QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. News Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
Ghibli, Miyazaki etc. NewsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lets contributable together news related to ghibli, Miyazaki. and more.
lets cooperate with the person who has updated site.
...they will make a good article... perhaps,,maybe,,

=Event in Tokyo=
Inside Howl's Moving Castle was made full-scale.
2005.1.21-3.13
place : NTV plaza, Shiodome,Tokyo
http://www.shiodome.net/event/howl2/index.html
-please enjoy it in the photograph even if there is no chance to come to Tokyo.

Exhibition of Howl's moving Castle Great Circus
2005.4.27-8.21
place : Museum of Contemporary Art,Tokyo/Tokyoto Gendai Bijutsukan
-details are unpublished.
-this isnt Ghibli Museum, to make sure.

=EXPO 2005=
do you no EXPO2005 is held in Japan?
they buid Satsuki and Mei’s House.

official site English
http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/index.html
Expo Site > Nagakute Area > Forest Experience Zone > Satsuki and Mei's House
http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/venue/experience05.html

house photo
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...0050208b_01.jpg
father's study photo
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...0050208b_02.jpg

extra info.
Expo Sites > Corporate Pavilion Zone > Mountain of Dreams
http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/venue/pavilion_private_h.html
Mezame no Hakobune-Open Your Mind
general producer : Mamoru Oshii
-virtual image space use of floor, wall, and overhead etc.

02.11.2005, 02:19 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info. I think Satsuki and Mei's house was just completed a week ago, isn't it?

The photos of Howl's exhibition sound interesting. There are some people dressed in black. Are they the minions of the Witch of the Waste?

02.11.2005, 03:31 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oshii talks about MIyazaki.
its an interesting article,
though there is a part that the interviewer is misunderstanding.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/movies/arti...224anime24.html

"I think inside his head Miyazaki wants to destroy Japan.
but even though he knows his generation has created a nasty society,
he has this hope that children will make a better world.
so he makes movies that families and the children can enjoy."

"Sometimes I want to launch missiles into every building in Tokyo,
so I create a movie like that. I am making films about what I am
thinking about: missiles hitting buildings."

"But Miyazaki is hiding. He has a passion to destroy Japan,
but he's not making what he really wants to make."

02.25.2005, 11:07 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
Oshii talks about MIyazaki.
its an interesting article,
though there is a part that the interviewer is misunderstanding.

Hehe, not exactly. Miyazaki is in fact a publiclly recognized pessimist. Even he himself has admitted that. Also, I have read somewhere else that Miyazaki really wants to do a different and much darker film project under a fake name in another studio. Obviously the tid-bits of blood in Nausicaa and Mononoke are far from being able to satisfy all his darker wants. If he put down all his moral burdens, Totoro may become a giant godzilla that decides to elimnate the whole human race after being disillusioned with humanity, and Kiki may become a mesenger of the hell, or a mercenary mage that gets hired for killing people. (or other Oshii-esque plots you can think of)

[note: I begin to understand why Porco is one of the more personal works of Miyazaki, despite its lightheartedness]

http://www.midnighteye.com/interviews/hayao_miyazaki.shtml
quote:
Other than some Japanese animation we get to see on this side of the world, your films always express a sense of positivity, hope and a belief in the goodness of man. Is this something you consciously add to your films?

In fact, I am a pessimist. But when I'm making a film, I don't want to transfer my pessimism onto children. I keep it at bay. I don't believe that adults should impose their vision of the world on children, children are very much capable of forming their own visions. There's no need to force our own visions onto them.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/01/18/204931.php
quote:
"I don't have much patience for calculating and intellectualizing anymore," he said. "It has to do with the times. Nobody knows anything. Nobody knows what's going to happen. So my conclusion is, don't try to be too smart and wise. Why does anybody feel the way they do? Why is somebody depressed? Or angry? Even if you have a therapist, you're never going to figure it out. You're not going to solve it. Besides, every trauma is an important part of you."

"I'm hoping I'll live another thirty years [he's 63]. I want to see the sea rise over Tokyo and the NTV tower become an island. I'd like to see Manhattan underwater. I'd like to see when the human population plummets and there are no more high-rises, because nobody's buying them. I'm excited about that. Money and desire—all that is going to collapse, and wild green grasses are going to take over."

He said he'd visited the office tower of NTV, a Japanese television network, the day before: "I climbed two hundred and six meters up, to where the red lights are to warn the planes. You could see the whole city. And I thought, This place is haunted, doomed. All those buildings. All those cubicles."

Actually he is such a rare nihilist that uses his own pessimism to produce optimistic works . How good it would be if all the anarchists, terrorists, extreme environementalists and nihilists in the world followed Miyazaki's route.

02.25.2005, 01:45 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

April 15, 2005
Ghibli might have Satsuki and Mei's house built another place after EXPO.

「サツキとメイの家」についてのお詫び / 鈴木 敏夫
"Satsuki-to-Mei no ie ni tsuiteno owabi" / Suzuki Toshio
Apology for Satsuki and Mei's house house. April 15, 2005 Suzuki Toshio
http://www.ntv.co.jp/ghibli/owabi.html

Suzuki is writing the change in the reservation method. and he explains how it started that studio Ghibli will be related to EXPO.

"the reservation system that uses LAWSON's terminal is discontinued, and the reservation method
is changed to the application lot method with the postcard."

"at first, we recognised as one of the 'Forest Nature School'"

"the examination how to visit the house was done. "

"the complete reservation system was decided, esteeming the opinion of Ghibli 'We want everyone to
visit it unhurriedly'."

"the reason is lucid as follows. 8 hours, from 10:00 to the sunset 18:00. 25 every 15 minutes, 100 an hour, and 800 every 8 hours."

"April 1, the situation that far exceeded our expectation happened. the terminal freezed it all together at the reservation's beginning.
the number of accesses has gone up to 600,000."

"we surely admit the strict of the recognition that was not able to expect it to be that popularity overheats like this.

"there is an idea that as we can now. we would like to build another house for your visit after Expo. the place and time are being examined. we want everybody to see it permanently, not limited time."

04.16.2005, 06:02 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Thanks for the hands up.

It is amazing that Satsuki and Mei's house has such a high degree of popularity.

As far as I know there are quite a few places competing to be the permanent location of the house, including:
[list][*]Mitaka, western Tokyo (w/ the Ghibli museum)
[*]Tokorozawa, Saitama Prefecture (w/ Miyazaki's home + Totoro forest)
[*]Higashimurayama, western Tokyo (w/ the original model of the house)
[*]Kami-Ishizucho, Gifu Prefecture (w/ Totoro-esque forest)[/list]

Personally I prefer it to be located in Mitaka. Just a matter for convenience , as the town has the Ghibli museum, and also the park that contains the original models of the Japanese bathhouses in Spirited Away.

04.16.2005, 06:18 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Manni
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.17.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello, it's my first post . First - sorry for mistakes, but I'm still learning English.

I have a question - is there any informations about "Howl's Moving Castle" Japan DVD Release? I can't wait for it, I bought all Ghibli's movies and still want for more .

05.17.2005, 04:22 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by Manni
Hello, it's my first post . First - sorry for mistakes, but I'm still learning English.

I have a question - is there any informations about "Howl's Moving Castle" Japan DVD Release? I can't wait for it, I bought all Ghibli's movies and still want for more .

Hey welcome for joining us!

Your English is okay and clear enough to be understood. Anyway never mind about it as I am also learning English as my second (or third?) language.

I also have no idea of the Japanese R2 releaese of Howl... It is expected that the R3 version will be released in late July, and usually the R3 is released after the R2. But rules are prone to change, and delays are prone to happen. So we can never tell until the day the R2 is really released...

05.17.2005, 04:38 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

ther is some interview with Miyazaki

Miyazaki talk about Howl's moving Castle in Venezia
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...l_20050927a.htm (JP)

--about Howl's moving Castle.
I must not make such a movie, that her spell was broken so the old lady returned to a young girl and became happy. it means all of old person are unhappiness.
it was a difficult theme. the villain was attacked, it ends. the hero smiled, it ends. I cannot allow matters to rest there. When searching for the theme deeply, the framework of a entertaining movie was not cared about from me. consequently, it became a very confusing movie.

--circumstance of Animation production
It is heavily more and more. aging has advanced. the presbyopia measures are not the jokes.

--appeal of 2D animation
The amusing work can be made even from the penciled simple lines. In this times, It might be also good that we stick to the pencil thoroughly. The shop of clogs(Geta) goes under fast, and only the shop that remained at the end survives. Ghibli might be able to survive by doing so.

--about computers
To tell the truth, we also process the picture with a computer like Pixar. but, the CG staff of Ghibli exactly understands analog goodness. when we use the computer, we can change all the colors of the drawn picture. an editing are easy. we can easily intervene the others' work. It looks like rationalization. but, we must not do it.

--about the U.S. in heyday of 3DCG
It is not because of the technological revolution, It is logic of Capital. The excellent director and animator in U.S. makes considerably amusing movies, if they make the movie that is not Capital convenience. It doesn't become money though we also are making 3 short films for the Ghibli Museum now. but, it becomes amusing.

--about the retirement announcement before
I think that It is my retirement time, when the time of "Princess Mononoke".
I thought that time, the audience never enters. Ghibli might go under. I did to my heart's content by such a resolution. Then, it hit. The director is the worldly desires increases, so I can't retire. I cannot become splendid man even if I do for years how many.

--movie which you aims now
The work that mentions children's soul.
It is the terrible times when we can't see the future now, to children who were born in the times. after all, you were often born well, Congratulations, I want to say them. I want to make the movie which they think that they may be born.

10.04.2005, 03:56 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Official Howl's Moving Castle Interview Relay 1 -Suzuki Toshio-
http://club.buenavista.jp/ghibli/special...rview/index.jsp (JP)
He is talking about the dental treatment. not Howl's Moving Castle.

i transrated it.
but I will refuse accept of the complaint concerning this translation.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...nterview01e.htm

Post last edited by nanashi on 10.11.2005, 04:58 PM.

10.09.2005, 12:08 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

That's funny, but at the same time very weird . I wonder why the interviewer is so interested in Producer Suzuki's toothache that s/he spent most of the time on it... If I were him/her I would ask something that is more closely related to Howl. This is an offical interview by the website of Howl, after all.

Amazingly, I share a similar dental problem with Suzuki. For no reason at all, quite a number of my milk teeth just stopped to mature with no permanent teeth grow underneath them. So I am now stuck with them, having difficulties in chewing things. I have no idea when they will gradually come off. But they have already served me for a period that are much longer than their expected lifespan. Well, the air leak part is freaky...

And Suzuki took 6 cigarettes in one single interview!? Oh my god I wonder how many packs he consumes every day ... Maybe he shouldn't fix his teeth on the first hand. In that way he may be able to give up smoking.

Well. it is still good to know more about the personal side of Suzuki.

I wonder when there will be an interview with Miyazaki focusing on his hand and back strains.

10.10.2005, 03:55 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

CM producer Itoi Shigesato talk about Howl & Ghibli
Official Itoi web site
http://www.1101.com/howl/2005-10-03.html (JP)
He is talking about advertisement of Howl & Ghibli part 1

i transrated it.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...wl/1101-01e.htm

and this. (2005.10.13)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...wl/1101-02e.htm

This is interesting unlike the interview of Suzuki.

Post last edited by nanashi on 10.12.2005, 01:41 PM.

10.11.2005, 04:58 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nanashi, you're the man! Thanks fo keeping us up to date with this Ghibli news from Japan as always!

10.12.2005, 05:26 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Hansu no Kikan" is one of Hayao Miyazaki's manga which has never gotten a English translation! Ok, there is a nice word-for-word translated text document available by Maki Kamikura and Tom Wilkes, but I am glad to announce that I've finally made a true English translation of "Hansu no Kikan" and of course you can read it here at GhibliWorld.com!I took me a long time to edit all those pictures, but the result is very satisfying. You can check it over here if you'd like to:
www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Of course this is an unauthorized fan translation, the original work is copyright 1994 by Hayao Miyazaki, Model Graphix/Dai Nippon Kaiga, and/or other appropriate copyright holders, but I wanted to make this Miyazaki work not to be only accesable to those who can read Japanese, but also for the rest of the world. The artwork and translations are only for the purpose of encouraging interest in, and discussion about the works of Miyazaki. If you like "Hansu no Kikan" (The Return of Hans), then please support it's copyright holders by buying the original Japanese work. It's available as a book called "Miyazaki Hayao Mousou Note: Doromamire no Tora" (ISBN 4-499-22790-9), which can be bought at several stores like www.amazon.co.jp for example. It also contains another manga by Miyazaki called "Doromamire no Tora", information about Otto Carius, German military activity on the north-eastern front during World War II, and Miyazaki's trips to Estonia and Germany.

Post last edited by wushu-4-ever on 10.15.2005, 02:25 PM.

10.15.2005, 01:48 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

Grave of the Fireflies a live action TV on NTV. (air) Nov,1 21:00 japan
official site (japanese)
http://www.ntv.co.jp/hotaru/index.html

i cap the trailer, is here. 15sec 1.8MB
http://rose-schwarzes.hp.infoseek.co.jp/hotaru/hotaru.mpg

あの夏・・・
わたしたちは
たくさんのものを失いました

美しく
愛しい
たいせつなものを・・・

「節子、ごめんな・・・」

In that summer . . .
We
Lost many things.

Beautiful
Beloved
the Precious things . . .

"Sorry, Setsuko . . ."

Post last edited by nanashi on 10.25.2005, 11:56 AM.

10.25.2005, 11:46 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Thanks! It won't be better than the original Takahata anime, but I 'd very much like to see it! Can't wait for a DVD release...

10.25.2005, 05:36 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

by way of precaution,
it's 3-hour-TV-movie which is not the schedule which is made the series.

10.25.2005, 10:30 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

New Release CD 2005.11.16
Czech Phil Plays STUDIO GHIBLI Symphony

Orchestra Version, played by Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
CD:TKGA-502 2,381yen CD/SACD Hybrid
http://www.tkma.co.jp/tjc/ghibli_records/main/chekofil.html
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TKGA-502

01 1 : Ashitaka Sekki (5:45)
--- /from Symphonic Suite Mononoke Hime
02 4 : Mononoke Hime (4:39)
03 8 : Ashitaka and San (4:26)
04 Theme of "My Neighbors the Yamadas" -Orchestra Version- (3:32)
--- /from Houhokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun Orijinaru Furu Saundotorakku
05 Takashi & Matsuko's Tango Sinfonico (3:19)
--- /from Houhokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun Classic Album
06 Baron (4:19)
--- /from Neko no Ongaeshi Original Soundtrack
07 Pastorale (4:34)
08 Haru no Omoide (3:20)
09 Mysterious World (5:02)
--- /from Howl's Moving Castle Image Album
10 Moving Castle (3:55)
11 War War War (4:47)
12 Cave of Mind (5:4
13 Itsumo Nanndodemo -Orchestra Version- (4:34)
--- /from ???

11.07.2005, 11:11 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

...coming soon...
2005.11.9 - 11.18
video of interview with Miyazaki. (probably only Jp)
http://www.1101.com/
...you might have seen "making of 1/24second" there.
http://www.1101.com/asx/howl_cube_making.asx

(from Yomiuri Online in Japan http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...l_20051108a.htm)

***UPDATE 2005.11.9***
they started to deliver.
http://www.1101.com/miyazaki/index.html
+An address of Itoi Shigesato
PLAY 3:50

+No.1 all
PLAY 12:33

+No.1 psrt 1
PLAY 3:56
+No.1 part 2
PLAY 3:37
+No.1 part 3
PLAY 5:00

Post last edited by nanashi on 11.09.2005, 01:58 AM.

11.07.2005, 11:50 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

interview with Miyazaki Hayao in Venezia 1/9
1. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/1.asx 2005.11.9
2. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/2.asx 2005.11.10
3. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/3.asx 2005.11.11 talk about mizugumo-monmon and the other one
4. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/4.asx 2005.11.12
5. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/5.asx 2005.11.13
6. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/6.asx 2005.11.14
7. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/7.asx 2005.11.15
8. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/8.asx 2005.11.16
9. http://www.1101.com/asx/miyazaki/9.asx 2005.11.17

(Though it is still officially unpublished.
The file is already here. )

text ( japanese & romanized japaneze )
1. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview01.htm
2. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview02.htm
3. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview03.htm
4. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview04.htm
5. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview05.htm
6. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview06.htm
7. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview07.htm
8. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview08.htm
9. http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...interview09.htm
i was exhausted because of catching Japanese.
the voice of Interviewer is not caught easily. _| ̄|○

Post last edited by nanashi on 12.05.2005, 11:07 AM.

11.09.2005, 04:46 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks