QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Ghost in the Shell 2 - InnocencePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is there any chance of this title being re-released with some English dubbing?

01.24.2005, 10:09 AM  
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am not sure about what Dreamworks is going to do in the future. But at present there is no plan announced on the issue of English dubbing.

By the way someone enquired Dreamworks on the matter of subtitles and got this reply:

quote:
Thank you for contacting us. Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Dreamworks Home Entertainment strive to provide the highest standard of product and customer care.

The 'Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence' DVD contains two English captions/subtitle tracks. The first translates the Japanese dialogue, which is heard on the main audio track. The second track is a transcription of the optional audio commentary by Director Mamoru Oshii and Animation Director Toshihko Nishikubo.

Our DVD products are captioned in English using Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired, (SDH). This ensures compatibility with all DVD players and TVs. Many older model DVD players are unable to output the Closed Captioning signal, and the majority of TVs manufactured before 1994 did not have Closed Captioning decoders built-in.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will continue to enjoy Dreamworks and Universal products.

Sincerely,
Universal Studios Home Entertainment

01.24.2005, 11:31 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

According to another source, they apparently didnt bother with dubbing because the ones watching would most probably want it subbed instead of dubbed anyway. BUt it could be rumours, since my friend never actually provided any links.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.28.2005, 09:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
MilkManX
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MilkManX Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I read Dreamworks is treating this as a foreign film and as such their standard is not to dub over the original voice track.

That is why it is sub only.

03.08.2005, 04:41 PM MilkManX is offline   Profile for MilkManX Add MilkManX to your buddy list
hawkeyepierce
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hawkeyepierce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

they did the same with the first ghost in the shell didn't they? but due to popularity didn't they come out with an english dub later on?

03.27.2005, 01:32 AM hawkeyepierce is offline   Profile for hawkeyepierce Add hawkeyepierce to your buddy list Homepage of hawkeyepierce
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard rumours of a dub coming along.

Then again, I got no official ource, so I can't confirm.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.01.2005, 11:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
feureau
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by feureau Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghost in the Shell was not a dreamworks release, and yes, there is a dubbed version available.
Though I'd prefer to see animes undubbed, since the dubbed voice actors sounds terrible when matched to the visual. (even disney released ghibli ones) and they often get creative and change the translation. it's just annoying and I think disrespective of the original artists. (voice actors and the rest of the crew)

So, I'd much prefer dreamworks not dub innocence, since with the amount of philosophy in there, they'd just screw it up in order to 'adapt' it for american audience.

04.29.2005, 12:38 PM feureau is offline   Profile for feureau Add feureau to your buddy list Send an Email to feureau Homepage of feureau Add feureau to your contact list AIM Screenname: Feureau YIM Screenname: feureau@yahoo.com
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A dub would be nice for those who wish to concentrate more on the fantastic visuals. Also if the original Ghost in the Shell is available in dubbed format, it would be silly not to extend the same option to its sequel.

Of course, some people may find the dub easier to follow too.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

02.05.2006, 05:46 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

after watching the g.i.t.s 2 film it would be very helpful to listen to it in english cause i didn't understand it much while reading the subs and watchin

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

02.08.2006, 01:23 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm i would like to know when they will release a german version of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
-.-

03.06.2006, 05:43 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
InnocencePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would rather they didn't dub Innocence, the japanese version is very good. In most cases, when companies dub foriegn films they end up horribly performed. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence 2 is out either now or soon. Check that out for sure.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.09.2006, 06:44 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Myhrddin
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.23.06
  GITS :: Innocence - EnglishPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Myhrddin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As I understand it, Innocence was released on DVD in the UK dubbed in english in Feb 2006. Using the cast from the TV series who do the english version.

As far as a US Release though, I've heard nothing. Hopefully it will not be too much longer though. While I have and enjoy the currently available version, I would like to just be able to watch the movie and not have to play the eye-jangle goin' between words and image.

The english voice cast is excellent and I feel certain that it was very well done.

03.23.2006, 10:27 PM Myhrddin is offline   Profile for Myhrddin Add Myhrddin to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Wait, from what I know, the dub version is already out long time ago; last year, in fact.

Besides, not all dubs are bad. Cardcaptor Sakura, though butchered, has got great voice acting, as does Gundam Seed and Destiny, and some say Cowboy Bebop has got pretty decent dubs.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.23.2006, 11:16 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
project2501
Tanuki

YES YESPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY!!!

they released it in germany finally ^^

someone must hear my prayers ^^

yay yay

<('.'<) !cheer! (>'.')> !cheer! v('.'v) !cheer! ^('.' ^) !YAY!

cya

Post last edited by project2501 on 04.03.2006, 04:36 PM.

04.03.2006, 04:35 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
project2501
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O.O

what a movie

i bought it yesterday
when i had opened the main menu, i were almost falled into consciousness because of the music.

oh yay what a movie O.O

05.04.2006, 08:31 AM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by project2501
YAY!!!

they released it in germany finally ^^

someone must hear my prayers ^^

yay yay

<'.'< !cheer! (>'.')> !cheer! v('.'v) !cheer! ^('.' ^) !YAY!

cya

Already?!*lol*

Yeah,I finally got the chance to watch it,my first impression:it is very good

05.08.2006, 05:26 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks