QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Suggestions
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Suggestions » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
BookWorm
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.01.08
  Anime SuggestionsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone have any anime suggestions for me?? I love Cowby Bebop. (And Ghibli of course!) Thanks!!

11.05.2008, 10:57 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

K well Im not sure where to go off of just ghiblis and one series, but ill do what I can.

In my opinion, the next best to a Ghibli film is anything by Shinkai. So give A Place Promised in Our Early Days and/or Byousoku 5cm a chance. Very well done on both of them.

As per series wise, ill go that you like something with a little action, not sure of too much like Bebop as I havent seen it personally, but you might like something like Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana and maybe even something like a Last Exile.

Give those a look, are you just starting into anime or have you got a few series under your belt?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.05.2008, 11:28 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yea, it's kinda hard to give recommendations on just Cowboy Bebop alone.

I take it you're into comedy anyhow, so there's Azumanga Daioh, Fooly Cooly, and Samurai CHamploo, to name a few.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.06.2008, 10:00 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ouran High School Host Club is one of the best romantic comedies around, so if you like that kind of thing you could try that.

Death Note is great, it's hard to describe but it's really, really exciting.

D Gray-man is good, it's very long, 103 episodes, but it's a really good series. Also, Vampire Knight is excellent.

My Anime List

11.06.2008, 10:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What sort of thing do you think might interest you?

11.06.2008, 01:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
BookWorm
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.01.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks everyone so far for the suggestions....I really am just wanted to experience all kinds of anime. Not crap though, like the show on Nick Toons.

I don't mind blood guts action either. Just as long as it has a good story line, I'm up for anything.

I will have to check out what is already suggested.

11.10.2008, 10:03 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you say blood guts action? Elfen Lied my friend, Id stick a censors warning for several nudity shots, but the series is quite soaked in blood, you might enjoy that.

Also Id recommend Higurashi no naku koro ni. Great and suspenseful with a large amount of killing and plot twisting. Two of my top 5 favourite series ever i think.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.11.2008, 12:15 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

for humorous stuff, I got a kick out of the film about Haruhi Suzimiya (?) (forgot the full title) and also 'Chobits'. I was enjoying 'Love Ru' but can't find the rest of it...

I enjoyed the dilemmas that the guys find themselves in all three of these. The same thing with 'Light and Dark' or was that 'Dark and Light'?

It and Haruhi are of Veoh, I believe... been awhile since I've seen them and you know how old guys memories are... lol

I like humor more than anything else, I guess... Altho, I did enjoy "Ghost in the Shell" and 'Cowboy Bebop'... Also one about a Japanese swordman... Have to look that one up again. I think that I mentioned it in the 'What movie did you watch today' thread.

EDIT: It was 'Samurai X'

Dang, I've watched more than I thought...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.11.2008, 11:31 PM.

11.11.2008, 10:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, Mushi-shi! It's wonderful, a tad bit quiet, but it's a very nice anime. It's rather Ghibli-ish as well.

I haven't finished that one yet.. I haven't been able to rent it lately.

11.12.2008, 01:23 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gah, I really need to get round to watching Mushi-shi. I really don't understand how I never have time for it. ^^'

My Anime List

11.12.2008, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I reccomend the show you just called crap. I mean you can't determine if the show is crap if you've only watched like a few episodes!

Check out my music:

11.12.2008, 06:09 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

. . .

What show?

My Anime List

11.12.2008, 06:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

outside of tall's randomness, ill throw in a second to mushishi. Greatly episodic, awesome when you dont have a lot of time and just want a nice self contained story. Reminds me of like 26 different eps like Voice of a Distant Star. Great for sure.

Click for Gallery^^

11.12.2008, 06:23 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, Voices of a Distant Star.. I own the manga of it, I should watch it. The manga made me cry. XD Is this created by the one who made She and Her Cat, or who was that director?

If you like comedy, I'd recommend Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and that depends if you can get past the amount of creepy fanservice. XD Most times it makes me laugh though, so there's no real problem. And the openings have NOTHING to do with the series, warning you now. XD Interesting animation style and completely weird. Love it. <33

I shall name more once I can. Because I usually recommend manga, not anime..

11.12.2008, 10:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
. . .

What show?

Well the only show on nick that even comes close to anime is Avatar.

Check out my music:

11.13.2008, 11:39 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know somebody that's obsessed with avatar... and she likes naruto...

And that's really all that she's seen. So I informed her of her anime deprived-ness.

And then she said that she thought that Aang was cute or something, and I realized that she was double-deprived.

11.13.2008, 11:57 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went into my local anime store yesterday and looked at a few dvds -

Chobits ?
Cowboy bebop seen some b4
Final fantasy cool
Guyver ?
Ghoist in the shell :2nd gig seen some b4

11.18.2008, 05:16 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Totoro
Chobits ?
Guyver ?

Chobits is great. Very funny. I haven't seen all of it, but it's definitely worth your time.

Guyver is good if you want some slightly cheesy and quite exciting action. The ending is kinda odd though, but only because of the way they portioned the manga storyline throughout the series.

11.18.2008, 05:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if you are a fan of Bebop then definitely give Samurai Champloo a shot, as Roar has already suggested. its the same director as Bebop, Shinchiro Watanabe. i personally think Champloo is as good as if not almost better than bebop though bebop obviously had something that made it alot more popular amongst a mass audience. champloo should be the next thing you watch i reckon, and its worth investing in the dvd set to, you will watch it over and over i promise.

11.19.2008, 03:13 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can someone give me a title similar to Pet Shop of Horrors and Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji? Because I KNOW there's some I found a few years ago, I just fail to find them. ;_;

And I suck even more for not knowing there was a 4 long episode anime of Pet Shop of Horrors. ;_; I adore this series. I'll collect the whole original series next summer when I go up to the camp because the Gamezilla there's the only place that sells the original series. It's nowhere else, just the newer version where Count D has his pet shop in Tokyo. The anime was made in 1999 and 2000, wasn't it? WTF took me so long to find it that I had to use Meggy's yaoi site to find it? XD No, it's not yaoi, it's a slashable BL series if you think of him and Leon that way. No, I don't. XD

Kuroshitsuji's anime is differing a lot from the manga now, but they maintain this series better than many. O.O I think the one in charge of episode 1 is doing these past two episodes, because they differ extremely and it's the only time I notice Sebastian's sickly pale countenance and brown eyes. He actually has red eyes and not so pale skin. XD He may be a demon, but still.. And the naked dog-man obsessed with licking him... Can I kill it? o_O;; Not literally. XD

Not sure where to look for similar titles.. And there's one about a silver haired god named Koumei and a boy named Rikusan, I THINK. I can't remember the title, and I really wanna finish this series.

11.21.2008, 03:21 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks