QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What are you listening to right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  234  235  236  237  238  239    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Waga Kokorono Pinball by Eiichi Ohtaki

04.27.2023, 05:49 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is the recent vibe

https://youtu.be/pZrz65ED2Ac
Spinning on blue

https://youtu.be/bIDX9PQs3Dw
PS

https://youtu.be/zwETIWt2wA
We can dance in the park

05.26.2023, 06:06 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
toriforiumu
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to a Joe Hisaishi concert in the summer, so i've been listening to a lot of the ghibli soundtracks, I've also been listening to some Zelda music for nostalgia!

My fav tracks right now!
Ashitaka and San - Joe Hisaishi
A Huge tree in the tsukamori forest - Joe Hisaishi
Rito Village - BOTW soundtrack
Ocarina of Time theme - OOT soundtrack!

05.30.2023, 02:38 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to a variety of Country-Western and Folk Music... Generally puts me in a mellow mood, plus I like to sing along with them...

05.30.2023, 03:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to John Denver's 1974 concert "Rocky Mountain High"...
Which includes the music used in Ghibli's "Whisper of the Heart"...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.05.2023, 01:13 AM.

06.04.2023, 11:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

re-Listening to the same John Denver concert from 1974...

07.06.2023, 11:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tokyo Kingyo - Kosuke Atari

First time listening to this album. I love Atari's voice and that touch of traditional Japanese style he sings with.

My Anime List

07.07.2023, 10:43 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi, Kaz...

You mentioning Japanese music reminded me of the song that came to the States when I was a young man.. I didn't understand the words, but whenever I heard it, I tried to sing along the best I could. It wasn't until much, much later that I found out that it was a love song, Which seemed funny to me at the time, given the English title, lol 'Sukiyaki'.

Japanese title was 'ue o muite arukou' by Kyu Sakamoto... It was released in Japan in 1961 and then here in the States in 1963 (OMG 60 years ago!) Here in the States it was #1 on the Billboard Chart for a few weeks... Dang, I was only about 16 at the time, lol...

I just went and looked it up and found and just found out that a singer named Bobby Vee later recorded a shortened English version...

I just found a karaoke version of Sakamoto and listened to it a couple of times, again trying to sing along... It shows a line of the Japanese with the English translation under. a sad song...

Thanks for triggering the memory!

07.07.2023, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you catch that one in From Up on Poppy Hill, husky?

07.07.2023, 04:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, shows that I'm not an expert on Ghibli, lol

I will have to re-watch Poppy Hill, lol

Aw, Gee! I gotta FORCE myself to watch another Ghibli?!!! lol

sigh, a fate less than death!!!

============================================

I've been looking for the music listings for "...Poppy Hill" and have not been able to find anything... What part of the movie is it playing, do you recall?

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.07.2023, 04:59 PM.

07.07.2023, 04:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know there's a part where they watch a music performance on TV, and I believe that's Ue o Muite Arukou. I think there may be another point or two where it comes up as background music though.

07.08.2023, 03:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Right now, listening to the "Happy Birthday" song in my mind....

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Kazegami,
Happy Birthday to you

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.08.2023, 10:46 AM.

07.08.2023, 10:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by arren18
I know there's a part where they watch a music performance on TV, and I believe that's Ue o Muite Arukou. I think there may be another point or two where it comes up as background music
==========================

OK, Umi's family is watching Kyu Sakamoto singing 'Ue o Muite Arukou' on the TV as she is trying to fix dinner. Umi tries to get her sisters to make a run to the store and they whine, so she goes and happens to meet Shun outside her gate and he gives her a ride on his bicycle while the music continues...(at about the 24 minute mark)...

Later, During the time while Umi and Shun are returning From visiting the Chairman in Tokyo, there is a short clip of the music...(about 1hr 10min)...

With my DVD Set, there is an accompanying CD with the different musical sound tracks and "I Shall Walk Looking Up" is track 8...

Yeah, there were tearful parts of the story for me again as well as well...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.08.2023, 06:41 PM.

07.08.2023, 06:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yes, that was the scene I was thinking of!

I should give it a rewatch myself one day.

07.09.2023, 04:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Right now, listening to the "Happy Birthday" song in my mind....

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Kazegami,
Happy Birthday to you

You remembered! Thanks Husky

My Anime List

07.09.2023, 09:02 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Remembered what???, Kaz

Lol, Luckily, my brain is something that is still working, working, working,(click)..

Not Bad for the Old Guy

07.09.2023, 09:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh, happy birthday Kaz!

07.09.2023, 11:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

A medley of Johnny Cash with June Carter and the Carter Family, Statler Bros and Carl Perkins songs... Singing along with some of them...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.09.2023, 08:04 PM.

09.09.2023, 07:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Now listening to: The Limeliters; Glenn Yarborough; the Brothers Four; The Kingston Trio; Judy Collins; The Highwaymen and The Smothers Brothers... And I remember ALL of their songs...

And as the cameras were panning over the audience, they, like me, were singing along... lol

(edit: Punctuation)

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.14.2023, 02:50 AM.

09.10.2023, 03:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
toriforiumu
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been listening to so much pop recently, a lot of angsty teenager girl pop music lol.... with high school bumming me out angsty music definitely helps me get through the day, specifically Olivia Rodrigos new album, but other than that when studying I've been listening to Chopin, Kazumi Tateishi Trio, and Josh Kyan Aalampour

09.13.2023, 11:51 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
[  «    ...  234  235  236  237  238  239    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks