QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would think, and hope, that by now enough has been made of this feature of the Museum and with the lack of new releases, that something like this collection would be produced for all of the World wide fans who would never have any other opportunity to see and enjoy them...

(By 'made', I am not necessarily referring to profit, but to the attraction value)

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.06.2019, 01:56 PM.

12.06.2019, 01:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Netflix follows GKids and joins the game

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

01.20.2020, 08:29 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I notice it's Netflix UK and Ireland. I think maybe the HBO service isn't available there, so that would explain how Netflix got the deal.

01.20.2020, 08:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arren it says 190 countries elsewhere

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

01.20.2020, 10:20 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is still HBO in North America though. I guess that service is even less widespread than I realised.

01.20.2020, 07:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I read that the Ghibli catalog will be available on HBO Max in North America. Oh well, I already have them all on Blu-ray, so it doesn't really make a difference for me either way.

01.20.2020, 10:40 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

And I can always watch pirated copy. But there is a difference, if ghibli makes more $$$ chances are they can re-invest some into new animes.

01.21.2020, 08:10 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Here's some more insight on the decision-making that led to the Netflix distribution: https://soranews24.com/2020/03/09/why-di...lms-on-netflix/

03.11.2020, 05:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Here's some more insight on the decision-making that led to the Netflix distribution: https://soranews24.com/2020/03/09/why-di...lms-on-netflix/

Nice Article thanks for sharing. Yeah it seems its exactly what we thought regarding it. Its all about the money. Generally Studio Ghibli just does not give a f*** about money. But with all the streaming and stuff i think their DVD and Bluray sales must have taken a hit.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.11.2020, 02:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

In the last few years they have changed things up in a few ways, even before the Netflix deal. So I think money does matter, especially recently, as it's become more difficult to operate the way they did back in the day. It's no coincidence that they've also scaled things down lately.

03.11.2020, 07:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
In the last few years they have changed things up in a few ways, even before the Netflix deal. So I think money does matter, especially recently, as it's become more difficult to operate the way they did back in the day. It's no coincidence that they've also scaled things down lately.

I would say their biggest failure is not to bring up new talent. When i see at PIXAR i see that it has a culture that nourishes the new people. Where in Ghibli its like my way or highway.

I would have really liked if Makoto Shinkai and Mamoru Hosoda worked inside Ghibli. They are almost 70% ghibli like and Hosada even worked on Ghibli

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.12.2020, 06:41 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

While the Ghibli Museum is closed, they're putting tour videos on YouTube.

I'm not sure how long the closure is supposed to last, but I expect these will be up for a while.

05.03.2020, 08:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

A new film! This is a bit unusual, as it's the first full-length 3DCG feature, and it'll premiere on TV. It's called Aya and the Witch, and Goro will direct.

https://variety.com/2020/film/asia/studi...nhk-1234624101/

06.03.2020, 07:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

so this now confirms the rumor that there were two animes in the making.

07.03.2020, 01:22 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Oooh

https://soranews24.com/2020/09/20/studio...ownload-online/

09.22.2020, 07:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that's great! I'll take a look later.

My Anime List

09.22.2020, 09:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Thats Awesome

i am already using this one as Background.

Thanks Arren

09.22.2020, 02:14 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I viewed and enjoyed the memories of the stories depicted... Thank You...

09.22.2020, 02:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

They released some more!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-...aper-collection

10.19.2020, 08:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

They are beautiful.......!

10.19.2020, 12:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks