QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Avatar Finale A. K. A. Sozin's comet
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Avatar Finale A. K. A. Sozin's comet » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Avatar Finale A. K. A. Sozin's cometPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not really sure wether I should've put this thread in Anime in General or not, but anyway, If you're a big Avatar fan like me then I'd like to hear what you liked most about the finale, like favorite line, scene, or just something you liked or thought was funny. Nothing has to be a favorite, I could just be something you liked or enjoyed. So, yeah... Tea anyone???

Check out my music:

08.04.2008, 09:23 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really anime, but meh.

Nope, sorry, haven't seen it. Latest I saw was ep 15.

08.04.2008, 10:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really anime? Why, is it live-action?

08.04.2008, 10:53 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's not Japanese. I've only seen bits of it, so I don't know if it's good. It looks like it could be alright, but I get the impression it's another of those really long series.

08.04.2008, 12:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yubaba
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.02.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yubaba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne

No, its animated, but its not Japanese.

I loved the last scene, a perfect ending to a (very-close-to) perfect series. :D

08.04.2008, 12:48 PM Yubaba is offline   Profile for Yubaba Add Yubaba to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is mayonnaise not mayonnaise unless it's made in France?

....this feels familiar. I think we debated this once already.

08.04.2008, 02:52 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think we did, and the mayo comparison does not hold up.

Avatar is anime-inspired but it's not anime since it's not made in Japan. 'Anime' is the Japanese word for animation, yes, but by common useage I think it has now come to mean (in the west) animation made in Japan.

If Avatar is anime, so is Snow White. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.04.2008, 03:12 PM.

08.04.2008, 03:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

quote:
If Avatar is anime, so is Snow White. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Except that all anime has general defining characteristics in terms of artwork, color palettes and various other features which make the differences immediately noticeable. "Avatar" shares many of these features, Snow White does not. That seems to be as clear a line as any. It also seems to share characteristics with its Japanese counterparts, AKA having a clear beginning and end rather than being primarily episodic.

In the end, semantic differences are mostly meaningless, but that is my opinion.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.04.2008, 03:25 PM.

08.04.2008, 03:17 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think that it really matters whether it's Japanese or not - anime is anime, right? If it's good, and the same style, then I don't think that it should really matter. Anime is just anime. And I don't think that it really matters where it comes from, as long as it's anime, eh?

08.04.2008, 04:41 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think theres a name for western animation inspired and sort like anime but the name is...
somthing like...
ummm
ana...somthing or other.. slipped my mind

08.04.2008, 06:34 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Zuko and Azula's Agni Kai was pretty awesome and the music matched perfectly.

Check out my music:

08.05.2008, 08:38 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yubaba
quote:
Originally posted by Theowne

No, its animated, but its not Japanese.

I loved the last scene, a perfect ending to a (very-close-to) perfect series.

I agree

Check out my music:

08.25.2008, 10:43 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I cant rember which episoide it is but i know its near the end. Any way i like the bit were King Boomie (i think you spell it like that) says "there some one important missing.... WERES MOMO"

08.27.2008, 11:15 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Evey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kitsunejr
I cant rember which episoide it is but i know its near the end. Any way i like the bit were King Boomie (i think you spell it like that) says "there some one important missing.... WERES MOMO"

I couldn´t stop laughing when he said that!

09.11.2008, 12:39 PM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Evey
quote:
Originally posted by kitsunejr

I couldn´t stop laughing when he said that!

Same Hehe

09.11.2008, 03:39 PM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks