QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - WALL-E
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » WALL-E » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  WALL-EPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone watched the new Pixar film? I took a break today to go see it, and I just returned from this remarkable film. With Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and WALL-E behind their belts, Pixar is becoming a force to be reckoned with. Especially compared to the artistically devoid team at Dreamworks. Perhaps not up to Ghibli's stature yet, but a few more films of the same quality and they'll be there.

This is my review -> http://omohide.com/31/review-wall-e-by-pixar/

Post last edited by Theowne on 06.29.2008, 09:00 PM.

06.29.2008, 08:11 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh! Oh! I have wanted to see this since I saw the preview!! But I haven't yet, waaa...

07.02.2008, 06:42 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to see it.
Its gotten incredible reviews as well.
But I might not be able to until August.

Kinda looking forward to the Dark Night more though.

07.04.2008, 06:50 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, it's been one of the best reviewed films of the year. They're even talking about a Best Picture nomination, even though I doubt that's going to happen.

I saw a few other films that day, "Hancock" and the new Indiana Jones, and let's just say that they only made WALL-E look better.

07.06.2008, 07:46 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really liked the love story aspect of Wall-E, but I don't know, I guess I was less enamored with the dystopian stuff. Probably because I found it a lot harder to care for the human characters. Don't get me wrong, it was a great movie, but I would've liked it better had the "fate of humanity" subplot been a little more substantial.

For the love story alone, I wouldn't hesitate to place it among the best in the Pixar canon.

07.06.2008, 10:57 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What can I say... I liked it... No reasons specifically, just enjoyable.... I guess I liked the different intonations of the word "Wall-EEE" by Eve...

07.09.2008, 01:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks like a good film. Not in a rush to see it but thats mainly because 2008 seems to be a good year for films. My priorities have been on Prince Caspian.

07.10.2008, 03:54 PM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen WALL-E. It was just about as awesome as Ratitoulle (hope I spelt it right) except I might like Ratitoulle better.

Check out my music:

07.26.2008, 09:59 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I really liked the love story aspect of Wall-E, but I don't know, I guess I was less enamored with the dystopian stuff. Probably because I found it a lot harder to care for the human characters. Don't get me wrong, it was a great movie, but I would've liked it better had the "fate of humanity" subplot been a little more substantial.

For the love story alone, I wouldn't hesitate to place it among the best in the Pixar canon.

At the end of the day, though I loved the film, I do think that a full length film that was like the first half would have been a true classic. An animated love story with nearly no dialogue or human characters, taking place in the future, between two robots. But, I still think the film is great.

07.27.2008, 10:11 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, I saw this today! Loved it. I have to admit that it is definitely much better than the other summer movies out there thus far.

07.28.2008, 09:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At work today I had to drive into the Los Angeles area and I saw a n old, ratty looking mini pick-up truck on the freeway. It had a piece of plywood for a tailgate and had these words writen on it...

"want metal... WALL-E"

thought that it was funny...

07.31.2008, 02:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Evey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I´m looking forward to see it!!!I saw the trailer about a month ago and can´t wait to see it ...hope it come soon here in my country

07.31.2008, 01:43 PM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah I saw WALL-E and loved it!! Love the lil guy, sooo cute and funny! The special effects and animation in the movie were awesome! And the storyline is sweet. Funny how WALL-E can't say "Eve" so he says "Eva" instead!

08.01.2008, 02:37 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Yubaba
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.02.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yubaba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It probably had the best animation that I've ever seen, we already knew that Pixar was the gold-standard in animation, but now they just out did themselves. Wall-E, to me, is a classic movie and I'll be the first to buy it when its released on DVD. The love story was great and the movie didn't get too preachy either. <3

08.02.2008, 11:14 AM Yubaba is offline   Profile for Yubaba Add Yubaba to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oohhh! I saw this movie the other day, and thought it was soo cute! I especially liked the novelty of it, that it was basically a silent film with not much dialouge. I was thoroughly impressed with the animation, pixar really outdid themselved this time! I actually liked it better than Ratatouille (did I spell that right?). The only bad part about the theater experience (and it was really amazing seeing it on the big screen), was that I had to go with my parents, little sister and her annoying bratty friends who didnt even want to see WALL-E (they though it was for little kids or something.) They wanted to see something else, and the whole time the movie was going on, they were whispering about the movie that they were going to see the next day. They didnt even appreciate the spectacle that was going on right in front of them. Brats. So, I was really impressed, but my family and sister's little friends were anything but. "There was no talking!" "It was just plain weird!" "Cute, but I wouldnt see it again/buy it on DVD." Stuff like that. Ticks me off. People do not appreciate the art of animated movies anymore. They think animated movie= babysitter for little kids. That's just what I think anyway. Anyways, I really liked WALL-E and think that it was one of the best computer animated movies of the year from the US. (Ponyo is the best traditionally animated! Yay, Ponyo!)

08.15.2008, 02:43 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh! I just saw it! It was cool!

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
At the end of the day, though I loved the film, I do think that a full length film that was like the first half would have been a true classic.

Me too. I thought the second half made it weaker. But it was still quite clever - like most Pixar films - and at times I was astonished by its audacity. In a good way. But I'm a sucker for environmentalist undertones

08.16.2008, 02:24 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Look like I'll be going to see it again soon! lol Cuz my sister wants to see it too!

08.16.2008, 12:34 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Evey
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I´m gonna see it on Monday!!!!! Finally

08.16.2008, 01:34 PM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
Evey
Kodama

I´ve seen it today and I like it very much)) ...it is a nice love story Wall-E and Eva create a nice non-human couple - adorable , but I really didn´t like the vision of our future life,it was disgusting,everybody looked like BIG FAT BABY ...I´m glad I won´t end like this,because I´m not going to stay alive for such a long time

08.18.2008, 01:24 PM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Evey
I´ve seen it today and I like it very much)) ...it is a nice love story Wall-E and Eva create a nice non-human couple - adorable , but I really didn´t like the vision of our future life,it was disgusting,everybody looked like BIG FAT BABY ...I´m glad I won´t end like this,because I´m not going to stay alive for such a long time

Yeah I know I have to agree with you about the bit where they show the vision of our future life, that part kinda spoilt it a little in a way with all these disgusting looking over sized people It was kinda amusing and funny in some parts though but I think it would have been better if they had maybe shown that stuff a bit less.

08.19.2008, 01:48 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks