QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you doing right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you doing right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Man, I can't even put eyeliner on like a girl.... D':

It's an amazement I can even use makeup. Sure, I can dress properly in full kimono, but I can't figure out how to wear makeup on my face?! And for someone who likes art so much, you think I'd want to figure it all out...

At least I know how to wear mascara. XD My friend doesn't. She insists on wearing it but it clumps so bad on her, it winds up all over her eyelids. I just wear a little bit and take a lot of precision with it. Hand mirrors really help too. And I love my BB cream... now if only I could find a powder that isn't too dark for my skin (I found one with two ways of wearing it and more, and it has a rose pattern... IT'S SO PURDY).

Guy eyeliner is hot...

07.22.2012, 07:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll pass... lol

07.23.2012, 03:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF

No comments

>

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.23.2012, 05:59 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

XD I'm sorry. People always teased me and called me a lesbian because I was attracted to men who wore makeup and also dressed effeminately.

07.23.2012, 10:36 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
XD I'm sorry. People always teased me and called me a lesbian because I was attracted to men who wore makeup and also dressed effeminately.

Yo FFF
i did not meant anything near that.

Actually i have a little sister of 8 years. For her i know the names of all kind of cosmetics and makeup.
So i said no comments cause i know how girls feel about these things. I actually find it quite funny.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.23.2012, 01:02 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In retrospect, most guys don't like heavy makeup on girls. Just fyi.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.23.2012, 11:23 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Ahaha, guys think they don't like lots of make-up on girls.

That 'natural' look requires a myriad of foundations, concealers, blushers, bronzers, eyeshadows, mascaras and eyeliners that would make many men reel. And that is discounting all the 'prep' items involved.

I don't wear a huge amount on a day to day basis but I'd still never go out without basic foundation and mascara. I envy the girls who have the confidence to do so, but well, every girl I know wears at least a little.

07.30.2012, 10:12 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Ahaha, guys think they don't like lots of make-up on girls.

That 'natural' look requires a myriad of foundations, concealers, blushers, bronzers, eyeshadows, mascaras and eyeliners that would make many men reel. And that is discounting all the 'prep' items involved.

I don't wear a huge amount on a day to day basis but I'd still never go out without basic foundation and mascara. I envy the girls who have the confidence to do so, but well, every girl I know wears at least a little.

Hey NC

how many cosmetics and makeups there in the world?

And Would you explain that NATURAL look a little bit more. Cause when i see the make up over a girls face well that is not natural.

We guys take care of our looks as well you know. We bath and wash our faces everyday, wear nice and clean cloth and a little bit body-spray does the work for the day. So i find it a little bit funny why SOME girls need makeup. You know when i see the overtuned eye-brows of girl i find her very similar to a witch. I actually do not know why. Two side by side photos could make it a little bit clearer .but that would just make you more angry . hahaha.

07.30.2012, 10:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah Saviour I totally agree that when girls wear way too much make-up, regardless of situation, it is extremely unattractive. Those giant drawn on eyebrows which are the trend at the moment in particular are pretty gross I think. My point was merely that what guys think of as the 'natural' look often involves a lot more work than guys think.

The natural look is referred to as a 'look' because it is just one way of applying make up. It usually involves very tame coloured eyeshadows, brown eyeliner and minimal mascara. Just a little pale blush and lip balm. And of course foundation and concealer - some people use highlighter creams as well. All of this when put together gives the impression of a woman who is wearing very little make-up and is naturally that pretty, whilst in fact there is plenty that goes into it.

Of course there are many, many girls who do indeed wear no make up but all the girls I know do.

For me I don't even see it as a bad thing - I feel far better about myself when my make-up is nice, just as I would if I was wearing a pretty dress or I'd just had a fresh shower. Maybe it is superficial but it doesn't harm anybody.

07.30.2012, 11:47 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe I've always differentiated between heavy make-up and full make-up for some reason. The former, being the kind you don't want.

I don't use much on myself, other than eye-liner, and mascara/eye-shadow/lip gloss if I'm feeling colourful. Concealer if I'm in need of it. Full make-up feels icky to me, but if done right, it can be really pretty ^^

Oh and Kaz, guys in eye-liner ftw xD It's not a preferred aesthetic, but I can appreciate it when well-done.

07.30.2012, 01:27 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Ah Saviour I totally agree that when girls wear way too much make-up, regardless of situation, it is extremely unattractive. Those giant drawn on eyebrows which are the trend at the moment in particular are pretty gross I think. My point was merely that what guys think of as the 'natural' look often involves a lot more work than guys think.

The natural look is referred to as a 'look' because it is just one way of applying make up. It usually involves very tame coloured eyeshadows, brown eyeliner and minimal mascara. Just a little pale blush and lip balm. And of course foundation and concealer - some people use highlighter creams as well. All of this when put together gives the impression of a woman who is wearing very little make-up and is naturally that pretty, whilst in fact there is plenty that goes into it.

Of course there are many, many girls who do indeed wear no make up but all the girls I know do.

For me I don't even see it as a bad thing - I feel far better about myself when my make-up is nice, just as I would if I was wearing a pretty dress or I'd just had a fresh shower. Maybe it is superficial but it doesn't harm anybody.

I agree with you NC about the thing that looking nice is not bad at any case.

And thanks for saying how witchy the eyebrows look, i thought you would disagree as you did when i said looking sexy is a bad thing.

However i am a guy after all. It makes me laugh every time. Do you know why. It is because when ever i think about any girly cosmetics i do not know why, i try imagine how it would look on me. And then Just laugh laugh and laugh. Right now i am thinking about the description you wrote and laughing. But cant laugh loud cause everyone will then suspect what i read that was so funny.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.30.2012, 01:31 PM.

07.30.2012, 01:31 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My boyfriend goes into drugstores and tests out tthe makeup with a serious face on. Then complains that everything is too light for his skin tone.

I wear a natural brown mascara, lip balm and Korean BB cream. :B I have natural eyebrows but I don't like them.. much. As far as natural looks, the look is fine for me. I use the BB cream to even out my skin and I like its appearance after it sets in. I don't need mascara, but I like it, however it's beginning to make my eyelashes clump and I think it's time for a new one.

But I've seen girls with tons of makeup. TONS. And just to use for that natural look. I'm horrible with it, and I thank the heavens there's BB cream because I'd never make due with foundations and stuff like that. XD I just want something simple like it. Haven't tried the new western BB creams but I recently got one to try. However, it contains TD and that makes me wary...

I'm new to wearing makeup. XD I only want it to look a little more doll-like. I look sickly when wearing eyeshadow, and eyeliner does nothing.

Oh yeah, I commonly don't wear makeup. lol BB cream is really light.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.30.2012, 11:44 PM.

07.30.2012, 11:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, I never wear anything too heavy. I don't like skin makeup, the feel of it. I do sometimes put on a little bit of a pale foundation though, if I'm feeling self-conscious about my skin. My skin's never been great, I don't know what to do with it.

If I'm going into town or university or anything though I almost always put on eye makeup, either just eyeliner or eyeliner and eyeshadow, either black or plum. My plum eyeshadow's been a favourite for the last few years. The colour and way I do it's good for making that slightly ill look that I like. If I'm feeling particularly like a goth child, then black it is. /emo fifteen-year-old at heart forever

I don't use mascara.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.31.2012, 12:59 PM.

07.31.2012, 12:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kaz, you might like the BB cream I use then. D: You won't feel it at all. Mind it will keep you from tanning and whiten your skin, and it smells nice. XD I just rub it in.

I tried a drugstore brand BB cream today... I can feel it. D': But it blends in super well, yet it doesn't cover as much as my Korean brand does.

I go out without makeup. Most of the time I wear it since it takes me maybe 5 minutes top to put it on. :B

Now, if I could only do my hair...

07.31.2012, 07:14 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to my X-husband talk about the difference between fallen angels and demons...

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.02.2012, 04:30 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
My boyfriend goes into drugstores and tests out tthe makeup with a serious face on. Then complains that everything is too light for his skin tone.

I wear a natural brown mascara, lip balm and Korean BB cream. :B I have natural eyebrows but I don't like them.. much. As far as natural looks, the look is fine for me. I use the BB cream to even out my skin and I like its appearance after it sets in. I don't need mascara, but I like it, however it's beginning to make my eyelashes clump and I think it's time for a new one.

But I've seen girls with tons of makeup. TONS. And just to use for that natural look. I'm horrible with it, and I thank the heavens there's BB cream because I'd never make due with foundations and stuff like that. XD I just want something simple like it. Haven't tried the new western BB creams but I recently got one to try. However, it contains TD and that makes me wary...

I'm new to wearing makeup. XD I only want it to look a little more doll-like. I look sickly when wearing eyeshadow, and eyeliner does nothing.

I hardly ever leave the house without eyeliner. I've never worn powder or foundation but I wear Aveeno face lotion everyday. I've wondered about the BB cream. I looked up the Korean BB cream on amazon today there is a lot of different kinds.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.02.2012, 09:39 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet
quote:

I hardly ever leave the house without eyeliner. I've never worn powder or foundation but I wear Aveeno face lotion everyday. I've wondered about the BB cream. I looked up the Korean BB cream on amazon today there is a lot of different kinds.

Yeah, there's tons of different brands from Korea. I don't know if the US has any out yet, but Canada does. My BB cream is from Etude House.

My friend uses one in a large fat pink bottle (I have no idea the brand but it's popular). She had the same one as me from Etude, but it was too dark for her skin. Missha is also a popular brand.

The Korean brands also have a pleasant scent to them the Canadian one I have lacks. I also experienced a bad breakout in spots from the Maybelline brand, but that can be due to other factors.

EDIT: Oh! Speaking of eyeliner, I own a Japanese liner and have for a long time now. XD For some reason it amazes anyone I show it to because it's like a mini brush. But I can't use it.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.02.2012, 11:02 PM.

08.02.2012, 11:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

right now I am watching the Olympics on TV. Watched swimming and now women's gymnastics. I believe that it was the girl from China and now a Russian girl. Waiting for Gabby Douglas to perform. Damn, she came close to going outside the line on her two tumbling passes... OMG! Beautiful!!! Her last pass, the dismount was beautiful!!! And now her teammate Alee got a great score 15.133 that ties for the bronze. Now Russia again, Komova did great,

Watched Phelps take a gold and Lochte take a silver, but I think that it was unfair that Lochte had to swim a second 200m race only 1/2 hour after the 200m breast stroke.... He definitely wasn't at his best, that is for sure...

Now Missy Franklin swimming again...

08.03.2012, 02:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The website I buy my kimono from... D':

The modern kimono section has a lot of brown and green background kimonos. WANT. SO. BAD. And I can wear those whenever. Ugggghhh. I didn't even REALIZE that he had some in those colours... I want one so bad to go with my bag and parasol.

And they're on sale for the most part. T3T All I'd need is a golden obi, if I could find one (like a nagoya obi). efgjrtgjthihjijhjj

My love for this stuff... sometimes creeps me out.

08.06.2012, 02:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Asking myself why I'm still awake, or something like that.

My Anime List

08.10.2012, 07:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks