that Micro Wordy don't like it spelt that way. T.T Aww..

05.01.2008, 09:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

friday night is trhe best time of the week cos the week is over and the weekend has just begun.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.01.2008, 09:25 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi to every one, Gives everyone a big, hearty Huggle...

I love it here, away from the daily grind and hassles at work... lol

Got Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd gig vol 1 tody from netflix..
not sure, may have already seen it, but signed up for the series in order, I guess...

@Saddles: I didn't figure that you were old enough to have been to any of the '60's hippy fests! lol

If I haven't seen someone for awhaile and I was cllose to them before, then I greet them with a good hug, be they male of female... I'm am a huggy-type person, I guess... Altho, I will admit that I do like hugging the girls a tad better that hugging the guys, (hah, tad, he says)...

anyway, going off to read the threads...

05.01.2008, 09:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

new light: all the funny things on dgm that can be taken out of context.
1. suman darks attack "break wind"
2. sumans episode title, "the exorcist who breaks wind"
3. the cows thigh tavern
4. the pigs bit tavern.

katsura hoshino is an odd woman, thats for sure...

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.01.2008, 09:41 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New Highlight!!! Going for a walk with my family- first, we sang "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" loudly, and then after eating at Mazzi's we began to walk back attempting to look as if we were galloping on horses. "clap clap, clap clap..." After that, I created a few lines for a story in my head: "All of a sudden, a strange group of people sat down on the sidewalk in front of my yard and began meowing like cats. to my surprise, a cat that I thought lived all the way down the street began to follow them, so I decided that I should tell Jane that most likely a band of catnappers were stealing her cat..."
Yep. The people outside of the house were us. We had to run to keep the cat from following us back home...

05.01.2008, 10:29 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

highlight:....meh i might get to go on ghibli tavern tonight

05.01.2008, 10:46 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight of yesterday: a birthday party. I didn't even know it was anybody's birthday!

Lowlight of yesterday: once again, Rangers won on luck, and are now in the UEFA Cup final. I hope they get thrashed.

05.02.2008, 02:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51 @Saddles: I didn't figure that you were old enough to have been to any of the '60's hippy fests! lol
I wasn't old enough to participate, I became socially aware in the early 70s although I definitely remember flower power in the mid/late 60s, even in Croydon

Highlight : Signalling systems failure on the train line about 30 miles south of my station. All trains subject to indefinite delay. So I'm back home for a while, will check the train company news. Currently here supping coffee and doing more RPG techy work.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.02.2008, 03:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: English class, we were doing this discussion-test thing on Much Ado About Nothing.

Teacher: What G spread around Messina quickly?
Me: (Shouts, without thinking) GONORRHEA!
Teacher: Umm no, the answer I was looking for there was gossip.
Me: 0.o same thing.

Good times ^^

Lowlight: Fire drill in the rain, I was all cold and

05.02.2008, 12:07 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol at the STD joke...

Highlight: Nice day today with promise of live music later, Summer Ball tomorrow!

Lowlight: Buying wrong hair stuff. lots of mind numbing revision.

05.02.2008, 12:15 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Episode 1 of Nabari no Ou and episodes 3 and 4 of xXxHOLiC: Kei. :3 No school today.

05.02.2008, 12:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: It's Friday!

Lowlight: Got so, so, so stressed-out today trying to finish my art assignments. Half of it's not even finished. I'm so going to fail.

My Anime List

05.02.2008, 01:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL : No work! Trains not running!

LL : I had to use up a day's leave

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.02.2008, 02:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Done with work for the weekend... Left are all cut to heck from all the sharp metal and plastic thingies inside the engine compartment... Had to do a repair job from the top rather than from the bottom because my company won't buy a truck lift...

MADlight...After all my work, sewat and blood expended on the repair job, found something else wrong that will down the truck that the ^^%$#@%*& driver neglected to tell anyone about or write up on hos gripe sheet!!!

We are going to have a little talk on Monday!!!

Truck is still down... repair part not available in time...

05.02.2008, 04:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
new light: all the funny things on dgm that can be taken out of context.
1. suman darks attack "break wind"
2. sumans episode title, "the exorcist who breaks wind"
This is officially my new highlight! Ah harms, you make me laugh.

Bwa ha, I'm still laughing. XD

. . .

I'm so immature.

My Anime List

05.02.2008, 04:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: My legs hurt.

Highlight: Why my legs hurt!

Gosh im so easily led astray, I was planning a nice quiet evening in tonight then I get a text from a friend saying be in town in half an hour. And so without questioning it I am. Before I know it i'm on a train to the next town over with a huge group of people I dont know very well who have alcohol when they shouldnt (gasp ) and then we're off the train, and i'm getting whipped with sticks and newspapers by this guy who just broke up with someone I dont like very much so was like: Yeah, you've been there and done that and so no way hozay!

And then we were in this nature reserve and a lot of people were drinking but I wasnt because last time that happened I ended up asleep in a park swing, and I felt really ill the next day ^^ but anyway loads of police turned up so everyone was running through the reserve, like not on paths I mean through the woods (at one point I had to cross this stream/river using a thin pole and I swear I was so close to falling in.

Then we got out of the woods and me and the friend who had texted me decided to go home because she had to go and I didnt want to stay without her and we went to find the station. But ended up going the wrong way and walking the couple of miles back to my town and then I had to walk home from that in the dark. VERY TIRING STUFF.

I need to behave, i'm going to get caught out one of these days.

05.02.2008, 05:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: Friend's reaction when a bunch of us gave her her birthday prezzie ^_^ Priceless.

Also, coming home early!

05.02.2008, 06:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Watching Baccano!. I could follow it pretty easily. XD I just thought it was really funny where Chic is holding a pair of bloody scissors smiling. Aw, that was so cute. Maybe I seriously am a psychopath. O_O And that random mafia dude I dunno what it was but when he ran out into the hallway swearing loudly and beating up somebody, I was laughing so hard. XD

Me: Dad, I watched a cool show today. ^^
Dad: Uh, really/ ^^'
Me: Yup. There was this random scene in it *actually knew what that scene was about* where this old homeless dude comes and chops off this guys fingers, but then the blood and fingers go back! ^^
Dad: o.O Uh huh..

And yay, I found that I can write to Duffy's music. But it puts me in the mood for a different story sense. T.T Aw, I really wanted to do more with that story since it's one of my romance ones and I need to do work on the lecherous male whose not so lecherous. I'm too nice to make him that way..

05.02.2008, 06:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: being taught French swear words.

05.02.2008, 07:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

... French swear words?! Gasp!!

Highlight: I love my life, and everything about it the majority of the time.
Lowishlight: Now it's the weekend again. that week went by far too fast. And I absolutely love school... anyway.

05.02.2008, 07:08 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks