QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Game: Ninokuni
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Studio Ghibli Game: Ninokuni Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Studio Ghibli Game: NinokuniPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Studio Ghibli teams up for gaming goodness...in Japan

The latest issue of Famitsu gaming magazine has revealed that Studio Ghibli will be teaming up with Level5 for a new game called Ninokuni.

The game will initially be released on the Nintendo DS but will be jumping onto consoles as well. Platforms are to be determined.

Studio Ghibli will be handling all of the animation.

Don't expect this one to be released anywhere in the Western World or in English though.

10.01.2008, 08:16 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a big risk Ghibli is taking. I hope it's successful, or they might go belly up.
And I need my quality Anime.

10.01.2008, 02:56 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Isn't this the same game as the other one mentioned already?? (at least I know the Japanese title)

And what makes you think it won't be successful, Shawn? ._. It seems pretty interesting to me. ^^ Its likely to have quite a few people into it, maybe not at first, but still. It sounds really awesome to me. I told my friend about it and she seemed to get overly excited too, though she'll never play it. (lol, I'd buy the Japanese edition, even though I'd never be able to play it XD OK, maybe not never. I'd find some way of figuring it out. I can only read a bit of some hiragana and some kanji..)

Dang, now I want it more than ever. >.<

10.01.2008, 05:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i really am disapointed, i think they should just stick to the original cel animations, come on, Studio ghibli games?!?!? crazy, i think this is a childrens game anyways ages 5-10

10.02.2008, 09:27 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I don't doubt that it'll be successful. Whether it'll actually be any good or not is a different matter altogether.

10.02.2008, 11:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shall be good! I can feel it, as it looks rather awesome.

10.02.2008, 08:37 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yea....i have this urge to buy it even though i don't even have a DS!

10.03.2008, 06:44 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6SR72fVNM

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10.09.2008, 08:15 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Epic. That's so awesome! *plans on buying it somehow even if it doesn't end up in the US* After all, that's what learning Japanese is for, yeah? xD

Yay! That sounds so immensely awesome!

10.10.2008, 12:01 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It looks really good!

quote:
Originally posted by filter
crazy, i think this is a childrens game anyways ages 5-10

I really doubt that it's aimed solely at kids that young, just considering the fact it's an RPG.

10.10.2008, 03:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
It looks really good!

quote:

I really doubt that it's aimed solely at kids that young, just considering the fact it's an RPG.

I'd have to agree with Filter. That's why I think it won't be that huge...
Not many guys are into chibbi characters or games with kids in them...

10.10.2008, 04:51 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
quote:
It looks really good!

quote:

And you say this in spite of the ridiculous popularity of Pokemon? I'm sure a few people here would object to you saying "guys" too...

10.10.2008, 05:13 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woow that's soo cool!! I'm going to have to buy it somehow.... And learn Japanese somehow... AAAUGH!!! WHY CANT MY SCHOOL TEACH JAPANESE??!! I want to learn it... waah... But I have to take Spanish because it's 'practical'.

10.10.2008, 06:18 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Yay! Kiki
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
quote:
It looks really good!

quote:

But it's not chibi...

And it looks far too awesome to be a game just for kids. YAy!

10.11.2008, 03:38 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by animekittynya
Woow that's soo cool!! I'm going to have to buy it somehow.... And learn Japanese somehow... AAAUGH!!! WHY CANT MY SCHOOL TEACH JAPANESE??!! I want to learn it... waah... But I have to take Spanish because it's 'practical'.

There, there. ^^; I have to learn French, but I'd like to learn Japanese. I'm learning it apparently through hearing now. XD And can anyone tell me what Keigo is? I know sorta what it is, but Kamatani Yuhki uses it a lot.. something old, archaiac? Because I want to learn how to write like that. XD God, write like that, and learn Kansai. wtf? ...

And yeah, why only guys? ._. And I really see no problem with it having characters that are children. It's definitely appealing to me, likely because I enjoy those sort of games. I play a lot of games, and enjoy killing ones to some extent until I'm completely crazy (like me playing with a knife at Katie's and giggling like a little girl) but these games are more my time until they start developing some in the 19th century with lots of murder! >O *if they do, please tell her if you think she'd like them XD She has an obsession with anything to do with I think the later half of the 19th century*

And there is no chibi. Heck, I don't think I've come across a game with chibi. XD And it's not insanely cute so, yeah.. I have no idea, I just feel kinda riled up but have no words to express it properly.

10.11.2008, 08:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post last edited by on 07.29.2013, 11:33 PM.

07.18.2009, 12:49 AM  
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why won't this be released in English? Ghibli is pretty popular in the western world, and a lot of Japanese games are getting translated and released in English as it is. Like Professor Layton, for example. Which was also by Level 5.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.18.2009, 01:19 AM.

07.18.2009, 01:17 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, but even if people are interested, "lack of interest" tends to be more of an excuse for laziness than anything else. A lot of things aren't released outside Japan even though lots of people want them to.

It would be good if it did get released in English though.

07.18.2009, 04:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't believe this won't be in English at some point - it'd be like Ghibli and Level5 saying 'no, we don't want more money!'

Maybe they will see how Ponyo does in the US before deciding. Fingers crossed!

07.19.2009, 07:31 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The game looks beautiful, my brother and sister both own a DS so I hope they will buy it, since I want to collect everything of Ghibli because it's so beautiful.

I'm only a bit dissapointed that this isn't a movie, I'm sure they could make a beautiful movie out of this stunning animation..

07.20.2009, 09:08 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks