QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - EGGS
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » EGGS » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Dorkface/Thuwed is referred to as a 'Dorkwed'...

02.25.2013, 03:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I realized that. Also, my post was supposed to say moonstone. XD

02.25.2013, 09:14 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

new eggies!!!

03.04.2013, 02:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I picked up one of the new ones that had been abandoned, probably because it was receiving waaaay too many views and it had only been around an hour and was already cracking. o.e Made it invisible. My scroll doesn't say anything about it being sick, but it was on it's second to last stage of cracking already.

Also got a CB pillow (for my pure pillow lineage). ^^ And an abandoned silver. Yay.

Currently I have four adult pillows, three are male and one is female. Two pillow hatchies and one pillow egg until breeding is available for my pretties. Two of the males do not have pure lineages but I'll likely mate them with pillows still.

Also two geodes (one should hatch soon and the other is a hatchie).

03.06.2013, 09:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You know, I was worried about that sick part myself with one of my previous egg/hatchies... I, too, fogged it to protect it when it was well over 4000 clicks and, like you, it never seemed to be sick.

I'm wondering if the anti-sick/die option from the holidays is still in effect...

03.07.2013, 01:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Possibly. I just found it strange. I'll unfog it in a day or so.

Also, snagged another CB pillow eggie. :3 this brings my total to 8 pillows. Yay. <3

I was worried I might be unable to snag the newest egg, because I was egg locked. XD I wonder how many dragons I have now in my collection.. need t count.

Why is breeding extremely unlucky though? Only once did a pair of my pillows produce an egg this past week and when I attempted with others, no egg was produced. I read others complaining about it too.

03.07.2013, 08:17 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No reason has been given, they are just slow, I think possibly to lower the amount of eggs in the AP. It used to be that you could get up to four eggs from a mating, but that was dropped to one egg. I did read a post about this a few months ago...

EDIT:
While looking around the DC, i found this quote from another user...

"Ratios go in cycles for some reason. It happens quite often that a breed is suddenly produced very much or very little for a while before going back to where it was (or into the other extreme). These phases can last for a few weeks or even months."

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.07.2013, 08:01 PM.

03.07.2013, 07:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I got a silver tinsel. ^_^v Yay.

EDIT: I'm going insane with pillows. 8 adults (2 female), two hatchies and two eggs I bred. Woot.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.12.2013, 11:21 PM.

03.08.2013, 11:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Whoa!!! the most eggs/hatchies I've ever had on the list at one time... 6 eggies (possibly one more on the way) and 10 hatchies = 16!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.14.2013, 04:05 AM.

03.13.2013, 02:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I got a bronze tinsel. I'll add it to my signature in the morning. Which makes it so I have two bronze tinsels and one silver~. This bronze has a nice lineage.

It's still weird to me that you can mate parents and offspring together though..

03.13.2013, 11:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, I now try not to do it, but it is still called 'inbreeding'. The thing is, if a few generations of the same breed are kept true to type, you can still call them 'purebred' regardless how mixed the earliest gen are.

The thing is, unlike RL genetics, a Dragon can ONLY be either the breed of the father or the mother, none of the previous generations will have any effect on the breed of egg laid.

There are a few exceptions to the rule like the "Guardian of Nature" breed which can ONLY be created by combining the 'BSA' powers of three separate breeds, a Thunder, A Magma and an Ice. Likewise, the Two-Finned Bluna, the Ultraviolet, the Shallow Water and the Geode Dragons can only be produced by combining two different breeds...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.14.2013, 04:22 AM.

03.14.2013, 04:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've decided to hunt for a Black Alt, as the eggs in my sig might suggest. I also successfully bred and raised a Silver Tinsel.

03.14.2013, 04:55 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm getting a bit tempted to go back to the cave again. It's been a while. I'd quite like to make a start from scratch. Eh... maybe I'll go and do that right now.

EDIT: There. Nothing too exciting, just ones I like.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.14.2013, 07:15 PM.

03.14.2013, 06:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Cave again, Kaz...

03.14.2013, 08:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Kaz, to get more hits, etc on your Dragons, may I suggest 'DragHatch', a good site and easy to upload the Dragon codes to... I use it 100% now and have not had any problems. To finish out after they reach the 'less than 4 days...' mark, I go to 'Jaemeia' and enter the code there... All my eggs and hatchies seem to thrive...

I added your Grey and Guardian eggs to Jaemeia already since you are 'accepting help from others...'. They will receive enough hits to hatch, but not enough to sicken...

If you prefer that I not do this in the future, please let me know. I do sometimes stick my nose in where it does not belong, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.17.2013, 07:53 PM.

03.17.2013, 07:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AAAAHHAA YES one of my black dragons turned out to be an ALT

03.17.2013, 09:25 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, thanks Husky. I don't mind, don't worry, I just figured that they would be okay with the views from here and Gaia where I put them in my sig as well. Would certainly have taken longer though, heh. Hmm, well that'll be the first batch grown up soon~.

My Anime List

03.19.2013, 08:47 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Wow, these Easter eggs are awesome. I've collected six so far... I think there are forty-one in total.

My Anime List

03.31.2013, 01:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

yes, they are all pretty... I happened to be on last night when they started dropping them and I have all 41 now... I did sleep last night so no prob there... They drop every 5-12 minutes or so... Still more than 2 days to go...

03.31.2013, 03:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

The two eggs on the right are the new eggs that were just dropped...

There is another egg that can only be obtained by breeding two specific eggs... I have to figure them out...

04.07.2013, 06:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks