QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ah, cliche, cliche!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ah, cliche, cliche! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Ah, cliche, cliche!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone noticed that the majority of animes out there have similar characteristics?

Like lead girl parts almost always are either someone that is exceptionally clumsy, or dreamy. And then again, they could be both.

With this part, there's usually someone to counteract them, or think that they're dumb . . .

Has anyone else noticed any cliches? I'm not really annoyed by them at all - I sorta just noticed them, rather.

Oh yes! And a lot of animes start with love songs, even though in the actual anime nobody falls in love.

07.26.2008, 01:35 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At least 70% of songs from anywhere are love songs

And yes, it not just a common trait, it's a common theme. Popularity of any one theme will result in copycats in every other anime. It's just like back in the eighties when mecha anime ruled the screens, and magical girls rule the nineties.

I guess romance comedy rule the new milennium's first decade.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.26.2008, 02:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree, from the stuff that I have seen, and most of it being as new as possible, its a majority of love triangles and comedies and love triangle comedies. Its a little ridiculous, but still. Even with the copy cats some do the job better than the others. Originality really has taken a hit, thats why when some amazing series like a Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Ni Kai comes along, it is so good because of the originality and that it isnt a romantic comedy. It has some humour at good spots which is good to break up the pace, but it doesnt fall into a mold which is nice.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.26.2008, 09:49 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We could have some fun with this and 'write' or at least think up a really cliched anime storyline, using all the common themes and ideas.

07.27.2008, 03:16 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh gosh, you're right, that could be fun!

07.27.2008, 03:34 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Har har...

One idea at a time maybe?

I'll start.

The setting is modern day Tokyo. The rest of Japan is borning, ne? It could be a cutsey rural seaside town in Hokkaido but no, this is Tokyo.

07.27.2008, 03:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ahh
and the main character is a ditsy female highschool student who on her way to..or from school meets a tall dashing guy
who captivates her entirely..

07.27.2008, 03:59 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She finds out that he is in fact transferring to her school that / the next day . . .

07.27.2008, 04:44 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Then that morning as he is introduced to the class, she blushes and pointedly looks out the window...

07.27.2008, 04:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The teacher, upon looking around the room finds the only empty seat is next to the girl and prompts the boy to go sit there.

07.27.2008, 05:07 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And turns out that he is a forgotten childhood friend (can't get any more cliched than that).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.27.2008, 05:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yay! Kiki
Baron

The boy had been mysteriously taken away when he was younger . . .

07.27.2008, 01:03 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To be trained in the art of piloting giant robots.

(Okay, maybe I shouldn't be in on this.)

07.27.2008, 05:22 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

he tells her why he had to leave and about him having to help fight a secret corparation (while piloting a giant robot) who want dominance over the world, and she asks if he can show her the robot.
he does...

07.27.2008, 09:05 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

When he does, she stands in classic intimidated anime girl pose, and at first is afraid of the robot. . . and then the boy climbs in to pilot it . . . (oh yay, this is fun! )

07.28.2008, 12:51 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

she gasps at the robot as it shoots through the air flipping round and soaring through the sky

07.28.2008, 08:24 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Later, after he lands, she asks if she could try it herself. He replies that she can, but only with the training that the secret corporation can give. She joins up with her mindreading pet ferret and they and the boy become a great, evil fighting duo...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.29.2008, 12:35 AM.

07.29.2008, 12:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

(And neither of them ever stop to wonder why they did this all so spur-of-the-monent-ly.)

Until the guy that wants to take over the world intervenes, sending out monster after monster, all working for him . . .

07.29.2008, 01:39 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And none of the teachers at their school seem to bother to contact their parents about why they are skipping so many classes... because of course, they don't have parents - despite being only 14/15 they of course both live alone... why they do so is never mentioned nor explained.

07.29.2008, 02:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The two enter yet another battle which seems impossible to win yet they do win and are left at death's doorstep when this lone air ship that seems to be the only force fighting against the bad guy and finds and takes them in.

07.29.2008, 02:15 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks