QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What are you listening to right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  233  234  235  236  237  238  239    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Coverage of the COP26 summit while I work.

My Anime List

11.02.2021, 10:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Celtic Woman- A New Journey at Slane Castle, Ireland... I've listened to this group for years and the singing is wonderful, but the Fiddler (Mairead Nesbitt) just blows me away! I'd never seen a violinost literally running and dancing around on the whole, multilevel stage as she did, all the while, playing... Fascinating to watch and listen to...

Many years ago, this was my first introduction to Celtic Woman on a PBS television station... Songs that I knew, such as 'Scarborough Fair and 'Danny Boy', and others that I'd never heard before, 'Caledonia', 'Spanish Lady' and 'Mo Ghili Mear'... Some songs in English, some in Gaelic...

I love to watch my DVD periodically... Leaves me with a good feeling inside...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.06.2021, 11:31 AM.

11.06.2021, 11:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

These have been my two personal favorite things to listen to on repeat for the past several years.

The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack.

"Weathering With You" AND "Your Name." Soundtracks.
Both by RADWIMPS

Something about these soundtracks just always make me feel hopeful and inspire wonder.. Always good things in my book!

Post last edited by ButaPairotto on 11.16.2021, 09:40 AM.

11.16.2021, 09:40 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ButaPairotto
These have been my two personal favorite things to listen to on repeat for the past several years.

The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack.

"Weathering With You" AND "Your Name." Soundtracks.
Both by RADWIMPS

Something about these soundtracks just always make me feel hopeful and inspire wonder.. Always good things in my book!

Nice choices. The LOTR soundtrack is pretty phenomenal. So evocative of that world.

Y'know, I didn't mind Weathering With You but it did feel like one long RADWIMPS music video at times. Definitely preferred Your Name.

My Anime List

11.16.2021, 12:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haha yeah I can see that about weathering with you. For me there's just something special about Your Name. I can't even point out what it is, but it's just better than Weathering.

11.16.2021, 01:50 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'd agree with that too. It felt a bit like because the RADWIMPS soundtrack worked once, they did pretty much the same thing again, but it just wasn't as effective the second time around. I still enjoyed the film, but also not as much as Your Name.

11.17.2021, 09:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Utada Hikaru's new song Kimi ni Muuchu. So good, and such a nostalgic artist.

12.14.2021, 01:26 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

John Denver's "Garden Song"...

12.14.2021, 02:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Listening to two songs on repeat.

-Turn On the Light by Karen O, Danger Mouse

-Last Scene by Masaki Suda

12.14.2021, 05:39 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meat Loaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

I was sad to hear the news today about Meat Loaf dying. And just a few months after Jim Steinman, who wrote his most famous songs...

01.21.2022, 02:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Listening, and singing along with, Oldies from the 1950's with many of the original groups.... The Four Preps; The Diamonds; The McGuire Sisters; with Debbie Reynolds; Tony Bennett; the Four Aces; Rosemary Clooney and many others that I loved then and do now..

03.04.2022, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Boards of Canada - Satellite Anthem Icarus

I also randomly was looking up the openings to Inuyasha, it's not my favourite, but apart from Ghibli it was my gateway into anime.

06.20.2022, 11:00 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good seeing you again, Farren LTNS

06.21.2022, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The Wolf's Rain OST, again. It's a good one.

My Anime List

07.20.2022, 12:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Not right now, but last night I was listening to "Mannheim Steamroller 30/40" Have always loved their sound...

10.09.2022, 10:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
iwatchmovies
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.09.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by iwatchmovies Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust

10.17.2022, 09:58 PM iwatchmovies is offline   Profile for iwatchmovies Add iwatchmovies to your buddy list Homepage of iwatchmovies
Edin Kaso
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.17.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Edin Kaso Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A lot of Final Fantasy and Ghibli music recently. I'm actually trying to compile a giant playlist with those kinds of sounds

10.17.2022, 10:13 PM Edin Kaso is offline   Profile for Edin Kaso Add Edin Kaso to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

lot of the old Folk Songs from my younger days... 60's,70's and more.

Blowin' in the Wind; If I had a Hammer; Lemon Tree; Eve of Destruction; Waltzin' Matilda; A Worried Man; Leavin' on a Jet Plane; Where Have All The Flowers Gone; Banana Boat Song; Oh, Danny Boy and many, MANY more that I could fill this posting box full of titles and I was singing along with most of them... Amazing that I still remembered the words

12.03.2022, 04:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Have a few songs on repeat the past few months:

- Sono Inochi ( そのいのち ) by Kaho Nakamura
- Anything by the group Sakanaction
- Munch (Feelin' U) by Ice Spice
- Inner Blue by Pasocom Music Club
- One Last Kiss by Hikaru Utada

Post last edited by ButaPairotto on 12.09.2022, 10:48 AM.

12.09.2022, 10:46 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Horizon by Telomic & Notelle

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.22.2022, 01:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  233  234  235  236  237  238  239    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks